The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The darkness within (Zeroki/open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-04-04

The darkness within (Zeroki/open) Empty
PostSubject: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm

"You need me just as much as I need you."

Do not acknowledge him.

It was like a dungeon. Swift Storm stood before the dark spirit within him, confined deep within his inner self.

"I know you, Swift Storm, because I AM you."

I am my own, not this monster.

"I know you crave the respect of the pack. I know you labor to prove yourself, only to find your efforts are in vain. You remain left behind while your brother moves up the ranks. No one will fully respect you, not without me..."

"You are wrong."

"They fear you. But none will respect you until they see your strength. I can help you if you would only let me."

"No."

The echoing sounds of a deep growl resonated within the confines of swift Storm's inner self. The spirit was angry.

[i]You can't run from my existence. I may be locked up, but I am still a part of you. You will see...one day, you will need my strength."

This conversation was over. Without another word, Swift Storm turned away from the spirit, walking down the darkened corridor. It was time to leave...to go back to reality.

Swift Storm had sat below some snow covered trees in the forest. As was his norm most days, Swift Storm was in deep meditation, alone and separated from the pack. He was alone more often than not. No one knew the feelings and turmoil that resonated within himself, except for the spirit. It had tried to play off of Swift Storm's emotions and desires for years, hoping to break free, but Swift Storm could not allow that to happen.

But today was different. Someone was approaching...
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

-Whispering Owl-
The snows of winter were beginning to melt, turning them to a slushy substance that sort of "squished" between the Delta's toes when he walked.

He sighed heavily, his strong shoulders rising and falling with the action. Thinking on his family always put the pale Delta in a melancholy mood. There was no way around it, their family was simply broken. Shining Skybird was aging, Twilight was without her entire family, and Whispering Owl and Swift Storm were about as far apart as brothers could possibly be.

The Delta's efforts to try and rein together the last three members of his bloodline into some sort of pseudo-mock-family were failing. Whispering Owl and Swift Storm simply did not have anywhere near a good enough relationship with each other to even attempt anything of the sort. Not to mention Twilight didn't often want others even around her; that complicated things evermore.

Whispering Owl's large white paws stepped carefully, slowly; as he came upon his brother. He'd never meant to leave him behind, both in rank and relationship. It had simply happened when Whispering Owl was all but thrust into the position of Delta after the death of Cold Mountain; mostly for his tactical mind that was good at winning fights and hunts.

He wanted to talk to his brother, mostly to apologize for the things that while he hadn't intended to do, ended up happening anyways. The white and orange wolf was quiet for a moment, not really wanting to disturb his brother. Though he felt they really needed to talk. Maybe it would be good for them and they could try to forge something akin to civility between each other. Though Swift Storm never seemed to so much as acknowledge Whispering Owl to be honest; something that he had (sadly) become accustomed to.

"Swift Storm...Can we talk?"

His voice was actually rather quiet, something that was out of character for him. It wasn't unusual to hear Whispering Owl with a louder voice, commanding the soldiers that he trained...

Last edited by Zeroki on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Swift Storm's ears perked at the sound of Whispering Owl's voice. His chest puffed out as he inhaled a deep breath, then deflated as he slowly let the air out. His cold blue eyes slowly opened to see the world around him again, before turning his gaze over to Whispering Owl. The eyes of Swift Storm were hard and cold; there was no warmth and compassion. They told the story of a wolf who had yearned for acceptance in his youth, but never fully received it. It was a complicated web of rejection and sorrow, followed by hurt and anger, which led to strong will and determination. In that process, he had become guarded, never showing what he felt deep within himself.

"What is it?"

Swift Storm was not being crass, but it was not like his brother to just stop by to make small talk. Swift Storm held no resentment toward Whispering Owl...he was, after all, family. Yet his brother's quick wit and strategic abilities, along with his ability to fight, had gotten him noticed. Swift Storm was no weakling either, he had, after all, dedicated his life to becoming faster, stronger, and more powerful. The difference between them, was that Swift Storm struggled to be noticed. While this had caused anger and anguish earlier in his life, it now made him more determined. He would prove himself...it was just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 pm

-Whispering Owl-
The large white and orange wolf sat down, his muscles rolling beneath his thick, healthy pelt. (Which would soon begin shedding for summer and make him look like a a skinnier version of himself.

His blue eyes watched Swift Storm for a moment, heard the tone of his younger brother's voice, the look in his eyes, his overall demeanor. How Whispering Owl wished things could have been different. If only he could go back and change everything. If only...

"I came to talk to you about..." the delta paused and sighed as he thought over his next words carefully, not wanting this to go south. "I mostly came to apologize to you, Swift Storm; for everything that I've done, and even the things that I didn't mean to happen but did anyways."

With everything in his body, Whispering Owl hoped that Swift Storm would not reject him here, considering this was as close to spilling his guts as the white and orange delta would ever get.

"I never meant to leave you behind. I just...when Cold Mountain died, I was best pick to replace him. I admit I don't mind that job but I really did not mean to leave you behind, Swift Storm. I got swept up in the job, and I'm sorry for that."
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Swift Storm never broke his gaze from Whispering Owl as he gave his apology. His gaze and demeanor was unfaltering as he listened to his brother's words. While he understood where Whispering Owl was coming from, his perception of the situation was...not entirely accurate. Or at the very least, he wasn't letting on to what he also knew to be true.

Swift Storm only looked back to his forward position once Whispering Owl had finished. For a moment, it seemed as though Swift Storm was deep in thought, but his expression never changed.

"Your apology is...unwarranted. I bear no resentment toward you for advancing up to Delta, nor for consuming yourself with the responsibilities."

Swift Storm then looked back to Whispering Owl, but there was still little expression to give away what little bit of feelings lingered down deep inside himself.

"You of everyone should know the real reason why. You should remember all the side gazes, the back turning...the fear. It is because of the thing inside me; that despite being locked up, I myself am associated as one with it. Fear can be a powerful tool for control, and there is not much to make me disbelieve that it is not the reason why I am where I am."

"But...you deserve the position you have."

The last words were Swift Storm's attempt at saying something nice toward his brother. He knew Whispering Owl was a strong and capable fighter. But, Swift Storm also knew that his remaining stagnant in the pack was not due to his own lack of skill and capabilities...or at least, there was very little to point to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

((Bump...not much of one, but still a bump. Hello???))
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:07 am

Whispering Owl listened to his brother, his face showing a sense of concern. Swift Storm was right, the reason why his brother was where he was. His ears moved backward a moment as he thought to himself. Smiling a moment when his brother complimented him, though the smile didn't reach his eyes. His lips pursed a bit as he thought a bit more, before he looked back to his brother; pale blue eyes bright as a broad smile crossed the elder brother's face.

"I'll help you, Swift Storm! I'll help you get to where you want to go!"

The delta stood, his muscles rippling beneath his white pelt before he stepped closer to his little brother. "And the soldiers can kiss my furry rear end! I'll help you."

OOC: My god, it's short I'm so sorry NewDawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The darkness within (Zeroki/open)   The darkness within (Zeroki/open) Empty

Back to top Go down

The darkness within (Zeroki/open)
Page 1 of 1