The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Nyx wasn't expected the bright light when she caught hold of Link, so surprised in fact that she didn't even scream or yell.

As the light faded away and Link found himself seven years older, taller, and stronger. Initially, she wasn't facing him. Nyx stood, shaking her head, trying to decipher what had happened to her, to them for that matter. She was tall, slender, her hair still the same deep black that it had been in her childhood. What she wore was very much the same, a white tunic with green edges, light brown leggings, and dark brown boots. The only thing that differed from her childhood dress was the dark brown cloak that now hung around her shoulders.

"Goddesses no... Nyx?!"

As she heard her name, and a voice that was not immediately recognizable. Turning to face her childhood friend, her face was blank for a moment, green eyes sharp and calculating. It took only moments before her face lost the blank look and contorted into nothing more than pure rage. Striding forward, Nyx snapped her right arm out; grabbing the front of Link's tunic as she tugged him forward to look at her.

"What the HELL just happened, Link!? And don't tell me you'll explain later! You're going to tell me, NOW!"

Nyx was surprisingly beautiful for her age. Her face was slender, eyes sharp. (Think Arwen from Lord of The Rings) Though in her anger, her green eyes were fierce, almost of a poisonous appearance as she seemed to be seeking to pierce Link's soul...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Link truly hadn't expected Nyx to be pulled forward in time with him, but apparently fate had other things in mind. He sighed and slipped the sword into the scabbard on his back, not seeming to mind that Nyx was grabbing him with the intent of throttling him. He pulled free. "I told you to go home," he said, his voice almost sad, "Nyx, I don't know how to tell you this... but you've been pulled along with me seven years into the future. I'm not a Kokiri, obviously... I am the Hero of Time, the only one able to wield the legendary Master Sword, and it is my destiny to save the world in its hour of need."

He held one hand forward, slipping off the silver-backed greave he wore thereupon, allowing Nyx for the first time to see the glowing Triforce mark on his hand. "I am the bearer of one third of the golden power," he explained, "I hold the Triforce of Courage in my hand. Princess Zelda holds the Triforce of Wisdom... and the holder of the Triforce of Power is... Ganondorf, the Gerudo king... a man of wicked heart that Zelda and I sealed away in the Sacred Realm.. only now it would appear someone is trying to free him." He turned and began to make his way out of the temple, waiting for Nyx to follow.

"In order to seal Ganondorf away, Zelda and I had to rely on the power of six sages, each of whom was chosen by destiny long before all of this began-

Saria, my friend, the Sage of the Forest
Boss Darunia of the Gorons, the Sage of Fire
Princess Ruto of the Zoras, the Sage of Water
Impa, the last of the Sheikah people, who was the Sage of Shadow, and Princess Zelda's personal bodyguard,
Nabooru, the Gerudo thief, Sage of Spirit,
And Rauru, the Sage of Light who dwelled in the Temple of Light in the Sacred Realm

Only... now everyone has dissapeared, except Zelda, and possibly Rauru and Nabooru. If they aren't able to answer the call of their temples when the time comes, the seal that keeps Ganondorf locked away in the Sacred Realm will be broken, and he'll be able to plunge the world into a second darkness... THAT, Nyx, is why this is so important. That's why I told you to go home."

Link crossed the threshold door back into Hyrule... and for the first time Nyx would understand the depths of danger into which she'd plunged herself. The sky was dark, with ominous purplish-gray clouds blotting out the sunlight. Hyrule Castle had mysteriously vanished, instead replaced by a black tower. The buildings of Castletown Market had grown dilapidated... and from the market itself came a moaning as if from the dead. "Welcome to the future Nyx," Link said grimly, "Ganondorf's future at least... Whatever you do, stay close."
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 pm

"I told you to go home,""Nyx, I don't know how to tell you this... but you've been pulled along with me seven years into the future. I'm not a Kokiri, obviously... I am the Hero of Time, the only one able to wield the legendary Master Sword, and it is my destiny to save the world in its hour of need."

Nyx listened to the story quietly, her face changing from the contorted anger that it had been to something similar to disbelief and shock. She stared at her childhood friend, her eyes still fierce.

"...THAT, Nyx, is why this is so important. That's why I told you to go home."

The dark haired Hylian continued to stare at Link, but she didn't say anything. An odd thing for her, Nyx almost always had something to say. She still didn't say anything as she walked outside with Link into what was essentially a post apocalyptic world of Hyrule.

"Welcome to the future Nyx,""Ganondorf's future at least... Whatever you do, stay close."

Looking around, Nyx couldn't help her jaw dropping and her eyes growing wide. She didn't say anything still, if for once in her life; having been shocked into silence. There was a pause as Nyx considered Link's words, her face stern and almost cold to look at. This of course wasn't the Nyx that Link had met in his childhood. She hadn't known what she was going to be thrown into by chasing after Link as a child, demanding that he explain to her what had happened that day at the castle.

