The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) Empty
PostSubject: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 pm

((Just a quick note, as with Storm Raven I don't want anybody seeing Sage Ghost leave or the events leading up to her passing away. I want her found later on..likely in the morning. Also, it's time for a season change. Winter is upon TBMS.

NOTE: If you've read this already, feel free to read again as I edited it with more detail. I was in a hurry when I first posted it. In fact I encourage it as it has some information that would need to be known about souls fighting each other for the upcoming Spirit Battle Plot.))

It was the middle of the night and the lands were bathed in the bone white light of the full moon. The glow was intensified further as the ground was covered in a fresh layer of soft snow. Snowflakes, each as different as the last, fluttered towards the stark white ground in a silent dance. There was no wind, the dark was intensely silent and still aside from the falling snow. Hours passed in this manner, but when the moon was almost at its highest point, something within The Black Mountain Pack territory stirred. The grizzled, scarred up head lifted and the ears..one bitten from long ago..perked as if she heard something. The nearly sightless eyes, one fully blind from long ago and the other with somewhat blurred vision, stared out of the den she was curled up in. Her gaze moved to the form that slept just inside her den...a brown, grey, and black splotched figure. The scent triggered something somewhere deep in her soul and a name echoed. Flame Tip. Her ears flicked, again as if she'd heard something, and she slowly got up. Her bones were stiff, and they ached, but she hardly paid any mind as she was focused on something. Her steps were surprisingly silent as she slipped past the figure that was Hailstorm, somehow without disturbing her, and waded out into the almost ankle deep snow as if she knew where she was going. The old retired Alpha walked slowly but diligently through the land, weaving around trees and fallen logs..bones too weak to leap them..until she was at the edge of a clearing. In the very center of the clearing was a single standing pine tree. Far in the distance she could swore there was a darker splotch on the horizon, and something in her chest tightened sorrowfully. Why?

Are you ready, Sage Ghost?

Sage Ghost's head whipped around, fur standing on end as her eyes alighted on the clearest sight since she'd lost the vision in her fully blind eye so long ago. There stood a pure white wolf, glowing in fact, and sitting atop his otherworldly head was a set of majestic whitetail antlers. Her breath was taken away as she realized who'd spoken to her..who this was.

"Pulse Wolf..." her voice was so scratchy and gravelly. When did it become so?

Your time has come to an end, Sage Ghost. I've come to take you to The Mountain in the Sky.

Sage Ghost knew, understood, and it was as if her disease had never come upon her. Things were so clear now! She remembered everything, and for once since her puphood her eyes filled with tears that flowed freely down her face. Tears of joy, of relief. She took a step towards Pulse Wolf and suddenly her world went black, but only for a few quick seconds. When her eyes cleared again there stood a most terrifying sight. Pulse Wolf's lips curled in a silent snarl towards the apparition and Sage Ghost's heart clenched when she recognized the figure. The rotting flesh, the dull black raven feathers that coated the wolf's body..the fearsome teeth that dripped blood and the wicked talons that ended each toe. It was none other than Chaos Wolf. Sage Ghost shuddered and slunk backwards. Her old legs were weakening from the long walk and the cold and so she lowered herself to the ground.

Chaos Wolf, what are you doing here?

The black feathered creature laughed, and the sound was that of gurgling blood bubbling forth from a dying throat.

I've come to collect my soul.

Pulse Wolf's lips peeled back farther as he snapped in Chaos Wolf's direction.

She is not yours! She has been chosen by Black Wolf!

Chaos wolf returned the snarl, I claimed her in the womb, she is mine!

Do you forget, fool? I fought you for this soul at that time! You did not fully taint her, she belongs in The Mountain in the Sky.

She is tainted nonetheless, she committed murder. She belongs to me!

Pulse Wolf's hackles rose and he lunged for Chaos Wolf. The two were instantly locked together in a battle for Sage Ghost's soul. The sounds coming from Chaos Wolf sent Sage Ghost to quivering in fear. She was terrified for her soul, but she could do nothing! The battle raged, so loud in the old Alpha's ears but silent and nonexistent to the rest of the world around her. This was for her eyes and ears only, and she'd almost forgotten that as a rabbit hopped lazily directly through the middle of the battle. Passed through without notice at all, for it did not exist to the creature.
Pulse Wolf rarely made a sound as they fought. At one point he'd come close to spearing Chaos Wolf in the stomach area with his antlers, but the evil creature leapt out of harms way with a grace only gifted to body-freed souls. Though the fight seemed vicious and blood was spilled, no howls of pain were uttered. In the afterlife, when battles take place, the soul acts as it would in mortal life minus the intense pain. Pain was replaced with a painless awareness of injury and a bad enough injury only ultimately resulted in temporary 'death' to the soul in which the effect is mirrored to what it would be in mortal life. The only difference is that over a short amount of time, length of time depending on the injury, the wounds would heal and the soul would rise again unharmed. All injuries, however, react the same as they did in mortal life. A broken limb, even without pain, is useless as it cannot bear weight, a broken back resulted in paralyzing and 'death' and too many or too severe flesh wounds would bleed out and result in weakening and 'death'.

