The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spirit Link and Healer Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Spirit Link and Healer Training Empty
PostSubject: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 6:13 pm

ooc: trying to get things moving with multiple threads

Swift Cloud and Shooting Star had been asked by Shining Sun to tell their new apprentinces to meet them here, to begin learning their new craft and about the pack. Shining Sun herself was here too, in the shadows, her pregnancy just beginning to show. All that was on her mind was the two new wolves, she had pushed the idea of her future pups of out her mind for now. In the open were Shooting Star and Swift Cloud chatting under their breath about, what else? The future pups. They were the packs first for a while, and would certainly change the future of the pack. The sun was obscured by clouds, making it pleasant enough for them to stay out of the shade as well as they waited for their apprentinces to arrive and the unpleasent knowledge that Shining Sun was watched so carefully.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 pm

RabbitFoot made her way to the clearing as quickly as her petite paws could carry her. Her leg had nearly healed up, but she still had to limp, lest it become injured again. Her tail wagged slightly; she was rather excited to begin training. Starting a new life would be good therapy after her old pack perished in that terrible fire...
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 1:00 am

Swift Cloud said quickly to Shooting Star "I'll see you later" before walking over to Rabbitfoot.
"Come on, follow me. First of all, what is your name? I am Swift Cloud, and whatever your title in you last pack, or what your healer was called, you are a healers apprentice now. Do you know what a healer does?"
Swift Cloud wanted to learn as much about her new apprentice as possible.

In the meantime, Shining Sun watched them go, as well as Shooting Star as she eagerly awaited her own apprentice to show up.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 7:00 pm

RabbitFoot followed Swift Cloud, a quizzical expression on her face. "My name is RabbitFoot, formerly known as Clover. I was a Scout in my former pack, but, a healer's apprentice I am now. And...as for what a healer does, they take care of sick and injured members of the pack...right?" She sat down in front of the older wolf, tail wagging slightly. Excitable pup, she was.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Swift Cloud looked around casually, making sure they were alone, away from the distracting presence of the alphess before speaking.
She turned with a smile to her apprentince.
"Yes, thats right Rabbitfoot. They also take care of any needs of the the elders, and assist at births..which you will be doing for the alphess's future puppies." She said.
"Now..we are going to walk through the woods and i would like you to tell me if there are any plants you recognize, and if you know any uses for them, all the better!" She said with a reassuring smile. "Now come on...follow me." She stood up and led the way deeper into the woods.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 4:54 pm

"...I'll be assisting in a birth?" she asked, rather nervously. She quickly shook off the notion as she continued to listen. "Look at plants; will do, Captain," she yipped as she followed.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 6:34 pm

Swift Cloud chuckled. "You'll be ready by then, not anytime soon. And really if you must call me anything but Swift Cloud, Mentor will do. Black Thorn is more of a 'Captain'. "

She pointed out a few plants she spotted, poppies one of them, and asked her to name the uses. She also asked Rabbitfoot if she knew anything about the uses of moss.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:33 pm

"Hm...well...I used to know what that was used for," she murmured, "...I really did. It's slipping my mind though..the last time I've ever even saw these plants was about two months ago..." She knew those were all excuses, but she had to be honest; she didn't know.

(I honestly have no idea how those are used...so...yeah; my naivete goes to my characters as well).
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 9:04 pm

ooc: lol, no prob. i THINK i know...someone please correct me if i'm wrong >_<
bic:

Swift Cloud smilied. "Don't worry about it. Poppies give us poppy seeds, which can be used to help numb pain. We usually only use them if a wolf is wounded or giving birth. "

She paused a moment before continuing.
"Moss can be used as a bedding in the winter, or for a pregrant wolf or one with puppies. It is also used as a bedding during births. "

"Its ok if you don't know much...just try to learn!" She told Rabbitfoot with a grin.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:33 pm

"Oh...thank Goodness," she replied, sighing in relief, "That took a bit of weigh off my shoulders. Okay; what's the next plant?" She sounded now like an eager student, yearning for knowledge. Any teacher's dream, I say.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 7:26 pm

Swift Cloud grinned. This apprenticeship would be wonderful by the looks of it.
She glanced around for a particularly helpful plant, and spotted something else.