She looked to Link a moment before she pushed him backwards; for all intents and purposes just trying to get away from him. Nyx had to force herself not to stop as she ran through the dilapidated Market, to will her legs to keep going. Running past what had now become a "Poe Shop", she continued running over the broken drawbridge and through the water in it. Her destination was Lon Lon, where she had been living before the seven year jump with Link. She had told Oberon to go home, he would've come here; provided he had made it.

Perhaps it was just the adrenaline running in her system that kept her going so far while she ran, but she didn't run into any enemies along the way; thank the goddesses. The sun had only started setting when she made it to the entrance of Lon Lon Ranch. Nyx smiled, running inside; finding the scents of the ranch like home.

There didn't seem to be a real caretaker at the moment, not one that she could see at least. The buildings still stood but you could see where the doors and roofs could use some repairs. Walking further, she found Ingo near the corral, where the door was shut, preventing access to the horses.

Ingo shouted something along the lines of "What're you doing here!?" Nyx froze only a moment before she looked at the grouchy ranch keeper before she plastered a smile that could only be described as fake before she spoke. "My father sent me, he wants me to buy a horse for farm work." Ingo eyed her suspiciously, before he waved his hand; dismissively. "Come and find me when you've found the horse you want."

Nyx walked around the outside of the corral, her eyes desperately seeking the familiar sooty bay that she'd fallen in love with seven years ago. Many of the horses were clustered in a group, mostly the almost buckskin patterned horses that were too common in Hyrule. A couple of them were off on the other side, and she jogged in the direction of the two, finding a chestnut horse with black and white stockings and mane. She wore a saddle and reins, though it didn't seem like many would want to ride to start with.

The last horse she saw couldn't be him. The pattern was the same, but something was off. He stood still, not running and bucking as she was accustomed to seeing him do. Time had fully filled him out, and he had to weigh at least 1,100 pounds now in pure equine muscle. He was close to the fence. If only she could...

"Watch that one, he'll bite you."

Nyx looked up at Ingo as he walked by, clearly looking at something else but commenting on the horse. "Came charging in here seven years ago. Malon let him stay, saying he belonged to someone named Nyx. Never met her, but he's hard to predict, hard to control. You might lose some fingers; taking that one."

She turned her eyes back to him as Ingo walked away, clearly interested in something else.

Reaching her arm through the bar, she placed her hand on Oberon's neck. The horse startled from his spot, jumping back and snorting, teeth gnashing. Nyx pulled her arm back quickly, She stared at him, before she slowly moved her arm between the bars again, holding her hand still. The now stallion stared at Nyx's hand like it had a whip in it. She leaned her head against the bars, closing her eyes.

"Oh goddesses, Oberon what happened to you?"

Nyx could feel the tears welling in behind her eyelids. The seven years had been instantaneous for Nyx, but Oberon had lived those seven years. What had happened was he simply became a lonely horse.

She kept her head against the cold bars that separated her from her horse, when a warm still soft muzzle pressed itself into her hand. A harsh snort blew warm air against her hand before she looked up, her green eyes still teary as she reached her other hand through the bars; placing it on Oberon's muzzle as well.

Nyx smiled for the first time in the past day as Oberon came ever closer, and she did her best to hug him through the tall corral bars before her legs gave way beneath her, unwilling and unable to hold her body up after running for so long. She didn't know where Link was an some part of her didn't care as she kept her hand on Oberon. The strong comforting presence for her that he had always been; even after 7 years of being alone.

She pressed her shoulder against the bars of the corral, feeling her eyes drooping somewhat as she heard Oberon lay down on the ground next to where her hand eventually had dropped, seeing if Nyx had brought him any carrots or apples. The cloak around her shoulders kept her pretty warm; though the night wasn't that cold as the sun slowly descended into night. A wolf howled somewhere in the distance, though Nyx didn't care in the slightest as she moved her hand to Oberon's mane, entangling her fingers there as she dozed. Clearly Ingo had forgotten about her, because he had gone inside for the night.

For the time that Nyx dozed, everything was normal once again. Oberon was here, and they were just sleeping beneath the stars as they had done so many times...

Last edited by Zeroki on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 pm

It was early morning when a familiar melody reached Nyx's ears: the sound of Ocarina music, more specifically, the song Malon often sang to the horses. Link leaned comfortably against the coral bars, playing away. Nearby, just seperated from him by the bars was a familiar chestnut mare with beautiful white mane and socks. She seemed suprisingly comfortable as she stood there, listening to the two. Even Link seemed relaxed despite everything that was happening.

"Horses have long memories," he mused, "Seven years later, and Oberon still remembers your scent... just like Epona still remembers the song Malon always sang to her." He stood up slowly, putting away his ocarina and reaching through the bars to stroke Epona's nose. Despite the difficulty most had in controlling her, even as a foal, that song seemed to have a strange effect on her. Malon and Link were the only ones able to tame her it seemed. "Have a good sleep, Nyx?"
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 pm

The ocarina barely managed to penetrate her sleep. She had been smiling in her sleep, something that was uncommon for her. Nyx was not the smile-in-your sleep type. The sun shining against her face was what truly roused her. Her eyelids were barely halfway open when Link began musing.