The battle seemed to take hours, though in reality it was only seconds before Pulse Wolf had Chaos Wolf thrown against the pine tree with his large antlers. The black feathered Spirit fell to the ground, eyes fluttering shut for a moment. Pulse Wolf whirled to Sage Ghost, It is time, now! He raced to Sage Ghost, whose body was now an empty hull. There stood her soul...a younger Sage Ghost in her prime but with no scars and two seeing eyes. Eyes which were focused on the out cold Chaos Wolf...who was stirring.
He's awakening! She said worriedly.

That is why we must leave now. Come! Pulse Wolf leapt towards the heavens, Sage Ghost on his heels, and at that moment Chaos Wolf awoke with a furious snarl.

NO! SHE'S MINE! He dove upwards towards the retreating two, but when his gnarly claws were mere inches from Sage Ghost's hind paws the duo disappeared in a blinding flash of light.

NOOOO!

Below lay the cooling body of the passed Sage Ghost, slowly becoming coated by the falling snow.

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) Giving_up_the_ghost_by_meoquanee_xx-d36u400

Last edited by Meoquanee on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 pm

((Meo, I was actually hoping to have a bit of a scene with her before she died, with Corona. Is that still possible? Basically Deepening Shadows' soul takes over for a short time and goes to see her off))
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:40 am

((I'm sure we can work something like that out :3 PM me your idea for what you had in mind and maybe we can make some 'Earlier that Day' posts or something, so I don't have to shuffle my first post around...'cause I like the mysterious feel of it x3))
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:45 pm

"Sage Ghost... Rest in peace alpha. You deserve it."

Corona stood with Hailstorm as Stone Fur made is final diagnosis, watching as the healer made every effort to revive the alpha, or at least ensure that she was peacefully gone.

Stone Fur had been only a pup when he'd met Sage Ghost. She'd taken him in and given him a home. She was responsible for his meeting Fire Wind and Broken Light, his adoptive parents, and in many ways, she had been like a mother to him as well. Stone Fur felt certain the old alpha had gone peacefully, but that made it little easier to bear. He leaned down, brushing his nose against her cheek. Slowly he stood back up and made his way toward the alphas.

"It's done," he said, "She is gone, but I dare not moye her on my own... We should hold virgil for her here, and then move her once the snowfall stops. I... only wish I knew exactly what happened. She went through so much during her lifetime... much that even Fire Wind would not tell. When he passed on the legends to Dusk Owl, I think he told her, but... he also swore her to secrecy.

Corona shook his head. "It's strange," he admitted, "But somehow... I think she went home... I feel Deepening Shadows inside me still but he's... at peace. I think now, finally, he's ready to move on too... we can finally live our life as one."

Ah... if only Corona knew, but that memory was buried deep... deep inside his soul, where his mind would never reach. It was a special moment he would only remember when he returned home to the Mountain in the Sky...

----------

He had been restless that night. With the newfalling snow, and Silver River resting beside him, as she had every night since that terrible storm, he should have felt at peace, but he didn't. In his sleep, he stirred restlessly, his dreams filled with visions of his past life, of chaos and order, joy and hate... and love... He saw Sage Ghost's face, the face of her younger, stronger self... but it was fading. His eyes flashed open as he suddenly realized what was happening.

Corona dashed out into the snow, eyes still half-lidded over with sleep as he rushed to the den where Sage Ghost lay... Somewhere in the back of his mind he could feel it. Deepening Shadows was pushing to the forefront again, as though two souls competed for the mind of the same body... By the time he reached the den, Corona was gone.

