The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Legend tells of a time when a great darkness overtook the land of Hyrule. A man from the desert, cloaked in black and with evil eyes, sought to obtain the essence of the gods, the golden power known as the "Triforce."

In his search for a way to enter the sacred realm in which the Triforce was contained, he brought chaos to Hyrule. He put a curse on the Great Deku Tree of the Kokiri forest, causing the death of the forest's guardian spirit. He revived the reptilian dodongos in their cavern on Death Mountain and sealed the entrance in an attempt to strave the Goron population. He caused a parasite to enter into the great aquatic guardian and Zora diety known as Jabu Jabu.

In this time of chaos there arose a boy, dressed in green, to challenge the might of the man. He broke each of these curses and obtained three spiritual stones, the stones for which the man had been hunting. With these stones he entered the Temple of Time and took the blade of evil's bane from its pedestal, but he had been tricked.

The "Master Sword" was the final key sealing the sacred realm, and as the boy removed it from its pedestal, the evil man followed him and entered into the sacred realm. He touched the Triforce, but because his heart was unbalanced, only one part of that golden power, the triangle which represented power, was granted to him. The other two were scattered. One went to the boy, for his altruistic nature and steadfast heart made him a perfect candidate to bear the Triforce of Courage. The other went to Hyrule's princess, Zelda. Her pure heart and mind enabled her to carry the Triforce of Wisdom.

The boy in green grew quickly, and seven years later awoke to once again challenge the now increased power of the evil man, Ganondorf... Through many dangers he brought together seven great sages and through their power, and the power of the triforce of Courage and Triforce of Wisdom, was able to seal Ganondorf in the evil realm. But the Triforce of Power remained in the evil one's hand, and he vowed he would one day return...

The boy in green, triforce of Courage in hand, was sent back to his own time, for it seemed Ganondorf would trouble Hyrule no more... But those who hoped so were wrong.

Some creatures remained loyal to Ganondorf, and they resolved to find a way to break the seal. In order to do this, they would capture as many of the sages as they could, and take them from Hyrule, so when the time came, the sages would not be able to fulfill their duties. One by one they dissapeared: Princess Ruto of the Zoras, the thief Nabooru, of the Gerudos, Impa, the princess Zelda's bodyguard and the last of the true Shiekah people, and finally, even Saria of the Kokiri vanished without a trace... Only two sages remained to hold the seal in place: King Darunia of the Gorons, and Rauru, sage of light, who dwelled out of the evil ones' reach...

Now the hero of time must awaken once more, to go forth and stop the advancing darkness. But he will not be able to do it alone... For the dangers he will face in the unknown lands outside of Hyrule are unlike anything he has seen before...

It was a beautiful day in the land of Hyrule. The sapphire blue sky was clear and bright, with ought a cloud to blemish its magnificence. The sun had just come up over the horizon a short time ago, warming the fields and forests alike. A gentle breeze whisked across the plains, carring bits of dust and leaves on its currents. The Hyrule Market was as busy as ever, with people buying and selling, yelling and quarreling, dancing and laughing. The Kokiri forest was filled with song of Ocarina and pipe and flute and harp and lyer. Lake Hylia's crystal clear waters rippled gayly, and even the rush of Zora's river had slowed as if even it wished to relax this day.

But these tranquilities were deceiving. Only those who were sensitive to it could detect the encroaching shadow. The boy who lay asleep in his treehouse in the Kokiri Forest was one such person. On his carved wooden bed, the still-sleeping lad tossed and turned. In spite of the warmth drifting in through the window right above him, he shivered as though chills wracked his body.

In his mind's eye, he could see much... Faces... Familiar faces... He recognized the striking green hair and eyes of his friend, Saria. Her face faded from his mind and in its place was that of Impa, the white-haired bodyguard of Princess Zelda. He could not mistake the show-white hair and the stern makeup of her face. Her face faded and another once again replaced it. This one's skin was darker, but there was no mistaking the flaming orange/red hair and the white lipstick... Nabooru, the gerudo. And as this face faded, he found himself looking upon the face of the Zora princess, Ruto.

Suddenly all the faces appeared in his mind's eye again. And all had one thing in common: They were frightened... Deathly frightened. One by one they dissapeared, but a final face appeared before him.. He recognized right away the blond hair and the blue eyes.... "Princess Zelda..." he heard himself whispering.

Zelda's face showed dire concern as she stared at the boy a moment, and he wondered whether she would dissapear as the others had. But to his surprise, she spoke. "Link, there is not much time... Come quickly..." With that, her image began to fade.

Link reached out toward her with his left hand, and to his shock he saw a mark on the back of it. It was a single triangle, made up of three smaller triangles. The lower right one glowed fiercly... Link knew what the mark was... It was the symbol that marked him as the holder of the Triforce of Courage... A mark he had borne since... "The Triforce will guide you..." Link heard Zelda's voice saying...