"Horses have long memories,""Seven years later, and Oberon still remembers your scent... just like Epona still remembers the song Malon always sang to her."

It took Nyx some time for her brain to catch up with everything that had happened the previous day. Her eyes were sleepy, like her brain was moving slower than what she was used to; even in the early morning.

"Have a good sleep, Nyx?"

Her eyes went from sleepy to sleepy-hostile when her brain registered Link's question. Moving her shoulder from the bars, rolling the angry muscles and wincing when the joint in her shoulder gave a nasty 'pop'. Oberon had stood up when she moved away from the corral, trying to get the muscles in her shoulders to loosen.

"You sleep on slatted metal and tell me if you have a good sleep."

Nyx's tone could really only be described as biting, sharp even. Her green eyes had regained their fierce appearance though the tear tracks from the night previous stood out on her face which was otherwise dusty and dirty. Turning around she reached back through the bars, stroking Oberon's neck as he snorted, pawing the ground. Oberon clearly wanted out. Nyx would make that happen, one way or another....

"How'd you find me anyways?"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Link didn't seem to mind the hostile tone in Nyx's voice. In fact, here of all places he just seemed... relaxed. He took some time to answer Nyx's question, instead focusing on giving affection to Epona for the time being.

"The first time I drew the Master Sword from its pedestal and came seven years into the future, I was as scared and confused as you are," he said, "Even with Rauru to explain everything to me, I still retreated to the most familiar place I knew... I ran home, to the Kokiri Forest. No one else recognized me but I knew all of them... It was only natural you'd return home when the same thing happened to you. Besides... I knew I could use Epona's help. She's always been a faithful ally to me. You had to wonder why I was always so interested in her well-being."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 pm

"The first time I drew the Master Sword from its pedestal and came seven years into the future, I was as scared and confused as you are,""Even with Rauru to explain everything to me, I still retreated to the most familiar place I knew... I ran home, to the Kokiri Forest. No one else recognized me but I knew all of them... It was only natural you'd return home when the same thing happened to you. Besides... I knew I could use Epona's help. She's always been a faithful ally to me. You had to wonder why I was always so interested in her well-being."

Nyx listened to Link with a raised eyebrow, a clear sign of her skepticism. Oberon snorted again, tossing his head.

"Well, how was I to know she was your horse; Link. Not like you ever told me. I'll be right back."

The dark haired Hylian walked back to the house across from the barn, raised a fist and outright pounding on the door. There was a small amount of shouting from inside before Ingo came to the door, dark shadows beneath his eyes. "I'm here to buy the horse I was looking at yesterday. The one you said would take my fingers off." Nyx said, he sweetest and honestly most fake smile to date plastered on her face.

Ingo stared at Nyx a moment before he retrieved the keys for the corral and walking to the gate. "He's 300 rupees."

"Well you see, Mr. Ingo; I would like to ride him first before I purchase him. You know, looking at him through the bars is not a good indicator of whether he's capable of the kind of work that I need him to do. You do understand, don't you?"

Ingo quirked an eyebrow at the black haired Hylian before he nodded his assent. "You've got fifteen minutes." He said, unlocking the gate and ignoring most everything else before he went to lean against the bars. Taking little notice of Link, but watching the black haired woman with perhaps a bit too much intensity.

Nyx laughed lightly as Oberon charged over to her, greeting her with perhaps to much of an enthusiastic nuzzle as he nearly knocked her off of her feet. Wasting no more time, Nyx surprised Ingo when she didn't bother saddling Oberon or so much as putting reins on him. Climbing up was much easier now that she was taller and able to do so.

Sitting on top Oberon, the fit was complete. She'd worry about reins and a saddle for him later. Ingo continued to watch her, seeming to try and figure out how in the name of Din she'd been able to tame that damn horse. Perhaps he'd see about hiring her here to try her hand at Epona, and some other things. He chuckled to himself.

Moving Oberon out of the gate to be away from the other horses, they did a quick lap around the corral, telling Link as they passed since Ingo appeared to still have no noticed him. "If you're planning something, I'd do it quick; Link."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Link could only chuckle as he listened to Nyx dealing with Ingo. He wasn't a bad man, Link knew... just corrupted. It would take a bit of time, but eventually he'd be the partner Talon hired again. Link slipped into the corral and easily climbed atop Epona.

He leaned over, whispering something in her ear, to which the mare gave an enthusiastic snort and a nod of her head. Link turned to ride her in the opposite direction of Oberon, feet in the stirrups. As she reached one end of the Corral, Link turned her. With a whoop and a kick, the horse started off like the wind, easily jumping both corral and outer fence, no doubt much to Ingo's dismay. The mare seemed pleased to be free of the ranch. Her flanks heaved with the exertion of the jump, but she held her head high and proud.