"Sage Ghost... Sage Ghost... Wake up." The voice that emerged wasn't that of the beta, but the strong, deep voice of Sage Ghost's former mate... Deepening Shadows. He strode close to her and leaned down, briefly letting his tongue rasp over her cheek. "Sage Ghost, we have little time... You know as well as I do Pulse Wolf is on his way here to retrieve you... We should speak before he arrives."
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 am

Hailstorm stood stoically as Stone Fur meddled with the carcass of Sage Ghost, though her mouth was pressed into what seemed to be a too-hard line and her eyes tight as she gazed at the frozen form of her grandmother. The moment she'd realized that Sage Ghost was gone...just before dawn broke...she'd fetched all nearby pack members for a search party. By then Sage Ghost's tracks had been covered by the falling and drifting snow, so tracking her by sight was impossible and the snow had made her scent trail weak at best. She'd found the old retired female some time later, frozen stiff, at the edge of the packland's graveyard. When the healer spoke of moving her, Hailstorm shook her head. The old female had always been an oversized she wolf, towering over average wolves, and now she was frozen solid and the stars knew that dead weight was far heavier than 'live' weight. It would be too much trouble when she was already here.
"No." her voice was soft, but stern,"We will bury her here, there is no use in moving her when she's already where she needs to be." Though she indeed thought her grandmother deserved a more scenic view within the graveyard, she also did not think it wise to risk one of the wolves pulling a muscle or twisting an ankle or anything of that sort. The pack needed every wolf to be able bodied to get through the winter. "Let's call for the rest of the pack and wait until they gather before burying her. We'll likely need to take turns digging due to the frozen ground." with those words said Hailstorm lifted her head and parted her jaws to let forth a slow, low mournful howl..calling the pack to the resting place of the deceased Sage Ghost.

Sage Ghost... Sage Ghost... Wake up."

That voice...
Sage Ghost's eyes moved beneath their lids, which then fluttered, and finally opened. Her gaze flicked up to see an all to familiar face and her heart swelled with love. There stood her dear, her mate, Deepening Shadows! As his tongue dragged across her furry cheek, the sound came to her ears and solidified that his words were true. Yes, she knew..that deep beating thrum in the distance. It was almost inaudible, in fact. It indeed was the sound of Pulse Wolf. Sage Ghost lifted her head and the voice that came forth was not the gravelly, raspy voice of her elder self but rather that of her prime years.
"Deepening Shadows...you've returned." her brow furrowed, however, in what was clearly confusion,"You died." her words were so soft she wasn't sure if he'd have heard her or not. But it didn't matter, because here he was in front of her. "Deepening Shadows...." She glanced past him for a mere moment, taking note of the snoozing Hailstorm whom she knew only as Flame Tip, and gasped lightly. Her granddaughter was grown. What had happened to everything?
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 am

Corona nodded his head. "I'll take the first shift, and have the soldiers follow after. I had thought you might wish to take the last few pawfuls yourself." He looked at Hailstorm. He couldn't imagine what she was going through right now... to have lost her grandmother, the only family she had known... "Are you going to be okay Hailstorm?"

----------------------

Deepening Shadows watched as Sage Ghost opened her eyes. He smiled, and for that brief moment the two beheld one another. To his eyes, she wasn't old or grizzled. She was the beautiful, strong she-wolf who had asked him to help her lead the pack... It had been strictly a good decision then, for the benefit of the pack, but somehow the two had managed to find love in one another's embrace. They'd had a family together, and the look he'd seen in her eyes as he lay dying broke his heart. Now, it was his turn to watch her leave this world.

"Yes, I died," he said softly, "but Black Wolf sent me back..." For a brief moment, the appearance of his spirit would fade, replaced by Corona's body, but soon enough Sage Ghost was looking at Deepening Shadows again. "I'm surprised Ebon Star never told you... listen my love.... Time is short. Your journey won't be easy... You must feel it. Pulse wolf is not the only one after your soul. You will have to be strong in order to evade Chaos... but I want you to know you don't have to worry about our pack... Hailstorm.. Flame tip is a strong young she-wolf... She has your spirit, Sage Ghost, your love for your pack... And there is already another who will soon come alongside her as more trials overtake the pack.. I will remain here and watch over them through Corona's eyes. But you... you deserve rest."
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 am

Hailstorm nodded to Corona, and at his question she lifted her chin slightly higher..but it drooped again. "I'll be fine, Corona." she sighed as she continued to look down at Sage Ghost,"It's a relief, in a way. She's no longer suffering, and I can now lead the pack without having to juggle caring for her as well." but there was still pain in her heart, pain that would heal but for now was a very fresh and bleeding wound. The wind began to pick up, buffeting her winter thick fur gently and bringing with it the scents of the coming pack. Again she thought of the talk she'd had with Summit Shadow those months before . She never stopped thinking about it, it had been an important conversation though it had not seemed so at the time. She needed a mate, someone to help her lead the pack and most importantly to her someone to love and have a family with. Corona...she stole a glance his way. They were puphood friends but something within her did tug at her soul when she looked at him..spoke to him. Perhaps. She'd speak to him later about it.