The boy bolted upright, panting heavily. Sweat dripped down from his sandy-colored brow. He let his eyes scan the room a moment. Everything was the same... The map of hyrule was still in place to the right of his door, and all his pots and table were still in place. His wooden brown Deku shield, emblazoned with the red symbol of the Kokiri emerald, and his hylian shield, emblazoned with the symbol of Hyrule's royal family still sat together by his bed. He checked himself over. He was still wearing his green tunic and his durable brown boots as always, but something was different... His left hand was throbbing. He held it up and cringed as he saw the glowing symbol of the Triforce there.

What was going on? Saria had dissapeared almost a week ago, and since then, things had been getting strange. Link's dreams had become darker, and he found it no longer safe to travel Hyrule field as he normally did... Princess Zelda's face stuck in his mind... He needed to speak with her.

Quickly he leapt to his feet and slung his shields over his shoulders. From the table under his mounted map, he grabbed the fairy ocarina that Saria had given to him and slung it into a pouch at his side. He was about to go outside when he heard a voice calling...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:57 pm

The small wagon bounced and creaked behind her as she guided the sooty bay horse over the bridge leading into Kokiri forest. There was no mistaking Nyx in Kokiri Forest, given she looked entirely different from every Kokiri and most Hylians for that matter.

Her black hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail that sat high on her head and vibrant green eyes that were usually alight with a fire. Very much a tomboy, Nyx was the only one of the Lon Lon that would make the time to deliver out to Kokiri Forest. She wore a pair of leggings light brown in color with a pair of darker brown boots and a white tunic with little green details on the sleeves and around the hem. Her other friends always teased her, saying she should wear a dress. Nyx was always around the Lon Lon horses and cows, she insisted that they were crazy for the very idea.

Many of the Kokiri kids were her friends; true enough but she didn't take crap from anybody. She had in fact, smacked Mido only a week before because he'd been a rude little bugger to her.

The horse below Nyx snorted, ears pinned backward as she slowly nudged him forward. Many of the Lon Lon horses had been so wild this past week and no one had been able to figure out why either.

"Easy Oberon. Easy." She shushed the horse, rubbing his neck absentmindedly before she swung her leg off of the horse and all but jumped to the ground.

Having stopped the small cart and Oberon at the very edge of the Kokiri village, a few Kokiri soon swarmed the cart to get their milk supply. Nyx jumped out, letting them at it while she took some herself and began walking down the path that would lead her to Link's house. She chuckled to herself. Link was probably still asleep, the lazy boy.

The small treehouse was almost impossible to miss as Nyx began walking toward the ladder, fully intent on waking Link up now if he wasn't already. Looking around, she reached down and grabbed a couple of small rocks before she yelled up to the boy.

"Link! Hey Link! Milk is here! Come out and get it before I drink it!"

And the bad thing was that Link most likely knew that she would drink it. Nyx loved Lon Lon Milk. More than once, Talon had gotten angry at her for 'drinking' on the job.

Nyx waited a beat before she chucked the small rock at the wooden side of Link's house, pleased when it struck true with a good 'thunk'. Taking aim once more, Nyx fired the second rock away, not expecting the familiar shout that reached her pointed ears when the rock hit something that wasn't the wooden front of Link's house...

Last edited by Zeroki on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Link winced when he realized who was calling him. It figured today would bring the delivery of Lon Lon milk for the village, and Nyx always stopped here first. As far as she knew, Link was just an ordinary Kokiri, dressed in green the same as everyone else. He was simply the only one who dared venture beyond the forest, a brave Kokiri to be sure, but a Kokiri nevertheless. How shocked she'd be if she knew the truth...

He stepped outside, squinting his eyes against the bright sunlight, only to yelp as he felt something smack against his forehead. He felt his forehead. No blood... good... The rock would likely just leave a nice bruise. He stepped toward his rail and looked down. "Hey Nyx!" he called, "Watch where you're throwing those things. Any harder and I'd be spending my life savings in rupees just for a healing potion!"

He turned and slid down the ladder, soon turning around, only to see a very irritated Mido watching the proceedings. The kokiri "leader" didn't like Nyx anymore than he did Link, and with good reason. Still, Link offered a friendly wave. Mido hmmphed and turned away. "First one outsider, and now two," he grumbled, "Pretty soon the forest will be too full for us real Kokiri." Link rolled his eyes and made his way forward.

"Still teases me because I don't have a fairy yet," he explained, "But what brings you here besides the usual mischief, Nyx? I doubt you came all this way just for the pleasure of my company."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 pm

"Hey Nyx!""Watch where you're throwing those things. Any harder and I'd be spending my life savings in rupees just for a healing potion!"

The black haired Hylian laughed, slapping her knee; green eyes shining with mirth. Not that she enjoyed hurting people of course, but she couldn't help but laugh at her friend. As he came down the ladder leaned forward and pecked the red spot on his forehead. "There, a kiss to make it better and to make you stop whining." Nyx chuckled lightly.

Looking at Mido, Nyx's eyes narrowed dangerously as she bent down and picked up a rock, tempted to throw it at the Kokiri leader. She tossed it up and down in her hand, keeping at the ready should Mido prove that he didn't deserve her mercy otherwise.