Link turned her to look back at the ranch and wait for Nyx and Oberon.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Nyx watched as Link took Epona over the fences, and she threaded her fingers through Oberon's mane as Ingo closed the inner gates of the ranch; keeping her from leaving through the entrance of course. It was only until Ingo began to try and chase her on another horse that she actually got worried.

"Thief! You're going to pay for both those horses when I get my hands on you!"

With a set of two clicks and a shrill whistle, Oberon started off; leaving Ingo choking on the dust in his wake. She could hear his hooves tearing up the earth behind him, leaving clods of dirt in his wake.

It was now, when Oberon made the jump over the outer fence that Nyx had a moment where she regretted choosing to ride him bareback for the sake of his speed. She could swear that for one moment, she felt herself nearly weightless in the arc of his leap. Her hands still tightly wound in Oberon's mane and her knees the only things holding her on, she trusted Oberon more than ever that they would land safe.

When they came back to earth, Nyx could hear Oberon's harsh breathing before she leaned forward and hugged his thick neck. She smiled lightly, her face half buried in Oberon's mane. "I missed you."

Sitting back up, she looked to Link. "So, should we head to Kakariko? It's one thing that you have a sword but I need a weapon of some sort, Link. I can't expect you to save me all the time, can I?" Her voice still hadn't seemed to have lost the sharp tone, though that would be remedied with time. Either time or a loud and angry argument...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Oberon seemed able to match Epona stride-for-stride. That was good at least. It meant he wouldn't have to slow down for Nyx to be able to keep up on the trip to Kakariko. He started Epona into an easy stride as the two made their way west toward the small village, only to pause when Nyx mentioned needing a weapon.

He reached into his pouch and withdrew the Kokiri Sword, little more than a knife now given their size, but the blade was still as sharp as ever. He handed it, sheath and all, to Nyx. "Keep this on you," he advised, "It's not much, but it'll definitely keep you safe in a pinch."

The sun was still rising as the two friends made their way across Hyrule's open field, toward Kakariko. "At least one village remained relatively untouched by Ganondorf," he said, "Kakariko is where the few survivors of Castletown's disasters fled, and even now it's still a relatively peaceful village. Just keep away from the well in the center of the town and you'll be fine. As for weapons. I know a few of the merchants. I might be able to get you a discount, but none of them sell weapons that I can recall."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:48 pm

"Keep this on you,""It's not much, but it'll definitely keep you safe in a pinch."

Nyx quirked an eyebrow at the Kokiri Sword for a moment, seeming more like a Kokiri Knife if anything. But Link was right, it would do if she needed it to.

"At least one village remained relatively untouched by Ganondorf,""Kakariko is where the few survivors of Castletown's disasters fled, and even now it's still a relatively peaceful village. Just keep away from the well in the center of the town and you'll be fine. As for weapons. I know a few of the merchants. I might be able to get you a discount, but none of them sell weapons that I can recall."

The black haired Hylian had a moment of thought...Perhaps if...no, certainly not. "I'm sure we can find something, but if not the Kokiri sword will work for awhile."

While Nyx had lived at Lon Lon Ranch, it was true; she lived there because she had worked there. She called it home though her parents lived in Kakariko Village when she was a child.

As the horses and their riders made their way into the small peaceful village, Nyx looked around. More buildings had been built, it didn't look extensively different in comparison to the 7 years prior. Looking around, Nyx sighed lightly. She hadn't lived here since she was nearly 8. She'd been 11 when she got sucked 7 years into the future with Link. Goddesses...10 years. What a difference 10 years made in the place. A middle aged woman carrying a large basket of eggs walked by, making Nyx spine stiffen in her seat. She didn't seem anything remarkable, black hair and deep brown eyes. Nyx muttered under her breath to herself. "Don't let her recognize me, don't don't don't."

The woman continued walking by, giving a good natured wave to the two on horseback. "Afternoon." Her voice seemed happy, much like Nyx's on a good day when she wasn't feeling so quite so hostile towards others.

Unbeknownst to Nyx she'd been holding her breath, which she promptly released once the woman was out of earshot. She closed her eyes only a moment, sighing lightly before she opened them and looked back to Link; a light but clearly forced smile on her face.

"As much as I like riding Oberon bareback, it's not quite as secure. He needs tack and a saddle. You've been here before, any ideas if I can get a set here?"

Nyx was unaware of it, but she was unconsciously playing with Oberon's mane; something that was out of the ordinary with her. She'd left her family behind a long time ago. Nyx had thought the perhaps coming back here would be okay, that it wouldn't weigh on her quite so much seeing everything having changed. They wouldn't recognize Oberon of course; given that she'd purchased him after she had lived at Lon Lon for nearly a year.

"Orin! Watch it Orin! HEADS UP!"

