The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 12:09 am

::~ATTENTION READERS~::

If you have the desire to join us here in the RP, we welcome you, but there is something you must know. If you join, please be prepared to give express permission to FS and myself to use the character and your part in the storyline. This RP is acting as the template for the book we are co-authoring (you can read synopsis and prologue in the "Legend's Den" if interested). So, if you're interested in joining, please, feel free to jump in, but keep in mind that we do have a purpose for the RP.

Thanks. Smile

~AVA~

---

The Phoenix Saga, Part 1

Prologue:

A crimson sunset lanced the sky, turning the clouds to blood. The earth smelled of rain and wetness, a damp mist hanging in the air. Tall grass brushed against bare legs, hands dripping from the water collected from seed-heavy stalks. A faint and resonant call echoed across the endless stretches of field, the sound almost like singing.

As the sun continued to settle to its sleep below the horizon, the song grew steadily louder, and further on, a gleam brighter than the sun began to shine. Stars blinked awake in the sky overhead, and the burning beacon grew steadily closer. Detail of it began to form; a bird, its wingspan massive, its eyes gentle, its body of low burning flame. It raised its beak into the sky, letting out a soft cry, twining the notes of the song into the glow of the moon.

"Hello, my little one..."

Chapter 1: When World and Dream Collide

Destiny jumped in her seat and let out a sharp gasp when her friend Natalie pinched her shoulder. Students around her turned to stare, some whispering urgently behind their hands. Reaching up one shaky hand to push a lock of her flame red hair from her eyes, she felt the close scrutiny of her English teacher upon her.

"Destiny, is something wrong?" he asked, lowering his hand from the whiteboard.

"No, I'm fine," she returned, smoothing her sleeves down. "Sorry, Mr. Corman. It won't happen again."

Mr. Corman gave her one last look before turning back to the board and continuing his lesson on William Shakespeare's "The Phoenix and the Turtle." Destiny took abouther deep breath and glanced down at her text book, taking in the next four stanzas.

"Here the anthem doth commence:
Love and constancy is dead;
Phoenix and the turtle fled
In a mutual flame from hence.

So they loved, as love in twain
Had the essence but in one;
Two distincts, division none:
Number there in love was slain.

Hearts remote, yet not asunder;
Distance, and no space was seen
'Twixt the turtle and his queen:
But in them it were a wonder.

So between them love did shine,
That the turtle saw his right
Flaming in the phoenix' sight;
Either was the other's mine."

She chewed on her thumbnail, re-reading the stanzas, Mr. Corman's voice falling into a droning in the back ground of her mind. Her heart continued to race as she mulled over the daydream she'd just had, wondering at its meaning and message. It wasn't the first time that school year that she'd drifted off in class.

The final bell for the day rang, dragging her from her musings. Around her, other students gathered books and belongings, talking animatedly about weekend plans and spring break trips they were going on with family. Natalie swooped down to check her over, grousing before hugging her and running from the room. Destiny smiled, waving at Natalie's retreating back, before stacking her notebook and textbook into her left arm. Looking around, she met the eyes of her friend Terry. Smiling a little more, she raised her free hand in a wave and headed for the door into the hall.

Last edited by Avadedra Hetarra on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:03 am

Terry hurriedly scribbled down his homework assignment, not even bothering to listen to the poem. He'd heard it before, and it held no special significance for him. Still, he was near the top of the class, so obviously he was doing something right.

As soon as the bell rang, he sat up and brushed a few strands of his dark brown, curly hair from his eyes. He pulled a tattered black backpack from beside his desk and stuffed the papers inside. It was already overfilled with meters and other such scientific equipment, so the papers barely fit. Terry was young and athletic, but he was known as the class geek primarily for his proclivity toward the sciences and the unknown. Some even dubbed him the "class conspiracy theorist" for his tendency to connect the dots between two seemingly-unrelated events and form elaborate hypotheses about the connection and the truth behind them.

If only his classmates knew what he did when the sun went down beyond the western horizon, he would have been even more ostracized than he already was. But it mattered little. He loved what he did, and he was going to keep on doing it no matter what anyone else said.