"Still teases me because I don't have a fairy yet,""But what brings you here besides the usual mischief, Nyx? I doubt you came all this way just for the pleasure of my company."

Nyx turned back to Link, smiling lightly before she held up the jug of milk that was suspended by a rope frame. "I'm bringing you your Milk delivery. The others swarmed the cart and nearly freaked Oberon out. Wasn't sure if you'd be able to get any. Gotta keep up that strength of yours now don't you?"

She handed the milk jug to Link by the rope holding it, smiling all the while.

"And I was curious if you wanted to come with me on the rest of my rounds for today. I gotta head to Kakariko, Hyrule Market, and then Hyrule Castle. It admit it's boring heading alone and I could use the company. You're the only Kokiri willing to leave the forest sooooo yeah. Whaddya say?"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 am

Link quickly raised a hand and gently pushed Nyx's rock hand downward. "Don't," he urged, "Mido's not all that bad once you get to know him. Believe me..." He moved to the back of the cart and grabbed a bottle of milk. Popping the cork her took a sip, leaving a white mustache briefly sitting on his upper lip, which he quickly wiped away. "It's as sweet as ever," he said, "I'll have to thank Malon and Talon for agreeing to have you deliver out this far next time I'm there."

He was about to grab his share and climb up into his treehouse when Nyx mentioned her delivery route. At the mention of Hyrule Castle, he dropped that bottle, letting it shatter. Wincing, he started to pick up the glass pieces. "Erm.. yeah, I'll come with," he said, "But if you don't mind, think we might head by Market Town and the castle first? I've... got some things I need to attend to there... At least, I think I do. I'm not sure." He frowned as he saw the wasted milk. True enough he still had another two bottles worth he could drink fresh from the cart, but he hated to waste.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:47 am

"Don't,""Mido's not all that bad once you get to know him. Believe me..."

Nyx turned her green eyes to Link, narrowing them dangerously. "I don't see why he doesn't like me. I just deliver the milk. I blame him for last week, his comment started it. I still say he's a rude little bugger."

"It's as sweet as ever,""I'll have to thank Malon and Talon for agreeing to have you deliver out this far next time I'm there."

The hylian laughed lightly. "That's if Malon's not having to bring Talon back from Zora's Domain. Little known that they like their milk too. I bet you five rupees that she complains about him going swimming in the river the next time you're there."

"Erm.. yeah, I'll come with,""But if you don't mind, think we might head by Market Town and the castle first? I've... got some things I need to attend to there... At least, I think I do. I'm not sure."

She jumped a little as Link dropped his bottle of milk. Granted broken bottles happened all the time, but Link had never dropped a bottle before. Not in the past while since she'd been delivering milk to the Kokiri kids. He was already picking up the glass pieces when she went back to the cart and pulled another bottle from a box pushed toward the back. Each box was clearly labeled with the destination of the milk and the Kokiri had only taken their boxes marked for Kokiri Forest.

"Here. This one's mine. I've two more stashed in there so don't you dare worry about it Link."

Nyx still had one eyebrow quirked lightly, confused. Did Link have business there or didn't he? Well either way, Link had always been strange. Maybe he was supposed to meet someone there and wasn't sure if they were going to show up.

"I imagine we can head there first. Kakariko is the smallest delivery anyway. It'll take more weight off of Oberon sooner."

Despite the fact that Nyx worked at LonLon with the horses and cows, Oberon was her own horse. It had been her own life savings and alot of work at LonLon that had gotten her enough money. She had gone with Malon to a horse auction and fallen in love with the horse.

He was beautiful and strong, somewhat wild in his nature. Nyx, being the wild child of her family took to him quickly and they were quite a pair. She cared for Oberon a great deal, and very very few others were allowed near or even on Oberon for that matter. Not to mention Oberon did not allow alot of others to ride him to start with.

"Well come on Link, no use in crying over spilled milk! Let's go! Oberon's waiting."

Heading back to the cart once more, Oberon greeted Nyx enthusiastically; snorting as she held out a carrot from her pocket to him. He gladly munched the carrot down and snorted. Nyx climbed into his saddle and Oberon pawed the ground a moment, tossing his head. The Kokiri were beginning to bug him.

"Well Link, you have two options. Up here with me, or back there in the cart with the milk. Your choice."

((Oberon:))
The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) Equinecoloragouti-photo7
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Link smiled as he watched the girl with her horse. It reminded him of the bond both he and Malon shared with Epona, another of Lon Lon Ranch's wild horses. The fairy boy clutched at his ocarina as he thought of his deer friends. "Erm... I'll ride up front," he decided, "But give me a minute. There's something I need." He slipped the deku shield from around his shoulders and placed it on the cart beside Nyx. "Keep this with you, just in case," he suggested.

He turned and headed across the field for a nearby hill. At the top, a couple Kokiri kids stood tending to a maze of gardens and fences. Link made his way quickly through them and dissapeared into the side of a cliff, returning a few minutes later with something strapped to his back... a sword? The wooden hilt of the weapon could be seen just over the top of the hylian shield he wore... far too big for Link, it seemed, but he had his ways of making due.