Sage Ghost listened intently, drowning in the deep voice of her mate, almost not hearing the words as she let herself soak up the male's presence. How she missed him so! At his mentioning of her granddaughter, Sage Ghost looked over to her sleeping form. She was so much smaller than herself, even slightly smaller than average, yet she was the Alpha now. There must be a fire within her for a smaller bodied she wolf to take over the pack.
"I understand..." she whispered, turning her head to face Deepening Shadows again. Yet her heart ached. She wanted to be with him in The Mountain in the Sky and now here she was getting ready to go, and he was back here again. Still they would be separated for more time. She knew though...Black Wolf had done this for a reason. Her voice cracked as she spoke to Deepening Shadows,"I will wait for you at the base of The Mountain in the Sky, my love."
Back to top Go down
Kyuuna Zaraki
Pale Wolf of the Apocalypse
Kyuuna Zaraki

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 am

MoonScar's ears prick catching Hailstorm's mournful howl on the wind and she begins loping toward the sound, a look of worry on her features. Granted she had only been with Black Mountain Pack for a short time but she hoped she could help her Alpha Hailstorm get through this rough patch. MoonScar STILL felt she should have tried harder to find Sage Ghost with the others but she knew Hailstorm didn't blame them for not finding the elderly she-wolf. Instead of wallowing in guilt over not finding Sage Ghost the young She-wolf resolutely readies herself for the likely saddening scene she was going to reach.

As she lopes into view MoonScar can't help a minor wince at seeing Sage Ghost frozen stiff and unmoving. But she swallows slightly and bows her head as she stops loping "I'm sorry for your loss Alphess Hailstorm".

(>.< gah sorry this was so short...)
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:15 am

Corona slowly nodded. "She will always be grateful for what you did, Hailstorm. She can see you clearly now, I'm sure. She can see all you've done already." He looked down a moment and then leaned close, offering her a brief nuzzle. At times like this, Corona was more than willing to forgo the formalities of rank. Hailstorm was his oldest friend, and right now, she needed comfort. "I'm sure we'd all understand if you want time for yourself for awhile."

-----------------------------

Deepening Shadows could tell Sage Ghost was torn. He moved close, nuzzling her. "I promise, I will come back," he told her, "We are going to be together for the rest of eternity, resting in peace and pleasure for the rest of eternity. All that remains for you to worry about now is to make this final journey. I love you Sage Ghost... I always will." He gazed deep into her eyes for a moment. "Go now," he whispered, "Wait for Pulse Wolf, and go home."
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:33 am

Hailstorm's ears pressed forward at the first faint steps that signaled an approaching wolf. The Silvery fur that glinted in the early morning sun had her believe for a brief moment that it was Silver River, but she quickly realized this was not so. Instead the first to arrive was one of their newest members, Moonscar. She gazed at the she wolf as she approached and spoke her condolences.
"It was her time, she was ready." she said softly as she eased into a sitting position. When Corona spoke, she nodded subtly. There was no doubt that Sage Ghost was looking down upon them at this very moment. At the male's nuzzle, Hailstorm felt her cheeks grow warm but the thick black fur there hid the emotion. [color=white]"No, Corona, I will take my time later tonight. Yes, it hurts, but in a way I was prepared for it. I knew it would happen soon, the way she was going." she paused a moment, eyes still lingering on Sage Ghost's empty shell of a body. Her next words came out a whisper,"However, I do want to talk to you later on, after she's been taken care of." she turned her vivid orange eyes on Corona then, though no certain emotion shone through. Her gaze was as stoic as ever. She did not want to hint at anything yet.

________

Sage Ghost eagerly returned Deepening Shadows' nuzzle, squeezing her eyes closed as he spoke so she could concentrate on only his words, voice, and the feel of his fur on hers once more. "I will, my dear. I love you too, Deepening Shadows." when she reopened her eyes, the image of Deepening Shadows began to flicker. Memories began to come and go in rapid flicks within her mind as if a lightbulb was struggling to retain light. She lowered her head, though her eyes remained locked on the wolf before her. Her lids began to grow heavy, and before she knew it she was again fast asleep.
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:53 am

The white and brown, curled form of Solstice slept soundly until the faint call on the winder of her alpha Hailstorm. Twitching her ears she stood and shook her fur, dislodging the flakes of snow that had built up on her pelt. Something dreadful must have happened. She thought as she raced towards the Graveyard.