He followed after the others out into the hall, intending to go home to get an early start on his science fair project. "So Des," he smiled, catching up to his flame-haired friend, "What were you dreaming about this time? Boys?" He laughed a bit, obviously joking. He'd never known Destiny to associate with any of the boys in class except for him. She was as brilliant as he was, which was part of the reason they'd bonded almost instantly upon meeting.

Still, his curiosity remained... What was it that occupied so much of his friend's mind, so often?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:16 am

Destiny cast a glance at Terry, dodging a smaller student who went hurtling down the hall, sharing his laugh.

"Yah, you'd like that, wouldn't you?" she shot back, nudging him with her elbow before stopping at her locker. "And no, I wasn't dreaming about boys, if you must know. It was..."

She stopped, one hand poised over her science text book, her thoughts racing. How much should she tell him? She'd known him less than a year, since the middle of their freshmen year of high school. He was a great guy, always ready to help, but she wasn't sure exactly what to tell him. She didn't even understand what her daydreams meant.

"It was weird," she said with finallity, shoving the science book into her bag and closing her locker. "That was all. Just... weird."

Patting Terry's shoulder, she smiled as she moved past him. The halls were beginning to clear out, leaving only a few students to wander about. Destiny suddenly wanted to be out in the open air, to feel the sunshine and the breeze. Shifting her bookbag to her shoulder, she hurried her pace and flew out the door and into the bright afternoon.
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:25 am

Alex smiled, leaning back against the building opposite the school as she flicked a piece of grass from her jeans. The sun was bright and warm against her skin, the wind cool, crisp. It felt as if Mother Nature herself was cradling her in a gentle embrace. Her own mother, however, would probably do less than that since she'd skipped her last class...again...and the principle would most likely call her house...again.
The front doors to the school swung open and she sighed softly, getting up and brushing her clothes off. After changing the song, she stuck her MP3 player in her pocket and swung her backpack over her shoulder, heading for the side of the school where the buses waited to be loaded with students. Since she lived a 45 minute bus ride from the school, skipping was sometimes pointless...but there were times the call of the outdoors was just too loud in her ears to ignore.
It wasn't as if she failed her classes anyway - she had always been particularly bright because of her love of books. After her brother had turned up missing two years ago, she'd all but buried herself in her books - striving to increase her knowledge to carry on their destiny on her own.

She shook herself from her thoughts just as a student ran by, crashing into her side and quickly running off as she caught herself from falling. "Watch where you're going, witch!" he sneered, jogging to what she assumed to be his bus.
Rolling her violet eyes, she continued towards her bus and boarded, taking a seat towards the middle - the only window seat still open. The human tendency towards stereotypes really was an annoying trait...
Sighing, she tugged her knee-length, so-brown-it-almost-looks-black braid from behind her shoulder and laid it across her lap as she stared out the window. A girl with flaming red hair stood out to her in the crowd...she looked familiar until Alex placed her - they both had the same final period English class.

Resting her forehead against the window, she closed her eyes as she waited for the bus to take off.
No, maybe she couldn't hide from her past...or her future, for that matter. But at least she could put it off to a good tune for awhile.

"Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you
These city walls ain't got no love for me
I'm on the ledge of the eighteenth story
And oh I scream for you
Come please I'm callin'
And all I need from you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.alex-sukehiro.deviantart.com
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:32 am

As the classes emptied from the school and the buses readied to depart, a lone figure stood within the principal's office. He stood as if without a care in the world, head cocked to the side with a gracious smile on his face. He was tall and lanky, wearing a blue t-shirt, with a blue jacket on top. His head was covered in ample golden-blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. His large eyes were an unusual shade of amber.

The principal sat in his chair leaned back, shuffling through papers. "So, you're our new student?"

The youth nodded slightly, "I am, and I'm happy to be here."

"Well, I hope you have settled well into our country. It is very different from Japan. If I may, you don't look very... Japanese."

The youth's smile edged down a little. "My family is not originally from Japan, but I was born there."

The principal nodded, and stood up. "Well, Kit, I hope you find our school to be a good experience for you."