He soon made his way back to the horse and hopped atop the cart. "Sorry... Couldn't leave without the Kokiri Sword. I'd rather not get caught by a stalchild without a weapon, though I'm pretty sure even loaded down Oberon could outrun them.... To Hyrule Castle Town then?"
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:10 pm

"Erm... I'll ride up front,""But give me a minute. There's something I need.""Keep this with you, just in case,"

One's Nyx's eyebrows quirked again as Link gave her the Kokiri shield. She watched as he disappeared into the side of cliff before she turned around on the front of the cart and retrieved a bottle of milk from her last remaining two on the cart. Popping the cork from the bottle, she drank it down; smiling all the while. It was a habit, but Nyx always kept her own milk and food on the cart when she made deliveries. She always got hungry eventually, it was inevitable. Reaching down further, she grabbed an apple; munching on it absentmindedly while she waited for Link. He'd been even more strange today that he usually was.

"Sorry... Couldn't leave without the Kokiri Sword. I'd rather not get caught by a stalchild without a weapon, though I'm pretty sure even loaded down Oberon could outrun them.... To Hyrule Castle Town then?"

Nyx looked at Link skeptically as he came back with the sword. She didn't really see what the big deal was, it was still daylight. Stalchildren didn't come out until the sun set. However, she dismissed her thoughts for the moment.

"Oberon can outrun just about anything Link! Even the horses at Lon Lon can't keep up with him!"

She nodded before she reached back down to where she kept her stash of food, grabbing an apple and handing it to Link. "Here's lunch. To Hyrule Castle Town."

Nyx guided Oberon out of the Kokiri Forest, back over the bridge, and onto the road that led to Hyrule Castle. The cart jostled and bounced lightly Oberon settled into a semi fast pace, one that would get them there within an hour or so.

"So Link, what kind of business do you have at Hyrule Castle Town? Meeting someone or something?"

Last edited by Zeroki on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Link accepted the apple gratefully and took a bite of it, though as was his wont, he said little for most of the journey, at least until the two had set a good clip. Instead, he stared up into the sky thoughtfully, occasionally chewing away the juicy red flesh of the fruit.

Her question, however, came as a bit of a surprise to him... "Erm... well, not in the market, exactly," he said, "I need to go to the castle, to meet with Princess Zelda. As strange as it sounds, she sent me a summons." He shrugged and pulled his fairy ocarina from his pocket. Leaning back, he began to play a merry little tune his friend Saria had once taught him. The children of the forest were known for their love of music, and Link was no exception. Even if times were particularly dark, he was going to do his best to make this an enjoyable day. There was no reason Nyx needed to get caught up in whatever was happening.

"So tell me how everyone is doing back on the ranch," he said, pulling the Ocarina away from his lips just long enough to speak, "Malon and Talon? And how's Epona? Is she still as wild as I remember?"
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 pm

"Erm... well, not in the market, exactly,""I need to go to the castle, to meet with Princess Zelda. As strange as it sounds, she sent me a summons."

Nyx looked genuinely surprised. "Wow. Wonder what the Princess wants with you. You're a Kokiri, not many Kokiri get summoned to the castle. Lucky you. I'm just delivering milk."

Oberon snorted up ahead a couple of time, perhaps the result of some dust. Nyx smiled lightly as Link started playing on his ocarina. Personally, she wanted a violin. But they cost so much! And she'd never have the time to practice.

"So tell me how everyone is doing back on the ranch,""Malon and Talon? And how's Epona? Is she still as wild as I remember?"

She laughed lightly. "You know how Talon is, sleepy and lazy as ever. Malon is always having to chase him down for him to get work done. Ingo...he's creepy. Always seems like he's in too good of a mood; if you know what I mean." Nyx made a gesture of a person drinking alcohol from a flask. "And Epona is still wild, but between Malon and I, I think we're getting her at least somewhat used to a saddle at this point. How many times she's bucked me off, I lost count at 50. Epona's the only horse that can and will try to keep up with Oberon here."

Up ahead of them, Oberon seemed to be getting agitated. Nyx was confused as her horse seemed tense, ears folded back, tossing his head up and down. This was unusual. They weren't far out from Castle Town so Nyx could deal with him when they got there.

"That's strange. Oberon's not normally like this. I've never seen him get this agitated on a milk run before. He definitely wasn't like this an hour ago. I'll figure out what it is after we get through the market. I'll have to get off the cart going through the market anyways."

Last edited by Zeroki on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 am

Link didn't miss a beat on his Ocarina as he listened to the update from Lon Lon Ranch. He couldn't help but smile between notes. It was good to know that some things never changed... ever. As Castle Town's walls grew larger on the horizon, he took the instrument from his mouth and slipped it back into his pouch. "Epona's got the blood of a champion in her," he grinned, "I wouldn't mind riding her myself someday. She's seemed to like me ever since Malon taught me her mother's song. Must be there's some magic in those notes too." He shrugged his shoulders.