Alarmed, Nyx looked upwards as six or so bricks fell from the building right next to them that it appeared they were repairing. There was a large hole in the side of the building and it looked as though a bomb had gone off. (Truth be told, one had.)

Luckily the bricks missed Nyx since she was closer to the building. Though it appeared Link was not so lucky. The trajectory of the one of the bricks was sending it straight towards Link's head.

Nyx looked upwards. "Oi! You trying to kill us!?" she shouted to the people above. A sandy blonde head peered over the edge of the roof, a long length of rope tied to a pole and around his waist keeping him from falling off. The boy could not have been more than 15 years old with big brown eyes. "Sorry 'bout that guys! Not trying to, I promise!"

Looking upwards at the young Hylian she regarded him with what appeared to be skepticism. "Well you could tell me where I can get some tack for my horse!" The teen's face practically lit up when he pointed to a small building in the corner of the town. "Man named Dain lives there; he's my dad and a leather worker. Tell him Orin sent you and I'm sure he'll help you out miss!"

Nyx nodded lightly before nudging Oberon forward, up a small set of stairs to a little house tucked away in the corner of the village. Jumping down from Oberon's back, she walked forward and knocked on the door. The man that answered was middle aged, with sandy blonde hair that was turning silver-grey in his age. She had to restrain herself at the sight of his eyes; it was like looking into a mirror for her. "What kind of trouble did my son cause this time?" Dain asked, his voice sounding weary and time worn.

She shrugged lightly. "Dropped some bricks, and one of them hit my friend here on the head but that's about it." Dain nodded, inviting them in with a wave of his hand. "What're you looking for, miss...?" "Uh, Diana." Nyx lied quickly. "I'm looking for some tack and a saddle for my horse."

The man raised an eyebrow at Nyx, mostly at her name. Saddles and tack were a common request, he had them. "Well the saddle and tack I've got." Nyx looked down a moment, thinking to herself. Damn, damn, damn she'd been hoping they wouldn't still be here this far into the future.

Dain pointed to the saddles and reins that he had on hand, watching with a raised eyebrow as Nyx kept lifting the damn saddles, like she was checking the weight of them. In fact, she was. While she needed a saddle badly to keep her from falling off during hard riding; she didn't want to put something on Oberon that would slow him down too much. In the end she chose a lightweight, darker brown saddle.

Looking back to Dain, Nyx gave a broad grin. "What do I owe you, Dain?" Nyx expected a hefty sum, so she was somewhat floored when he responded 150 rupees. Staring at him, she gaped slightly before he spoke "You're getting a hefty discount on account of my son nearly killing you with bricks." She wasted no time in lifting the saddle onto Oberon with ease. The only problems he gave her was when she began slipping the reins over his head and he snorted, not entirely pleased. Seven years without reins would do that.

"Oh stop it Oberon, you know I'm likely to fall off otherwise so quit it." Nyx reprimanded the horse a bit and he stared at her a moment before she finished with the reins. Walking back towards Dain, she gave him the required rupees out of the bag she'd held onto from childhood. "Thanks Dain." The silver-grey blonde nodded lightly before Nyx stepped back over to Oberon, lifting herself into the saddle before she looked to Link.

"Can we please please please please leave now?" Nyx whispered through her clenched jaw.

Dain chuckled from where he stood in the doorway, arm crossed as he watched his long-lost daughter. He couldn't see the little girl she'd once been anymore; but she looked far too much like his wife when they'd first met for him not to notice.

"And Nyx? You and your boyfriend should be careful!" The greying man yelled from where he stood. If anything was going to make Nyx freak, that was it. Instead, she simply closed her eyes, clenched her jaw once more, and didn't look back...

Last edited by Zeroki on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : You can't say I didn't warn you, Firestorm. I bricked him. >:D)
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Link knew Kakariko well. He'd visited a number of times on his journey and made friends with a number of the people in the town, but he didn't honestly know any leather merchants. He was about to tell Nyx as much when the cry was sent up. He looked up and yelped, barely managing to get his shield into place in time so that brick impacted harmlessly off the surface.

He sighed and followed after Nyx, not really caring to answer the workers. Honestly, he was more interested in finding some fish than he was in finding leather. While Nyx went about her errands, Link managed to find his merchant friend from Castletown and purchase a couple fish and some deku nuts. Never knew when those might come in handy.

Soon enough everything was ready, and the two friends made their way toward Kakariko's gate, but not before one last farewell was called from Dane, causing Link to blush heavily.

It was not to be the last surprise in store for the day, for as the two reached the top of the stairway that would lead down into Hyrule field, a lithe young man dropped from the clifftop above, landing gracefully. Link pulled Epona's reins, bringing her to a stop.

The young man was thin, his head wrapped up in bandages and the traditional garb of the Sheikah people. Locks of messy golden hair escaped the bright blue bandana, while feiry red eyes regarded both Link and Nyx.

"Link, it has been quite some time," the young man said, "One journey is over, an another is begun. The destiny of the Hero of Time is upon you once again."