Kit bowed to the principal and then reached to shake his hand. After retrieving his copies of the papers, Kit bounded down the hallway.

America is so much different than I imagined. Bouncing through the final doors, he spied his new class-mates leaving en masse. Kit's smile faded as he began walking down the walkway, towards the throng of students, and towards his new home.

----

((Sorry if its... lackluster. Probably be a bit more into character next post... getting tired, and wanted to post before going to bed.

Any issues? I've PMed both Ava and FireStorm... probably should have said what exactly my character was to FireStorm, but I completely forgot... Ava has that information, I think, if I'm not on. Or, just PM me, and I'll send the info back, as needed))
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:08 am

Unaware of the adventure his curiosity would soon find him, Terry followed Destiny quickly from the school. He wasn't going to let her get a way with a brush-off answer like that.

"C'mon Des," he said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder, "I can tell when something is bothering you, and something is definitely bothering you. You know I'll eventually figure it out anyway."

He shifted his backpack so that it would be easier to carry and keep up with Destiny's brisk pace. Even though he was used to her peculiar behavior and normally paid it no mind, she had been getting even stranger lately. These day dreams had started only in the past couple months, and it seemed from what he could tell as if Destiny fell deeper into them each time. Something about that just didn't feel right to him.

((A little bit short, but oh well. Alex and Kensei, great posting by BOTH of you. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:36 am

Destiny slowed to a stop and collapsed onto a bench. Her emerald eyes scanned the crowd, following an unfamiliar blonde boy as he shuffled past, his lanky form moving easily through the crowd. Shifting her gaze to the busses, she saw a brown-haired girl staring at her before closing her eyes. So many people, so many lives...

"Look, Terry," she began, dropping her bag from her shoulder to the ground between her feet, "I can't explain any of it. I mean, one second, I'm here in class, or at home at my computer. Next thing, I'm... somewhere."

She returned her gaze to the ever-thinning crowd, unease eating at her.

"Terry, could you do me a favor?" She turned pleading eyes on him. "Walk me home? I know it's the opposite direction from your place, but... I don't want to go alone. Please?"
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:14 am

The bus doors closed and the beast lurched forward into the city streets to make its last trip of the day. The students were loud, chatty...but Alex zoned them out to the music of Jack's Mannequin playing over her headphones as the scenery slid by around her. She had all but fallen asleep when she realized the bus had arrived at her stop and the driver was shouting over the din for her to get off.
Snapped from her daydreams, Alex grabbed her bag and made her way down the aisle, avoiding several attempts to trip her before finally exiting the bus. As the doors closed, she softly sighed and started walking down the dirt path to her home, nestled back in the tree line just barely on the outskirts of town.
Pulling a key from her backpack, she unlocked the door and entered the house, slipping her shoes off in the foyer
"I'm hooome..." she called softly into the house, silence answering her call. Shutting off her MP3 player and tucking it into her backpack, she walked into the kitchen.
"Okaasan...? Otoosan...?"
More silence.
Ducking back into the foyer, she started the climb up the stairs to her room as her cat, Mittenacht (Mitte for short) started her lazy climb down the stairwell towards her, rubbing against her legs with a welcoming purr. Alex bent to pet her soft, black fur, then continued to her room, poking her head in her parents' bedroom to find it empty. Her father, a worker at a nearby factory, she had not expected to be home anyway. However her mother, a night shift nurse at a local hospital, was usually sleeping when Alex got home. Maybe she'd had an early shift.
Dumping her things in her room, she took her key and MP3 player out of her backpack and dropped them into her pockets. Putting on a baseball cap with her braid through the hole in the back, she jogged back down the stairs and out into the woods behind the house.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 8:31 pm

The busses departed and the mob of students began to lazily walk-away in that way only teenagers can. Languidly dispersing in the mid-afternoon sun.

Kit made his way easily through the crowd, and began his walk down the walkway towards the street. As he neared the sidewalk, he stopped and turned to take another look at the school, scanning among the students who still hung about.

Turning back, and seeing no reason to hurry, Kit began his slow and leisurely walk home. Enjoying the light breeze and the sounds of the birds.

