The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) Empty
PostSubject: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:33 pm

Okay, maybe I'm like the forum's biggest nerd, but despite my anger over his milking of the Clone Wars Cash Cow, I've got to say George Lucas and Lucas Arts have outdone themselves with this game, to be released in September: The Force Unleashed, to be released on all of the major next-gen consoles:
PS3
PS2
PSP
XBox360
Wii
Nintendo DS

It won't have a PC port released due to the fact that most PCs wouldn't be able to handle it. It incorperates three cutting-edge technologies:
Havok- a real-world physics engine which causes inanimate objects to act like objects in the real world, having weight, mass, determining the velocity at which they're thrown, etc...
Euphoria- an engine which causes AI characters to act much like living things in the real world, giving them a brain, spinal cord, central nervous system, and a self-preservation instinct, resulting in a far more realistic gameplay experience.
Digital Molecular Matter (DMM)- Causes objects in the game world to act like objects in the real world. Wood will splinter like real wood. Glass will shatter like real glass. Metal will dent and bend like real metal, and all of these will take into account real world properties, such as velocity and weight of the objects causing these changes.

All three of these technologies work together, so that not only do the characters interact realistically with the environment, but the environment interacts realistically with the characters. For example, if someone grabs a beam, that beam might bend or splinter under his weight.

All that said, here's the trailer:

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Nonsense?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 12:56 am

I don't think that the Clone Wars movie is gonna fly- in fact I believe that it'll crash and burn. I want it to. The game on the other hand, I think that it might be a wicked game. I can't wait for it to come out- if it hasn't already- and I'm gonna give it a try.

And a note......you're not the only gamer/nerd.....I love video games...Check out Final Fantasy 7 and Advent Children. That was awesome.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 am

By the looks of the trailer it looks awesome, but it isn't really my gaming style.

Give me Gran Tourismo 5 (not Prologue) and Grid. Then i am just one happy kid. GT5 is coming out later on only the PS3, so when it hits the stores here in Europe, i am going with my brother to buy ourself a GT5 pack.

Link to gt5 Prologue:
http://www.granturismoworld.com/en/index.htm

Link for Grid:
http://www.codemasters.com/grid/index.php?territory=EnglishUSA#/home/

For the rest, i just like and love some racegames.
Everyone who likes some arcade racing check out this free game: http://www.trackmania.com/en/index.php?lang=en&rub=nations
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 6:03 am

ehh...

I despise the Unleashed concept, as much as I despise the 'secret apprentice' idea (IE: Very Much, in Vader's case, its a character violation, at the least, in my eyes)...

That said... the game looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 11:09 am

KenseiKitsune wrote:
ehh...

I despise the Unleashed concept, as much as I despise the 'secret apprentice' idea (IE: Very Much, in Vader's case, its a character violation, at the least, in my eyes)...

That said... the game looks interesting.

Eh... Not so much a character violation. Our friend here is essentially a dark Luke Skywalker. He's basically what Skywalker would have been if Vader had managed to turn him at Cloud City, so the whole "secret apprentice" thing isn't really in violation of any character rules.

As for the unleashed idea, it wouldn't be unheard of.... especially considering the kind of experimenting and torture Vader performed on him. He's basically turned into a "Force wrecking ball"

Edit: Oh, and in case you're wondering, the developers worked closely with George Lucas on this, so Vader's pretty much true to character.

Ru,
I'm with you. Let's see the Clone Wars movie flop... The series was bad enough.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:23 pm

Wasn't wondering about a LucasArts connection. I already knew they worked closely with Lucas on it. (Kotaku is your friend :p), and in the end I simply disagree. It -is- a violation of Vader's inherent nature in my eyes. The 'secret apprentice' idea is thrown around way too much in the EU. I've yet to see it done well, or in a way that doesn't violate Vader's nature.

But, before we start spitting bile at each other, I am just making my opinion known, hardly any real bearing behind my words. :p
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Oh, I agree with you there. It is thrown around far too much in the EU, but how many EU writers have worked this closely with the creator? I've seen quite a bit I haven't liked in the EU... stuff that just doesn't seem to jive with Star Wars itself (like the idea of being able to "kill" the Force, as seen in KOTOR II), but you take what you can get...

Just try renting this when it comes out. Judge it then. Wink

And no, I know you're not trying to be argumentative, but this IS here for friendly discussion. Smile
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 9:39 pm

Ah, ok then. heh

As I said a few posts ago, the game -does- look interesting, I'm just a bit annoyed at some of the ideas is all. That, and I'm mad that the 360 (The system that I have) does not have the 'historical' battle mode that the PSP version has. I did plan on trying it eventually. I tend to give most Star Wars games at least a once through.

EU is such a mixed bag. There are things in it that are interesting and suit the setting well, then there are those things that make no sense, or annoy the crap out of you. I honestly take no issue with the 'death of the force' in KotoR II because, I don't think it can be done. Kreia was, honestly pretty crazy, even if her madness was subtle. That said, there are places in Star Wars where the force has no power, so maybe there is a basis for her plans... Either way, I think the death of the Force would essentially be the death of all things. (Really just conjecture, but thats how I looked at it)

In other news, I've had Soul Calibur IV on preorder for months, and will be picking it up on Tuesday. The 'secret apprentice' is one of the guest characters in the game, along with Yoda on the 360 and Vader on the PS3 (I wish it were Vader on the 360... though I'm willing to bet that they'll be downloadable cross-console eventually).

Edit: Decided I should link a trailer for SC IV, with the apprentice in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_0QylUOeA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)   Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Is ANYONE else looking forward to this? (Game trailer!)
Page 1 of 1