Link slowly nodded his head, but the young man turned to gaze over Nyx. "I know much of you as well, Nyx," the young man said, "I am Sheik, the last member of the Sheikah tribes in service to the Royal Family of hyrule. I have been sent with a message... Though the Hero of Time is mighty, this destiny is not for him alone. There are things in this world even he cannot hope to overcome. Thus, you have been pulled through Time's river along with him. Know this, Nyx... You were not brought here by accident."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Nyx noticed Link's heavily red face when Dain yelled out to them. Her face was still very much as it had been before, somewhat blank and with her jaw still clenched.

"Don't worry, he's always had a weird sense of humor. With any luck we won't have to see him again."

There was a distinct sound of distaste in her voice as she mentioned Dain again. While it was true that Dain was her father, Dain wasn't dad. He never would be, and Nyx begrudged him the actions that had eventually led her to living at LonLon. While she loved LonLon, Malon like a sister and even Talon like a father; there was that shadow of what he'd done that hung heavy in Nyx's heart at the sight of him. He was happy, and so were her mother and Orin. She wished no harm on any of them, but she felt like she'd been robbed of that familial happiness that they had embraced. Jealous and angry? You bet. Willing to hurt them? Definitely not.

As Sheik jumped down from the cliff above, Nyx tugged on Oberon's reins as well; to which the horse gave a harsh snort that did not imply he was pleased. The young man looked strange, and it showed on Nyx's face when she regarded him was a puzzled expression.

"Link, it has been quite some time,""One journey is over, an another is begun. The destiny of the Hero of Time is upon you once again."

The woman looked from Sheik to Link and back again, her face clearly asking the question 'you know this guy?'

"I know much of you as well, Nyx,""I am Sheik, the last member of the Sheikah tribes in service to the Royal Family of hyrule. I have been sent with a message... Though the Hero of Time is mighty, this destiny is not for him alone. There are things in this world even he cannot hope to overcome. Thus, you have been pulled through Time's river along with him. Know this, Nyx... You were not brought here by accident."

When Sheik turned his attention to her, Nyx could not help but quirk an eyebrow at him; particularly to his message. She wasn't going to mock him to be sure, but if she was supposed to be here, then whoever picked her made a bad decision; far as she was concerned.

"Sheik, no offense intended. Really, but if I was supposed to be here with him..." Nyx briefly gestured to Link next to her. "...Then who decided? I have got to be the worst candidate for this in all of Hyrule. I have no weapon, no weaponry or fighting skills for that matter. By goddesses Sheik I can't even do simple magic tricks! I'm a farm girl, what use do I have here besides tending the horses? If what we're facing Link can't defeat on his own, what help could I even possibly offer in the slightest?"

Nyx seemed again, thoroughly confused. But she did have a good point, in that she had no weapons, no fighting experience, no experience in using any type of weaponry not including rocks. A heavy sigh escaped Nyx as she looked down, eyes closed. She suddenly had the feeling that she was far, far in over her head. Maybe she'd be better off staying in Kakariko, despite her grudge against Dain.

"I sorry Sheik, but you must have the wrong person."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Sheik didn't seem the least bit upset when Nyx argued with his words. Indeed, there seemed to be something eerily familiar about him, a calm that could not be shaken. Perhaps it was merely something of the Sheikah. For a brief moment, the young man regarded Link before turning his attention back to Nyx. "The Hero of Time was merely a boy without a fairy when his journey first began," he pointed out, "Nyx, the question is not whether you have the skill to complete your journey, but whether your heart holds the courage of a true hero. The goddesses know the answer to this, but it may yet take time for you to find the answer for yourself. As to a weapon..."

Sheik held up his hands in the air and closed his eyes, muttering the soft words of a spell. A globe of light formed above his head, and when it faded, resting in his hands was a weapon more than suited for Nyx's skills. He held the beautifully-carved bow, and the quiver full of arrows out to her. "This is the Fairy Bow," Sheik said, "It will serve you well on your journey, Nyx... And the arrows within the quiver are blessed with the sacred power of light. These are the keys to your destiny Nyx... Go forward with courage, and your destiny will reveal itself in time."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 pm

"The Hero of Time was merely a boy without a fairy when his journey first began,""Nyx, the question is not whether you have the skill to complete your journey, but whether your heart holds the courage of a true hero. The goddesses know the answer to this, but it may yet take time for you to find the answer for yourself. As to a weapon..."

Even as Sheik pointed out the fact that Link had once been a little boy without a fairy. Despite that, it didn't really make her honestly feel any better about it. She still felt as though there was nothing that she could really offer to help Link.

"This is the Fairy Bow,""It will serve you well on your journey, Nyx... And the arrows within the quiver are blessed with the sacred power of light. These are the keys to your destiny Nyx... Go forward with courage, and your destiny will reveal itself in time."