At least the town seems pleasent enough. Kit mused to himself.

----

((Stil short... Just don't have much material for Kit on his own, and most introductions for the other charatcers I can think of, come off hackneyed... Well, either way, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Terry sat down beside Destiny, but he never let his hand leave her shoulder. Something just told him that she needed someone close to her right now... someone who would listen or care. He knew that her mother had died in a car crash some years before, and that her father was barely home, having poured himself into his work afterward. He knew that her brother was usually her only company, but beyond that, she had no one that he could tell.

He listened with furrowed, questioning brows to her request. It seemed like such a small thing, to walk a girl home. Most guys might even take it that she was trying to flirt with him or ask him out. Unfortunately, her tone gave an indication that was quite the opposite... Destiny was scared.

"Uh, sure," he replied, "My parents won't be home until late, so it won't be a big deal for me to come over to your place for a bit." Terry was known by Destiny's brother and father. As far as he knew they liked him, but he couldn't tell for sure. Something about the whole family just seemed... slightly off.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:52 am

Destiny smiled brightly, reaching up to squeeze Terry's hand before getting to her feet. She pulled her bag back onto her shoulders and set off down the walkway. Turning left, she settled into a liesurely pace.

"Chance has been acting funny lately," she said after a few moments of silence. "Well, funnier than normal. Usually, he comes home and locks himself in his room. Dad tells me that he's just stressed because he's graduating soon. But lately, he's been slinking around the house. I've caught him watching me. It's spooky."

She glanced at Terry, gauging his reaction.

"Dad tells me not to worry about that, either. My family is getting really weird."
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:33 pm

There was a spot near the middle of the woods - quiet and enveloped by weeping willow trees. The wind was a cool whisper through their branches and the small stream that ran alongside the secluded spot was a giggling child, ready to speak of adventures to be had.
On a bare long near the left side of the clearing, Alex sat and practiced a few nature-summons, a book of spells open on her lap. Some would say practicing summons alone was dangerous or “tempting fate”…maybe if Alex actually believed in “fate,” she would have heeded their warnings. However, she was more inclined to believe she decided her own path, even though the meaning of her name (“protector”) had already decided at least her role in life.
Closing her book, she stood and looked around the clearing, starting to feel a bit disoriented. A sense of direction had never been her strong point.
“Agh…where the heck did I come in at?” she mumbled to herself. Taking a guess, she pointed herself east and walked from the woods.
~~*~~
When she finally exited the woods, she stood on a paved street which was unfamiliar to her. Turning in circles, she tried to get her bearings but to no avail. Deciding to walk towards the end of the road, she meandered on for a good fifteen minutes before spotting a guy walking the opposite way, his blonde hair shining in the sunlight. Hoping he wasn’t familiar with her school designation of “witch” she started to job his way. His back was turned to her, so she spoke up to get his attention.
“Hey! ‘Scuse me, dude!” she raised her voice above the sound of an oncoming car, jogging to catch up to him. “Do you happen to know how to get to Kineto street from here?”
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:15 am

Caught up in his own thoughts Kit did not notice her approach.

"Do you happen to know how to get to Kineto street from here?”

Kit jumped back slightly, stopped, and blinked. Before him stood a girl wearing a baseball cap with a long dark braid flowing through the hole in the back. She held an overlarge book at her side. He stood there for a moment before realising what had been asked.

"Oh. I... no. I am... new here. I only know the way to Obasan... I mean, my aunt's home."

Seeing a frown come across her face, Kit raised his hands as if in a motion to stop the change of expression.

"I can help you look for it. If you want."

Kits smiled, trying to be comforting.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptySat May 31, 2008 2:54 pm

Terry was glad that at least he'd made Destiny feel a little bit better, temporary or slight though that relief might have been. He set off after her, letting her set the pace. In truth, he preferred to walk a lot faster. At another time, another place, he might have even challenged her to a race, but not now.