She came to a halt as she neared where Alpha Hailstorm, Corona and Moonscar where standing. She could see that there lay the body of Sage Ghost. Closing her eyes for a brief momment, she processed what had happened then she began to pad forward. Her head was lowered and her ears were tilted back as she neared the Alpha. "I am sorry for you loss, Alpha Hailstorm, both for yourself and for that of the whole pack." Solstice quietly barked her head still lowered.
Back to top Go down
Kyuuna Zaraki
Kyuuna Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:02 am

MoonScar nods in understanding though her ears were still down in sadness "I'm just sorry I never got to know her as well as the rest of you...". The silver she-wolf settles herself as Solstice approached and dips her head in greeting to the other She-wolf "like Alphess Hailstorm said to me Solstice it was Sage Ghost's time; she was ready to leave us". She whimpers slightly "even if it leaves a painful hole in the pack...". Moonscar falls silent waiting for the rest of the pack to show up; knowing Hailstorm would want the pack's help in burying Sage Ghost's body.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 am

The next to arrive was Wind Feather, the pack's Spiritual, and tagging along at her heels was her young daughter WindFall whom was in training as a Healer. As she approached she caught MoonScar's words, saying she was sorry for not getting to know Sage Ghost. The white and orange pelted she wolf sniffed lightly as she cast a glance down at the oversized post-Alpha.
"Don't be sorry. For many, knowing Sage Ghost was not a blessing...and she never opened up to anyone but one wolf in her entire life anyways." She was speaking, of course, of the long dead Elder Firewind for which the swamp in their territory was named after but she did not know whether or not MoonScar had been told of him yet. Wind Feather stood next to MoonScar and offered her a forced smile. She was still groggy, and the pup at her paws whom tried to hide from the silver stranger wobbled even more from sleepiness. Now to see that the reason she'd been summoned was..this..her mood did not improve any. Though she'd always done her darndest to avoid Sage Ghost and the old female's wrath when she was in charge the fact still remained that Wind Feather had known her her whole life. The white female's father, White Ash, Sage Ghost's Beta whom had died in the war, was Sage Ghost's best friend just after Firewind and Deepening Shadows. WindFall leaned against her mother's leg and her jaws opened in a wide yawn which ended in a soft squeak. WindFall nuzzled into Wind Feather's leg and gazed at Sage Ghost, brows furrowing some. Though she was so young, the sight of death did not bother her. Some time ago her mother had explained what death was, after Storm Raven had died of old age.
It just looks like she's sleeping WindFall thought to herself as she yawned again.

Soon after Wind Feather's appearance, MudSpider trotted into the Graveyard. A brawny and handsome featured Packmember whose pelt colors were dirty washed out browns and creams that in a way only made him look better. He dipped his head in greeting to Hailstorm and went to where Wind Feather, MoonScar, and Solstice were gathered. He stood there silently, staring down at the stiff carcass of Sage Ghost. So, it finally happened. He sighed lightly as he sat his bottom on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Kyuuna Zaraki
Kyuuna Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

MoonScar was a bit confused as to why Wind Feather seemed to dislike Sage Ghost but she nods in agreement and loosens up some as she stops feeling so badly about not having tried to get to know Sage Ghost. Though when she sits up she spots Windfall trying to hide from her it seemed "hello little one; why are you trying to hide from me?". Unfortunately MoonScar didn't know of the Elder Firewind and looks up at Wind Feather curiously "I'm sorry but I'm not entirely familiar with the names of every wolf in this pack who may or may not have died; but who was the only wolf that Sage Ghost had opened up to?".

Though when MudSpider showed up MoonScar seemed to be attempting to shrink into non-existence as her pale fur seemed to fuzz out in a blush. She had only ever seen MudSpider on occasion but each time she was rendered into a fumble-pawed tongue-tied pup when she tried to speak to him. Now that he was sitting near her she was trying her best to either ignore him or disappear considering she doesn't want to look foolish during this somber time.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:43 pm

-Silver River-
The elite hunter made her way slowly towards the group, turning her head every so often to make sure that Bledri; the little brown and red pup that she'd found near the borders was keeping up. She would ask nothing of Hailstorm this day; all things considered.

"Now Bledri, remember to be respectful; like you were when you met me."

Silver River turned her head from Bledri to the wolves already gathered to bow her head in respect to the alphas, both current and deceased. Her ears lowered, she spoke.

"My condolences to you, Alpha Hailstorm. She was a great alpha and will always be remembered as such."

What Silver River had told Bledri not too long ago had been true, Hailstorm and Silver River were not exactly the two wolves you wanted to leave by themselves. Hailstorm made Silver River twitchy and even nervous. Silver River seemed to agitate Hailstorm half of the time for reasons unknown to her.