Then Oberon's unusual behavior started. Unlike Nyx, Link wasn't surprised. He leaned forward and took the reigns momentarily, urging the cart to a halt. "Hold on just a second." He slipped off the cart and withdrew his Ocarina again, soon kneeling down in front of the horse and playing a soft melody, the notes of which were sure to instantly calm the soul of anyone, beast or Hylian. When Oberon seemed calm, Link returned to his seat. "Nyx... I'm not gonna' lie," he said softly, "These are dark times... My dreams have started getting darker lately too... Ever since Saria disappeared... I think that's why Zelda summoned me... He raised his hand, looking the Triforce mark over. "I had hoped..."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Nyx relinquished her hold on the reins to Link and watched as he calm Oberon down with a song from his ocarina. She smiled lightly, watching him as he got back up on the cart before she took the reins, urging a much more calmed Oberon forward again.

"Nyx... I'm not gonna' lie,""These are dark times... My dreams have started getting darker lately too... Ever since Saria disappeared... I think that's why Zelda summoned me...""I had hoped..."

She continued watching Link carefully, looking to Oberon every so often.

"You had hoped what, Link?"

Looking back towards the entrance of Castle Town, Nyx guided Oberon over the drawbridge, the cart bouncing and creaking every so often. As they came just inside the drawbridge; Nyx pulled the cart to a stop before she jumped down, leading Oberon by the reins in front of him, so that she could guide him easier through the stalls and around the fountain in the center of the Market easier.

As they rounded the fountain and made it to the other side of the market; Nyx got back on the cart once the road was clear to the Castle.

"Anyways, what had you hoped?"

The cart bounced considerably less here, given the road was much more level. Nyx brought the cart to the gate into the castle. The guards nodded lightly, letting her in without complaint. They knew that she would be here today with the Lon Lon delivery. Continuing down the winding road, Nyx pulled the cart to a stop at the entrance of the castle. Hopping down once more, she began hauling cases of milk marked "Hyrule Castle" off of the cart, stacking them a moment before she began carrying them inside.

"You are all but welcome to lift a few cases, Link. Makes my job go quicker."

There was no denying that Nyx was a hard worker, but she also liked getting things done quickly...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:38 am

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Link didn't answer Nyx's question at all. His words appeared to have been more for his own benefit than for hers. He just kept staring at the mark on his hand as the two companions made their way across Hyrule Field and finally arrived in Castle Town Market. Still Nyx continued on until the two had arrived at the entrance to the castle. Link hopped off the cart and shook his head slowly. "No, you'd better go on in yourself Nyx," he said, "I've gotta' go to the castle garden to meet with the princess... And something tells me I should go alone."

He turned around and rushed off around the side of the building, easily balancing along the edge of the ground near the moat. Meanwhile, in the back of his mind he could feel the darkness growing again... Something was coming. He felt it deep within his very core... Zelda was in danger. "Hang on Zelda," he whispered, "I'm coming."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 am

"No, you'd better go on in yourself Nyx,""I've gotta' go to the castle garden to meet with the princess... And something tells me I should go alone."

The black haired Hylian shrugged her shoulders. "Well either way, have fun Link. Say hi to Princess Zelda for me!" She shot him a bright smile before she went back to hauling the crates of milk into the castle. Nyx had propped the door into the castle open with a crate as she carried the milk into the kitchens, much to the gratitude of the cooks.

It took at total of about six trips, the castle was prone to ordering a great deal of Lon Lon milk at one time. "Argh, I can't wait until I'm older and carrying this stuff isn't so hard!"

On her last trip, which also included collecting the rupees for payment; Nyx was shocked by the sounds of the guards sounding just outside the doors where she left Oberon and his panicked whinnying. She bolted through the halls fast as she could to find two guards trying to keep Oberon from rearing, and failing.

"Goddesses damnit!" Nyx cursed before she ran forward, kicking the guards in the shins before she snatched Oberon's reins out of their hands, standing to the side so that he could get a good look at her; and keep from getting kicked.

"Stop Oberon, it's okay."

The sooty bay horse snorted, tossing his head as he pawed the ground; eyes wild. Nyx stroked his muzzle, her green eyes concerned before she looked at the lawns near the castle. It wasn't really kosher to allow a horse on the lawns, but maybe being able to walk around, not attached to the cart would help Oberon. Pulling down the piece of wood that would hold the cart up in Oberon's absence.

Nyx took the straps off of Oberon and led him slowly to the grass by his reins; walking him around while he continued to toss his head; eyes wild and nervous.

"Come on Oberon, calm down for me?"

Looking around the castle grounds again, she caught some disapproving looks from the guards but shot them a steely glare.

"What in Din's name is taking Link so long?"

Nyx looked back to Oberon again, who seemed to have calmed down again and was now leaning his head down to munch on the grass that hadn't been cut in some time. She moved away from the horse; who was munching happily on the grass.

She ran back towards the castle doors. A guard stopped her, asking her what she was doing. "The cooks were giving me some carrots for Oberon, I forgot them in the kitchen" Nyx was a surprisingly adept liar because the guard let her by.