He listened to her story with furrowed brows. "Well, I don't really know what to make of that," he admitted, "I mean... Since when does Chance not act funny? He's been a bit of an odd-ball since I first met him... not that I have a lot of room to talk." He did find it odd though that he would watch his sister as she made it seem. Why would he have any reason to do that?
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Destiny shrugged, letting out a light laugh. Terry had a point, there was no denying that.

"He's been strange since the day I was born," she said, smiling. "But you, you have an excuse, don't you? You're a jock-looking geek." Adjusting her bag, she turned to walk backward, grinning brightly. "Not that I personally have an issue with that. I'm not exactly non-nerd myself, am I?"

She stopped outside of the two-story brownstone she shared with her father and brother, digging her keys out of her pocket.

"I hope you're hungry. I made a crapload of cookies last night."
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 am

Alex smiled, offering a small bow in return for his kindness. "I'd appreciate that a lot - thank you!" she said.

Snapping her fingers as if she forgot something, she walked to a nearby tree on the side of the sidewalk, taking a piece of bark from the trunk in her hand. Closing her eyes, she whispered, "Gaia, rector suus semita tutus domus..." Opening her eyes, she walked back to him and touched his hand lightly with the bark before tossing it back beside the tree. "I did a pathway spell...in case you get lost helping me and for your kindness. If you look from where you are, the energy in this tree will generate a light only you can see so you can find your way back home," she said, a small grin on her face.

Beginning to walk down the sidewalk, she looked over at him. He was taller than she...which wasn't too hard to accomplish since she was only 5'6." "So, how long have you been living here?" she asked casually.

(my apologies for taking so long to post - life and such got in the way momentarily. lol)
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 2:40 am

Keeping pace, and still smiling, Kit turned his head to the side, in a quizzical manner.

"A spell?" he asked, "Thats neat."

Returning his head upright, he continued. "I've only been here in town for a few days. I've been unpacking at my aunt's home." Kit dug into his pocket and pulled out a macth. He placed it in his mouth, facing head out.

"I used to live in Japan with my mother. Got signed in for a student exchange program, and I'd always wanted to come here."

Still scanning the area, the match burst in to flame, seemingly of its own accord. As it did so, Kit breathed deeply and wisps of flame pulled apart from the match, and flowed into his mouth. Kit pulled the match out and tossed it to the ground.

"I think I like it here so far." Kit stopped at the street corner, and lookied both ways. "How is the school here? I was there earlier, but I haven't attended classes yet."

((No worries, Alex. Life always takes precedence.))
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 am

Alex nodded with a smile. "Thanks! Some of the kids around her found out about it and started callin' me Witch around school," she said with a chuckle, her tone saying it didn't really bother her much.

"You used to live in Japan?" she asked, turning to look at him as he stuck the match into his mouth. "I was born there, but we left when I was six."

Listening to his question, she shrugged. "I've only been in school here for about three months, but it's alright so far - though I hear to stay away from Mr. Anderson's Chem class...guy's a crotchety old guy that grades like a Nazi or some such," she said.

As he sucked the flames into his mouth, her eyebrows raised as a grin crossed her face. "I'd call you a dragon, but you're missing a tail," she said appreciatively.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:48 am

"In the circles my family keeps, talents like that are to be celebrated." Kit looked away as if remembering something.

"Yeah, I was born there too, though family isn't from there originally anyway." Stopping for a moment, he laughed, and pointed at his hair. "I guess thats pretty obvious though."

Kit grinned wide himself and chuckled. "Missing a tail you say? Well, its true, I'm not a dragon." He winked, "Maybe you'll find out on your own, its more interesting that way."

Tapping his chin, he thought aloud. "I've always wanted to learn a little magic."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 am

((Whoaaaa! Slow down. Don't get too far ahead of me. lol!))

Terry couldn't help but laugh himself. "I don't make excuses, Des," he replied, "You know that... I just happen to like working out." Okay, so it wasn't the whole truth, but what would his friend have thought if she knew what he did when the sun went down? He wasn't exactly a normal teen by anyone's standards, and he doubted she'd believe his tale if he told her.