-Black Stag and Corvus-
The large grey and black soldier made his way towards the gathering as others did. His calm blue eyes glanced at Silver River and Bledri for a moment before he bowed his head to Hailstorm as well. Black Stag said nothing, taking a seat not too far away as Corvus followed in. His white ears swiveled to and fro as he listened to snippets of conversation here and there.

Black Stag could be an intimidating wolf to those who didn't know him and his soft heart. He was overall a large wolf; much like his brother Summit Shadow. Continuing to shift his calm blue eyes over those gathered, he nodded lightly to Moonscar.

Corvus look to Sage Ghost's cool body, his molten orange eyes swimming with recognition and memories. He remembered Sage Ghost, both in her role as an alpha and as an elder. It was a striking difference in the memories of the two instances. The bird-marked wolf turned to Hailstorm, his mismatched ears laying flat. "I am sorry, Alpha Hailstorm."

The black and white wolf was a strange appearing one indeed. The markings on his face and body appeared much like birds if anything. Corvus was a smaller wolf with a lean muscle build though not to say he wasn't handsome in his own regard. The elite soldier/hunter took a spot, sitting down before scratching behind his white ear...

-Rowan, Sparrow, and Amaranth-
Sparrow was the next to come to the gathering. As much a speed demon as ever, her grey and black paws were flying over the snow while her green eyes took note of the situation that Hailstorm had called them for. Unlike many other times that the pack had been called; Sparrow slowed down a decent way from the gathering and finished the rest of the way in a trot. She nodded to Hailstorm but didn't speak. Words were not needed. Heading in the direction of MudSpider, she nudged the much larger wolf lightly with her smaller shoulder...

Rowan was following behind Sparrow in a relaxed trot. Not that he didn't care for the situation or for Sparrow, but as an older brother; he knew the trouble that she could and would get into. The scars that crossed his right eye and part of his face were testament to that. His deep red eyes watched the gathering quietly as he sat down near where his father Stone Fur was.

Amaranth was the next to make her way to the gathering. She hadn't been feeling too well as of late, perhaps a bit of the wrong plant or something in her food. Nevertheless, the elder came forward; nodding to Hailstorm before she looked to Sage Ghost a moment. There was no warm smile upon Amaranth's muzzle as she went to Stone Fur, licking his muzzle in greeting. She knew Stone Fur would take this hard; he'd known Sage Ghost for so long...

-Twilight and Whispering Owl-
Twilight had been very scarce as of the while. For a long time in fact. She did her duties everyday; yes but she didn't really socialize much with the pack. She was a smaller wolfess than he mother and father had been; but she was a fierce wolf by nature. Her dark blue eyes were a striking sight, with the small ring of lighter blue near her pupils. The flame tipped tail she was well known for swished to and fro as she took a seat on the edge of the gathering, paying her respects from afar.

Whispering Owl approached from the opposite direction as Twilight had. Unlike his cousin, Whispering Owl had inherited his father's size and much of his appearance. He stood not too far from Hailstorm, where he just looked at her but for a moment didn't say anything.

"I am sorry for your loss, Alpha Hailstorm."

The delta looked at his alpha only a moment before he took a seat, his blue eyes scanning over the scene. Sage Ghost had indeed been a great alpha, and tales would be told of her accomplishments in the generations to come; Whispering Owl was sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Solstice nodded, her ears still pinned back in sadness as she gazed at the body of Sage Ghost. Turning away, Solstice went to stand next to MudSpider. Solstice had always been wary of dead bodies even though she believes in the religion of the pack she still couldn't help her wryness of the dead.

Even though she knew it was a time for mourning started to get antsy she wanted to talk so she turned her head to MudSpider. "What are some of your memories of Sage Ghost?" Solstice quietly barked, her odd blue eyes looking intently at the male wolf, a smile slightly showed upon her muzzle.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bledri kept as close to Silver River as possible but he made sure to not get under her paws. His amber gaze was slightly scared as he took in all of the other wolves and he also spotted the body of a fallen packmate. He kept his ears drawn back and his tail was tucked and curled under body as he followed Silver River's advice. "This pack is big." He whimpered looking up at the she-wolf.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm

-Silver River-
"This pack is big."

Silver River looked down to Bledri, smiling lightly. "We are a large pack Bledri. But it also means we are better able to help one another. They won't hurt you, not to worry." She spoke quietly, running her tongue over Bledri's head once again in a comforting gesture as she looked to Sage Ghost's body once again.