The hylian had been inside the castle enough to know how to get to the gardens, it was just a matter of avoiding the guards. As small as Nyx was body-wise, she could tuck herself into small spaces and took advantage of spaces that guards were not looking at.

Nyx finally made it to the gardens, sneaking past the guards before she saw a glimpse of a green tunic, though Link seemed to be deep in conversation as she kept herself tucked in a bush, away from the guards...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:37 pm

With no idea he was being followed, Link finally found his way into the heart of the castle gardens. Zelda stood on a raised dais at the end closest to the castle, hands folded in front of her elegant pink and white gown. Her long golden hair had been tied up into careful knots and was hidden beneath her princess' crown. Bright blue eyes beheld Link for a few moments as the fairy boy stepped forward. Her gaze was serious, but not unfriendly. "Link, I am glad you were able to make it," she said softly.

Link nodded his head slowly. "I came as fast as I could, Zelda," he said, "Saria... Is this about-"

Zelda cut him off, raising a white-gloved hand. "Yes," she said coolly, "And about Impa as well, and, I fear, Princess Ruto and Boss Darunia. All of them have vanished without a trace."

"Without a trace..." Link remembered the faces in his dream, "But what about-"

"There has been no word from the Gerudos, nor has Rauru seen fit to contact me... I know little of their fate, but I believe you have sensed it as well... These aren't ordinary disappearances Link. They're being taken."

Link shook his head. "Taken? By what? Who? Ganondorf-"

"Was sealed away in the Sacred Realm," Zelda said, "but his evil influence is far more powerful than I had first thought... There are others out there who-" He last words were drowned out as a sudden earthquake shook the castle. Link fought to stay on his feet, and Zelda fell back with a gasp, wincing as he back slammed against the castle wall.

The sky above suddenly turned dark despite the sunshine, and a black vortex opened above, from which a monsterous creature dropped to earth. Standing nearly nine feet tall, the creature was nothing more than a skeleton wearing a helmet and boots, yet some sort of dark magic held it together. Its eyeless sockets glowed red as it fixed its gaze on the kokiri boy and the princess. With a dark, humorless laugh, it stepped forward, hefting a rusty, curved sword, the other holding its huge round shield close.

Without hesitation Link drew his own Kokiri sword and stepped forward to confront it, drawing a laugh from the Stalfos. "Link," it hissed in its eery voice, "Hero of Time, do not interfere." It lunged forward and swung its deadly blade downward. Without a proper shield, Link was forced to quickly duck. The sword impacted harmlessly off the hylian sheild he wore on his back.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Nyx stayed hidden, listening to the conversation while staying silent. Nearly none of the names she knew. Saria, yes but that was it. Impa? Ruto? Darunia? Rauru? Who were these people? She'd heard of the Gerudos, and some of the old tales that came with their people.

'Ganondorf? Who's Ganondorf?' Nyx thought to herself, very thoroughly confused by the conversation. There had been the feeling of being outside earlier, like she'd been left out of the loop on something big.

As the earthquake hit, Nyx found herself hitting the ground beneath the tall bush; a couple of rocks digging into her left shoulder as she did so. When the sky turned dark, Nyx could not help but gasp at the creature that dropped from the vortex above. What in the hell was that thing?

"Link,""Hero of Time, do not interfere."

Okay, she highly doubted this was some elaborate joke made by Link. But a hero? Link was not a hero. Link was a Kokiri. A brave Kokiri to be sure; but a Kokiri nevertheless.

She noted that Link had the Hylian shield, which was too big and heavy for him to lift and use as a normal shield. Nyx looked around where she was, grabbing an armful of rocks as she extricated herself from the bushes before throwing a rock at the Stalfos (not that she knew what it was), aiming for his head and striking true.

"Hey you ugly bag of bones! Over here! HEY!"

Nyx continued to throw the rocks she had gathered before stooping down to grab more, keeping an eye on the creature that quite honestly terrified her but Link needed the help...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Link winced as another blow from the Stalfos' sword bounced off his shield, only to hear Nyx's yelling. He managed to get to his feet as the creature whirled around and started stalking toward her. "No Nyx!" Link yelled, "Let me handle this! Get Oberon, and get out of here!"

With a shout he ran and dove forward, easily rolling around into the Stalfos' path again. Getting his sword he ducked a third blow and managed to lunge forward, slashing with his Kokiri sword. He was rewarded with a satisfying crunch as one of the creature's bones fractured, causing it to stumble back briefly. Link lunged again, but this time it was his weapon that impacted off his enemy's shield. The stalfos swung again. Link ducked and rolled to the side, slashing at the creature's boot. The creature but managed to get back to its feet.

Link quickly backed away as the Stalfos' took another swing. The boy was getting tired, and the vile creature knew it, but Link refused to give up. He took a few steps back and held his sword out at arm's length, feet spread as he prepared to leap if his enemy took a swing at him.