He stepped up into the home and sat his bag down beside the door. "If they're anything like your Jalepeno with Macadamia nut cookies, I'm not sure I even want to think about it," he laughed, "Those things left my mouth on fire for a week."
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 am

Alex giggled when he pointed to his hair. "Coulda been a new breed - ya never know!" she said with a soft laugh.

"Find out on my own, huh?" she asked with a thoughtful expression on her face. "Well, since you're being nice to me, I guess that rules out torture..." she said with a teasing grin.

When they came to a fork in the road, she stopped, regarding both roads with a groan, then randomly picked the one heading further east. Her home was on the eastern side of the town anyway...

"Well, it's not exactly magic," she clarified, both of her arms holding the book in front of her. Because of the proportion of her size to the book, it had an almost cartoonish-comical effect.
"Many of my spells are centered on the energy in the earth, so they're more like summoning spells. I'm not sure how to explain it, but...there's a difference between spells and the popular conception of magic...." she flinched, as if seeing something flash before her mind's eye. "...a deeper danger," she said softly, then shook her head as if to clear the mental image away. "I'd be happy to teach you some beginner's stuff one of these days if you'd like," she offered with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 pm

OOC: Oh, ototo, don't be that way. :p We've left folks behind before ourselves. Rolling on the floor

Destiny let out a hearty laugh, closing the door and dropping her own bag.

"Hey, don't blame me for that, buddy. You're the one who ate ten of them like you had something to prove to the world. But you don't have to worry about that this time. They're safe, simple, chocolate chip with cranberries and walnuts. Sound palatable?"

Pulling her shirt tale from her waist band, Destiny crossed the hall into the family room.

"And if you're good I'll give you some mi..."

Destiny pulled up short, her eyes widening. There were three unfamiliar men standing in front of the large bay window, and a fourth sitting comfortably on the cream colored couch. She felt Terry stop behind her as the man on the couch sat forward, removing his sunglasses as he smiled.

"Hello Destiny," he said smoothly, his voice low and strong. "We were beginning to worry you'd not be coming home today."
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 pm

Mimicking a worried look at the mention of tortue, Kit closed his eyes, and mused. "What have I gotten myself into?"

Noticing Alex flinch, Kit was about to speak up, though she said something low and shook her head.

"I would like that, I think." Kit nodded. Noticing the lay of the town, Kit mentioned, "My Aunt's house is in this direction."

Sniffing the air, Kit smiled. "This town smells very pleasent. Very close to the forest and nature, as towns should be. It reminds me of home."

---

OOS: No worries, I'll try to keep from overposting, either way. :p
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:09 am

Terry laughed. It was true that he'd eaten quite a few of them, which was probably stupid considering his... uniqueness, but Destiny had dared him. She knew him well enough to know that he wasn't one to back down from a challenge... any challenge. "Next time I'll dip them in milk first, okay?" he quipped.

He had to admit the thought of her latest cookies was an appealing one, but any thoughts of delicious, tangy-sweet, fruit and nut cookies were pushed aside when he took note of the four men sitting upon the couch... and Destiny was obviously surprised, in spite of them knowing her name.

All at once, Terry felt his instincts flaring up. He placed himself protectively between her and the strangers, although he stayed to the side just in case they weren't the threat he thought. "Friends of yours, Des?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:20 am

Destiny shook her head vigorously, knowing Terry couldn't see her.

"No. They're not," she managed. "I've never seen them before."

The man on the couch let out a chuckle and slipped his sunglasses into his jacket, rising to his feet. He moved with such silence he seemed inhuman, and his smile never reached his eyes, though something akin to amusement shone in them.

"Des, is it?" the man said, stepping lightly around the coffee table. "That's simple enough. Easy to remember. Now, if you'll just quietly come with us, that's a good girl."

Destiny instinctively clutched the back of Terry's shirt, her fingers trembling. Something tickled the base of her neck, making her hair stand on end.

"I don't think I'll be doing that, thanks," she said as strongly as she could manage. "Now, I want you to get out of my house before I call the police."

The man laughed.

"No. No, I don't believe you'll be doing that."

Almost as one, the four men began to advance on the two teens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!   The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Phoenix Saga, Part 1 READ FIRST POST!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next