"That was our elder Sage Ghost. She was Alpha Hailstorm's grandmother. As much as I remember of her, and the stories that were passed down to us as children; she was a great leader. The pack has lost a great wolf today, Bledri."

-Corvus-
Being the ever-curious wolf he was; Corvus wanted to know who Silver River was speaking to. It was not a pup that he'd ever seen before. Slowly approaching his adopted sister and Bledri, Corvus smiled lightly at Silver, though the smile didn't reach his eyes like it normally would've. He laid on the ground, looking at Bledri with his bright orange eyes.

"Well hello there. I'm Corvus. Who are you?"

Silver could not help but shake her head at Corvus. He looked every bit a pup as he sometimes was. His tail swished back and forth while a great smile stretched across his muzzle...

-Sparrow-
The black and grey wolfess looked from Moonscar to Solstice, the look on her face a strange one indeed. She hadn't met either of them personally, but they both seemed pretty friendly with MudSpider. For what reasons she wondered though she couldn't quite bring herself to care.

Standing, the petite wolfess made her way to her older brother Rowan, who was still sitting near Stone Fur and Amaranth. Rowan chuckled when Sparrow came to sit next to him. "Boy problems, Sparrow?" A question which she promptly smacked him with her tail for, muttering under her breath. "Oh shut up Rowan."
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Its sad that they had lost someone that was so important to them. Bledri thought as Silver River told him what had happened.