He took a few deep breaths, and as Nyx watched, a glowing energy suddenly sheathed itself around the boy's sword, first blue, and then gold as the power of the energy grew. The stalfos advanced, but Link held his ground. Closer.. just a little bit closer..

Sweat formed on Link's brow... Two more steps... one more... There! Link threw his body into a spin just as the Stalfos got within range, releasing all the energy he'd stored within the weapon in a single, deadly maneuver. The sword tore through the creature's spinal column, easily separating its legs from its upper body. It fell to the ground, only for Link to leap, driving the point of his sword between the empty eye sockets.

With an unearthly yowl, the Stalfos fell silent and as Link stepped back, the red glow in its eyes faded, and instead a series of blue flames engulfed the body, as the fowl necromancy that created it faded... The day lightened again, and Link fell to his knees, thoroughly exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:56 pm

"No Nyx!""Let me handle this! Get Oberon, and get out of here!"

Nyx glanced at Link a moment before she yelled back at him "Like hell!" However as the Stalfos began to advance on her, she started trying to find a better weapon against it, though she couldn't find anything.

The Link jumped back in. Nyx watched him fight the Stalfos and the kill it, clearly surprised and shocked by what she was seeing. What in the hell?

As Link killed the creature and the day lightened into the sunny blue sky that was normal for Hyrule. She seemed frozen for a moment, stuck in one spot. It didn't last long because she ran toward Link when he fell, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Link! You alright?"

Nyx had in the commotion and serious amount of confusion completely ignored Princess Zelda...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Link managed to smile as he looked up at Nyx, though a shade of pink appeared on his cheeks when he felt her hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine," he promised, "Just tired. Those things never get any easier to fight."

It was then Zelda managed to recover herself and moved forward, still managing to retain her natural grace and poise despite her rough treatment at the hands of the monster. Link stood up, dusting himself off. "Are you alright, princess?" he questioned.

Zelda offered a nod. "I am unharmed, Link," she answered, "It would seem that once again, I, along with all of Hyrule, am in your debt."

The young fairy boy offered a bow, but Zelda was not finished speaking. She turned her attention to Nyx and studied the other hylian girl for a few moments. "You were very brave as well, Nyx," she offered, "I will be sure to tell my father of your bravery. He will no doubt wish to thank you personally when the time is right."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine,""Just tired. Those things never get any easier to fight."

Nyx's green eyes widend a slight bit. He made it sound as though he'd fought those things before.

"Are you alright, princess?""I am unharmed, Link,""It would seem that once again, I, along with all of Hyrule, am in your debt."

If she had felt out of the loop before, she was definitely looked it now. Looking back and forth between Link and Zelda like it was a tennis match, Nyx had all the appearance of someone who'd walked halfway into the first showing of a play that she knew nothing about.

As Zelda turned her attention to her, Nyx felt her muscles tense. Zelda knew Link, as a friend even; but she didn't know Nyx. That fight or flight response was kicking in and the dark haired Hylian girl looked around her, seeming to look around for the guards who she were sure to come around the corner and throw her out on her butt.

"You were very brave as well, Nyx,""I will be sure to tell my father of your bravery. He will no doubt wish to thank you personally when the time is right."

If Nyx didn't looked shocked before, she most certainly did now. Her face was slack, her eyes wide, and she seemed quite thoroughly in disbelief at the situation. She nodded before speaking, though her voice wasn't quite as loud as it should be. "Thank you, Princess Zelda."

There was a moment when Nyx looked between Link and Zelda, staring at them a moment before she held her hands up, pointing to the two like she was trying to figure something out to no avail.

"This isn't real. I'm dreaming. I have to be. I'm either dreaming or I drank bad milk and I'm hallucinating. This isn't happening."

What Nyx had seen her mind could not at that moment comprehend, though it was trying it's best to do so. She had to be hallucinating or dreaming, there was no other explanation for everything she'd heard...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Link managed to catch his breath, but it was Zelda who beat him to answering. "Unfortunately, Nyx, this is no dream," she assured the young hylian girl, "That thing is only the first of many we will see in the coming days... That is why I called to Link."

Link simply nodded, seeming to understand. Zelda reached into her robes and withdrew an ocarina similar to the one Link carried in his pouch. This one, however, was a beautiful crystal blue. Link trembled as he took the shining object in his hands, rubbing his fingers over the smooth finish. "Do you remember the song, hero of time?" Link nodded and slowly drew the ocarina up to his lips, letting the magical notes of the royal family's song flow forward. Nyx would no doubt recognize it as the very song he had played to calm Oberon earlier.

Zelda listened and nodded in approval. "The hour has come for the Hero of Time to begin his journey anew," she said, "Link... I'm sorry. This should never have happened."

Link slowly pulled the Ocarina away from his lips and nodded his head, his gaze almost sad. "I... I should go." He turned around and rushed from the courtyard without so much as a word to Nyx. Where he was going, he was certain she could not follow.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Nyx continued to watch the exchange, still feeling as though she was the butt of some strange joke and she had just figured it out.

As Link played the song, her mind seemed to unfreeze, despite what Zelda had said earlier.