As Sheik held the bow and the quiver full of arrows out to her, she stared a moment before she leaned down to take them, holding them a moment before she looked at Sheik again then sitting up. She removed her cloak long enough to tighten the quiver strap and place the quiver of arrows securely on her back before pulling the cloak back on. Keeping the bow in her left hand, experimentally pulling on the string with her right hand. Looking at Sheik, she didn't smile and looked like she lacked confidence for this (she did to be honest). "Thank you."

Nyx turned to look at Link "So where do we have to start?"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Link let the two exchange their words for now, knowing well from experience the wisdom Sheik shared. His was a secret Link longed to share with Nyx, but Sheik had chosen to appear this way for a reason, so Link let it slide. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy run through him when Sheik handed the bow to Nyx... That bow had once been his, but if Nyx was chosen to wield it, Link knew he would definitely need her help.

It was Sheik who answered Link's question. "Your journey leads outside of the Kingdom," he said, "Nyx, you and Link must head south to the fishing pond. There is an outlet there, and a boat that will take you through a gap in the cliff walls surrounding Hyrule and the Gerudo Valley. Be safe... I will see both of you again." With that, Nyx backed away and retrieved a Deku nut from the pouch at his hip. He quickly threw it to the ground, and with a blinding flash of light, Sheik was gone as though he'd never been.

Link smiled. "Well, I guess that answers our question. Let's get going.. unless there's anything else you'd like to do before we leave Hyrule."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm

"Your journey leads outside of the Kingdom,""Nyx, you and Link must head south to the fishing pond. There is an outlet there, and a boat that will take you through a gap in the cliff walls surrounding Hyrule and the Gerudo Valley. Be safe... I will see both of you again."

The dark haired Hylian shielded her eyes as Sheik threw the deku nut down, and she felt Oberon jump a bit beneath her at the flash. Her stallion snorted, nostrils flaring in agitation.

"Well, I guess that answers our question. Let's get going.. unless there's anything else you'd like to do before we leave Hyrule."

Nyx closed her eyes, thinking about Malon and Talon. She wanted to see them again, desperately. But right now wasn't the time for that. This was more important than he personal relationships with the girl and the man that had essentially adopted her and for the most part saved her life.

"I need to find some hunting arrows. It wouldn't do for me to fire one of these light arrows at a rabbit for dinner. I want to use them when we need them."

Looking back into Kakariko, Nyx sighed again. "I highly doubt they sell any here, unless you saw some?"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Link sat for a moment, pondering everything Sheik had told him. If this destiny wasn't for him, why had he been brought forward in time? Could Zelda have gotten this one wrong? Nyx's question brought him back to the present however, and he smiled.

"As it so happens, I've bought arrows here a number of times," he said, "Wuher, the general store merchant from Castle Town Market was one of those who escaped, and he still manages to find most anything you need." He pointed up to the sign atop one of the village's eastern plateaus. "The archery game merchant might also be willing to sell you some of his arrows, so take your pick."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 am

"As it so happens, I've bought arrows here a number of times,""Wuher, the general store merchant from Castle Town Market was one of those who escaped, and he still manages to find most anything you need.""The archery game merchant might also be willing to sell you some of his arrows, so take your pick."

Nyx smiled lightly, taking note of the places that Link had pointed to. "I'll be right back." She jumped down from Oberon, sprinting in the direction of the general store, carrying the Fairy Bow the whole way. It really only took a couple of minutes for Nyx to get the arrows, along with yet another quiver, which she wore around her waist like a belt as she sprinted back Link and the horses.

Looking back over to Link, she nodded. "Okay, we're ready."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:07 am

While Link waited for Nyx, he let his mind wander, over journeys taken and friends made and lost... This village... This was Impa's village.

He didn't know the Sheikah woman well. She was Princess Zelda's bodyguard, a woman of some power and wisdom, not clasically beautiful but with the grace of a cat, and piercing blue eyes. Her bright white hair had only added to her mystique. It was no mistake, he knew, that she had been the Sage of Shadow. He wished he had her quiet wisdom to guide him now, but with Nyx along... it would have to be his wisdom that led forward. Nyx was unsure of her courage, but Link was even more unsure he had that kind of wisdom. Still, he couldn't let it show, for her sake.

As she rejoined him he offered a nod. "It will be dark soon, but I think we can make it to the fishing pond by nightfall," he mused, "Sometime over the last seven years Hyrule Field cleared up, so the good news is, no Stalchildren."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:06 am

"It will be dark soon, but I think we can make it to the fishing pond by nightfall,""Sometime over the last seven years Hyrule Field cleared up, so the good news is, no Stalchildren."

Nyx nodded lightly, tightening the quiver around her waist again as they set off.

"No Stalchildren is always a good thing. We should make it to the fishing pond by nightfall but I have to say, it doesn't make much sense to start sailing at night. We'd be risking running into something we can't see. I think it would be best for us to sleep tonight and then sail in the morning. What do you think?"