Still keeping a respectful position, he looked at Corvus. "I am Bledri." The little pup barked. His tail uncurled from underneath himself, without him noticing, and began to gently wag back and forth.

~~~~~~~~~~

Solstice twitched her ear and look curiously at where Corvus was talking to a little pup. She was curious but she didn't dare approach in case it would not be right to interfere.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:48 pm

"I am Bledri."

Corvus smiled broadly as Bledri relaxed watched the wagging tail, his orange eyes shining.

"Well it's nice to meet you Bledri. How'd you come to meet my sister there? Surely she wasn't hunting you, was she?"

The wolf continued to smile, chuckling lightly at his own joke as Silver River smiled and glared at her adopted brother, shaking her head at his lack of decorum for the situation. Although, Bledri had been so nervous she couldn't entirely blame Corvus for acting the clown for the pup. Corvus was surprisingly good with pups; Silver River had found through the years growing up with him. Whether that was a trait he had as Corvus or from Night Owl she couldn't be sure, but she did indeed hope that he would someday have a family; Corvus would make a good father.

Corvus on the other hand was still smiling at Bledri before her tossed some snow on the little pup, obviously trying to encourage a little play from the scared little thing.

Hailstorm or Corona would probably have his hide for trying to cheer Bledri up, but Corvus didn't seem to acknowledge that fact. He knew how it felt being surrounded by wolves he didn't know. It was what had happened when he'd first come to Black Mountain and Storm Raven had taken him in. Corvus had been so nervous he nearly ran away from the scene if it hadn't been for Rising Moon; now Black Stag, keeping him there as an older brother did...
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:01 pm

"I got separated from mother when we were ambushed by a pack of coyotes. I, then, was found by Silver River after I traveled for a few days." Bledri barked before he was hit with the snow. Quickly he whacked some snow back and then leaped at Corvus's head and nibbled on his ear in a playful way. It had been a long time since he had someone to play with. He had been the only pup in his litter to survive the first few months and his mom had been very busy trying to find enough food to feed him.

Last edited by Zandalen on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 pm

{(Kyuuna, if I can make one personal request? Please don't use that blue font color, as it's extremely difficult to see against our current background. Thanks. Smile ))

From behind Corona's eyes, Deepening Shadows watched as Sage Ghost lay down to begin her journey. It was a little heart-breaking, knowing he'd not see her again as long as he lived, but the though that she waited for him in the Mountain in the Sky... now that was a comfortig one indeed. Slowly he turned and left the den, heading back toward Coroa's home. "Now at last," he whispered, "It is time for me to live as Black Wolf intended... as Corona."

------------

Corona watched as everyone began to gather, from the young Spiritual, to the newest pack members, to the eldest pack members: Amaranth and Dusk Owl. Soon enough Silver River ad Bledri approached with their condolances. Corona had been reluctant to take on a new pack member with winter setting in, but Silver River had been insistent, and the beta was quickly learning not to argue with her. Still, as long as the pup minded himself, there was no reason he shouldn't attend the gathering.

In the meantime, Dusk Owl sat down beside Sage Ghost ad stared down at her. What was going through the old legend holder's mind was hard to tell. All the stories of Sage Ghost she knew well, her perfect memory retaining every detail as though she had witnessed it herself. She of all the wolves here had a picture of the true Sage Ghost. She alone knew of the trials the old alpha had undergone as a young wolf. Fire Wind had told her everything, with the instruction that she not reveal it to any but the next Legend, and so on. Sage Ghost was a great alpha, and should indeed be remembered that way. Slowly she stood up and moved to the edge of the gathering, preferring not to be in the middle of things. She hoped Silver Leaf would arrive soon. It would be good to have someone to lean on.

Summit Shadow, duty-bound as always was next to arrive. The son of Cold Mountain and Storm Raven, Silver River's elder brother was fairly neutral when it came to Sage Ghost. He knew as much of her as anyone else in the pack, but the wolf was ever unemotional. He simply sat down beside Hailstorm, feeling perhaps that she should have someone stable as she was next to her. While Corona moved off to meet the rest of the pack, Summit Shadow glanced at the alpha. "I will not say I am sorry," he said, "I know you already have more than enough condolences coming from everyone else, but if you need someone to talk to about all this, know I will be here."

Back to top Go down
Kyuuna Zaraki
Kyuuna Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:59 pm

(sorry thought Indigo was different enough from green fer you guys to see)

Moonscar reacted politely to each acknowledgement of her presence as she waits for the Alpha's orders on what the pack was going to do. If it wasn't such a serious point in time she might have loosened up and started chatting with Solstice; but after her questions toward Wind Feather and Windfall this normally chatty She-wolf had fallen silent. Though she did sort of 'eye smile' toward Solstice to show she wasn't ignoring the other wolf out of irritation.

Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 am

((I think I see a friendship forming, lol))

bic//

Solstice nodded as she casted a glance at Moonscar. She too would have liked to talk to her friend but because she was younger and was still considered new to the pack Solstice remained silent. She did glance at Rowan and Sparrow and upon seeing the hurt in Sparrow's eyes she thought she might have offended the she-wolf when she had been really friendly towards MudSpider. I will have to talk to her later to apologize. Solstice thought before she turned her gaze away from the siblings and up towards the dawn sky.
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am

A white, dark gray and red brown wolf trotted up to where the pack had gathered. He was one of the last few to arrive. His ears were pricked forwards and his body was relaxed as he arrive but as he got closer his body language changed, his ears swiveled back and his head lowered. His tail fell down and was slightly curled. I wonder what happened for Alpha Hailstorm to call everyone together? Dusted Leaf thought until he got even closer. What was slightly hidden in the snow was what Dusted Leaf recognized as the body of Sage Ghost. He knew that even though he did not know the Elder retired Alpha well, that this would be a great lost to his adoptive pack.
"Alpha Hailstorm, I am sorry for your loss." Was all that Dusted Leaf could reply. His tone was polite and respectful as he was raised to talk when speaking to a higher ranked member if the pack. Backing away he knew that he would not get a reply back, Dusted Leaf went to go and sit with the other younger and newer members of the pack.

ooc//I hope you don't mind my double post. I will combine my two posts if that is what you would like.^^
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:02 am

"I got separated from mother when we were ambushed by a pack of coyotes. I, then, was found by Silver River after I traveled for a few days."

Corvus smiled lightly and laughed softly as Bledri returned the snow and started nibbling on his ear. The wolf moved his bi-colored ears back and forth in different directions before he leaned his head forward to knock the pup off of his head and back into the snow. He pinned Bledri with one of his paws while he scooped more snow on top of the pup, a devilish grin on his face.

Silver River smiled and shook her head at Corvus. He was having too much fun piling that snow on top of Bledri. Though she didn't say anything against it, it made her smile. She was glad that Corona had finally relented to her insistence that Bledri stay in the pack. He wouldn't have made it very long on his own in the harsh winter. Silver River would've felt guilty for sending him away; he was such a respectful pup and he had potential, she thought.

The huntress laid down in the snow, resting her worn legs. They had all been out looking for Sage Ghost that morning, though it had of course been too late by the time they had found her. Many of the wolves felt that they should've been able to do more but the snow had inhibited them from doing so. Scents were difficult to pick up in snow and trails were difficult to track when covered by the snow as well.

She sighed, laying her head on her paws as she watched Corvus continue to play with Bledri and moment before she turned to look at Sage Ghost's body again.

For all my tracking and hunting skills, they still failed me when I needed them the most. Silver River thought to herself. An elite hunter who couldn't find one of the most respected and important members of the pack? The huntress felt as though she had failed Hailstorm somehow...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next