"I... I should go."

She watched as Link ran from the courtyard before she remembered something.

"Oh goddesses! Oberon!" Nyx turned and bolted like a child caught with a cookie, yelling behind her "Bye Princess Zelda! Enjoy the milk!"

The Hylian girl swerved and ran like a bat out of hell through the halls, surprising more than just the guards. As she passed by a cook she snatched a kitchen knife from his hand, causing a ruckus behind her which soon quieted down.

Running full pelt into the courtyard the first thing Nyx noticed was the fact that the gates were closed, and Oberon was reeking havoc in the area. A few guards were trying to control him, and again failing. A couple had brought ropes, which was making Oberon freak out even more. The earthquake had done a good job freaking him out; his chest heaving, eyes rolling, and nearly 800 pounds of angry equine to contend with.

Placing her thumb and forefinger to her lips, Nyx let go a very shrill whistle, which made everyone in the courtyard stop while Oberon ran to her, stopping only short of his small girl. Using the kitchen knife, Nyx cut the halter, his saddle off, letting it drop to the stone ground.

Oberon seemed surprised at the lack of the leather but he didn't seem to mind much as Nyx grasped his mane and pulled herself onto his back, yelling at the guards to open the gates.

It was strange when Oberon took off out of the courtyard full pelt, her knees the only thing holding her on. He snorted as he trampled through a small puddle of milk, all that remained of the delivery cart that had been knocked over in the quake.

Nyx held on for dear life, the knife discarded at the stairs of the castle. To get away quick, she knew Oberon moved faster without reins and saddle. As the sooty bay flew full pelt through the Castle Town Market, Nyx swore she could see a glimpse of green by what looked like a church, or a temple.

It was here that Nyx was faced with a difficult decision. She couldn't stop Oberon at the rate he was going. Jump off or stick it out for the ride.

"Oberon, go home!" Nyx shouted above the wind flying past her ears. The horse snorted, tossing his head, seeming for all intents and purposes displeased at the prospect. "Do it!" She yelled again, Oberon seemed to understand; though he didn't seem to like the prospect. "I'll see you soon!"

As the rampaging horse neared the fountain, Nyx jumped off; right into the water. While it wasn't the softest or best of landings; the water would slow her momentum. Shaking the wet hair from her face, she watched as Oberon ran from Hyrule Castle Town, a billowing cloud of dust in his wake.

Jumping from the fountain, she dripped and dribbled all the way to the Temple of Time; forcing the doors open before she ran inside after Link, yelling all the while. "Link! You owe me a damn good explanation!"

To say that Nyx was fuming was an understatement. She looked for the better part ready to murder Link for the events of the day...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Link made it a surprising distance on foot while Nyx was trying to contend with Oberon. By the time she found him, he was standing before the altar in the Temple of Time. He was gazing upon what appeared to be three beautiful jewels, each one wrapped in fine gold: the Kokiri Emerald, the Gorons' Ruby, and the Zoras' sapphire... all of them sacred treasures, all of them known to the denizens of Hyrule. And in his hand, the Ocarina.

He whirled around as she approached. "Not now, Nyx," he warned, "You should go home... I have to do this, alone." Without waiting for a reply, he turned and began to play a melody on the Ocarina, this one far different in tone, equal parts reverent and mysterious: the song of time.

As Link finished the song, the Tri Force symbol near the temple's peaked roof glowed brightly, and before the altar, the center of the wall split and parted, revealing a hidden chamber. A single shaft of light spilled from a high peaked window, illuminating the room's sole object. There, in a pedestal directly in the center of the light's path was the Blade of Evil's Bane: the Master Sword. Link rushed forward into the room, not paying any heed to the girl behind him.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 pm

"Not now, Nyx,""You should go home... I have to do this, alone."

Nyx growled under her breath, still a small distance away from Link as he played the Song of Time. When the chamber opened and Link rushed into the chamber, Nyx sped up again, her boots created a silly slapping sound on the tiles as she ran into the chamber following the green clad boy.

"No, Link! NOW! You're going to tell me what the hell is happening!"

She was pissed, she had reason to be. Only a step behind Link, she reached out to grab at his tunic, intended on turning him around and making him face her.

"You tell me what is going on you coward! I'm not leaving until I get an explanation!"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Link had just started up the steps when Nyx managed to grab him. He whirled around and raised his arm, tugging away. "I promise, I'll explain eventually," he assured her, "but right now there's no time."

He turned around and made his way forward, up the stairs and into the center where the Master Sword stood. He took a deep breath as he reached out to place his hands around the beautiful violet hilt of the weapon, an irony, considering even now it stood just as tall as his entire body. So intent was he on his purpose that he didn't even feel the tug at his tunic as he pulled the blade easily, suddenly finding himself surrounded by a bright flash of light.

When the light faded, Link was no longer the small fairy boy Nyx knew. He was seven years older, seven years stronger and taller, and all the more self-assured... until he turned around, only to see he was not the only one here.

"Goddesses no... Nyx?!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next