She glanced towards Link, smiling lightly. There was still that feeling of being way in over her head that hung in her chest but she was trying to be brave, she really was.

It honestly didn't take too long to reach the fences that blocked their way into Lake Hylia where the fishing hole was. Looking back to Link, Nyx blinked a moment before she grinned in a mischievous manner and let out a sharp whoop. Letting Oberon have his head, the sooty bay surged forward toward the fences and made the two high leaps with ease as Nyx leaned forward into the jumps, making the jumps easier.

Nyx couldn't help but laugh as Oberon made the second jump, her voice evident of her joy. Oberon snorted, trotting only a short distance away from the fences while Nyx turned in her saddle, grinning at the Hero of Time.

"C'mon slowpoke!"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Link chuckled as he followed after Nyx over the Hyrule Field. The whole thing was almost a race between Oberon and Epona, but too late he realized they were going they weren't headed in the right direction. "Nyx, wait you're going the wrong w-" She jumped the fences, and he had no choice but to follow.

Epona easily made the leap she had made so many times before before he pulled back her reigns to get her to stop. "What I was going to say is you're going the wrong way," he laughed, "The fishing hole is slightly to the southeast of here. Look... You're going to have to trust that I know where I'm going. This isn't the same world you left behind seven years in the past."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:42 am

Nyx didn't hear Link while they were riding to be quite honest. The sound of blood rushing in her ears combined with the wind and the sound of Oberon's pounding hooves ensured that.

"What I was going to say is you're going the wrong way,""The fishing hole is slightly to the southeast of here. Look... You're going to have to trust that I know where I'm going. This isn't the same world you left behind seven years in the past."

She laughed lightly, a quirked eyebrow raised at Hyrule's Hero of Time. Shaking her head lightly, she continued to smile while Oberon snorted.

"Link, it's a fishing hole. You do realize the main idea of a hole; right? It doesn't exactly go anywhere."

She nudged Oberon forward some more, pointing with a hunting arrow in the direction of a stone bridge that had clearly been built near the edge of Lake Hylia to facilitate traveling to the fishing hole. The Lake around it had dried up almost completely, only the deepest sections of the ground were still filled with water.

"It may not be the way you wanted to go, so we'll call it the more fun and scenic route than what you had in mind, Mr. Stick-up-my-butt."

The black haired Hylian bit her tongue between her teeth as she grinned at her green clad companion, looking for all it was worth like the cat that eaten the canary...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:14 am

Link shook his head, wondering why it was that the goddesses had seen fit to send a companion like Nyx along. As good a friend as she was, he wasn't used to working with a companion, at least... not one that didn't constantly squeak in his ear about useless things.

He nudged Epona along to follow. "We don't exactly have time to take the scenic route," he pointed out, "The more time we waste, the closer Ganondorf's forces come to releasing him from the sacred realm. It's bad enough to see what's happened to Hyrule without him here..."

Something was bothering him. That much was clear to see. He hadn't really been himself since drawing the Master Sword and starting them on this crazy adventure.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:46 am

"We don't exactly have time to take the scenic route,""The more time we waste, the closer Ganondorf's forces come to releasing him from the sacred realm. It's bad enough to see what's happened to Hyrule without him here..."

Nyx slowly drew up on Oberon's reins as she brought him to slow stop, the sooty bay below her snorting as his ears pinned backwards, reacting to the tension and hostility that was building in Nyx again; as it always had. Sitting only a few feet away from Link her face was difficult to read, a sharp contrast to the young woman that usually wore her heart on her sleeve; she seemed instead to be hiding behind a mask of silence that seemed as sharp as her words would've been. Her grip on the fairy bow had tightened to a white-knuckle grip and she seemed to be hiding the fact that she was nearly shaking in suppressing her rage. Oh how she wanted to punch Link right at that moment; the small distance she had created served her well in not doing that without getting off Oberon, dragging Link off of Epona, and then punching him full in the face.

'So if I'd asked to see Malon and Talon, it would've been a waste of time.' she thought to herself. At the very least Link had been able to see his Kokiri friends when he'd done his damned journey.

Her piercing eyes flicked above Link's head as she noticed one of the crows that often hung around Lake Hylia, and for a moment the passed through her head of: 'Screw him.' Another part of her kicked itself for that thought before she snatched a hunting arrow from her hip, notching it, and sending it flying into the flying pest. It screeched a moment before the dead thing fell to the ground, an arrow clean through it's body. She moved Oberon forward a moment, not allowing her sharp mask to fall.

"Fine. Lead the way oh Almighty Hero of Time. Since you clearly know what the hell you're doing." Aside from the false flourish that she made with her rein hand, Nyx face still appeared as it had before. She was clearly though not outwardly angry, but her voice was dripping with sarcasm and vitriol. So much so that the first two were attempting to be hiding what lay beneath; sorrow and a sense of jealousy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)   The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: the Secret of the Sages (ZEROKI PLEEEZE)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next