She quickly walked over to the clump of berries she had spotted and shivered at the sight. "Rabbitfoot..." she said "Have you ever heard of these?" She asked, motioning to the Yew or deathberries.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 3:11 pm

"...now those I know," she replied, in a soft, wary tone, "Those can kill, right?" She could recognize those anywhere; a particulary vengeful wolf, who was upset about a bear taking his kill, littered the corpse of a deer with yew berries. The bear was dead within a day. She witnessed the bear's last breathes, and was haunted by it to this day.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 7:15 pm

Swift Cloud could tell by her reaction she had seen the berries in use.
"Yes...they are called yew, or deathberries. A small amount is as bad as any poison, but too many is fatal. If they are eaten by accident however, there are a few things that can be used to help get the poisionous things out of a wolf's body. One of them is yarrow. Juniper berries might help too, they are one of a few things that help both calm a wolf down and help a bellyache. Another poisionous plant to watch out for is Nightshade..i'll point it out some time...."
Swift Cloud was enjoying herself..it'd been a while since she had had someone new to talk to about medicines.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 12:45 pm

"Ah...I'll have to remember those..." she replied softly, "Just in case there are any more bears to save..." She hoped that her tutor did not hear the last part of her statement, but, if she did, she would just have to tell her anyways.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 2:18 pm

Swift Cloud barely heard the last bit, but ignored it. Rabbitfoots past was her own, unless it affected this pack, it wouldn't matter anyway.
"Ok Rabbitfoot, lets go back so i can show you what i usually keep in my cave."
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 4:58 pm

"...you have a cave?" she asked, excitement in her voice. The Medicine Wolf of her old pack had a cave...she didn't think any others did too. "That is cooler than an icicle in January," she said happily, "All I had to sleep in was a small hole in the ground, let alone a cave."
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Swift Cloud raised an eyebrow with a smile. "Really? Everyone has a cave here, we made sure there was somewhere in the territory to sleep. Its actually multiple caves, enough for a growing pack. All of it is in one large chamber though, mine is one of the ones closest to the entrance. I usually sleep in one next to where i store my medicines though. The ones closest to the entrance are mine, the Spirit-Link's, and the alphas. Then the Delta's, and pupsitters. After that everyone gets their choice, but a cave is usually held beside each of the high positions for their apprentice, so you will be two caves over from the medicine cave and next to mine. "
When she had finished they had reached the caves, and she led her inside. The medicine cave had rocky walls, perfect for storing things, and a moss covered floor. There was also a small pool of water in a space in the back.
"The moss often needs to be changed, especially as it gets closer to the alphess's birthing, her pups can't be born on dirty moss. Thats another reason i usually only go in here when i have to. "
Swift Cloud looked around before saying to Rabbitfoot "Well, what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 2:29 pm

"...woah..." RabbitFoot gasped, "So I have my own chamber...that's awesome." She followed her tutor, scanning over the medicine storage cave. "...moss, huh? So she'll have her pups here?"
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 1:32 pm

"Yes...is there anything else before i show you where your chamber is?
Swift Cloud asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 10:31 pm

"Nothing else," she replied, her tail wagging wildly. This was all too much for the wee female wolf.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Chuckling, Swift Cloud led Rabbitfoot out of the cave, then past her own. In Swift Cloud's the floor was covered in moss, and a few extra medicinal supplies were on a few places in the walls.
Then there was Rabbitfoot's chamber. Most of the caves were about the same size, so hers was slightly smaller then Swift Cloud's.
"Well, here's your cave. I know its empty now, but you can go out and get moss. If you'd like to now, i can find someone to help you..."
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 7:42 pm

"Ah, It's alright," RabbitFoot chuckled, "It's my cave, as you said, so I'll get the moss myself." She started off, but then stopping. "Where do you find moss around here?"
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 9:50 pm

With a laugh Swif t Cloud simply said "North side of the trees. Where else? Don't worry about it, howl if you need help. Some one will come. Ok, well, i'm going to go check on the alphess. Whether or not she likes it, i have to check her health throughout her pregnancy..." the medicine wolf rolled her eyes a bit, then said "Well, i'll leave you to that, alright?"

ooc: any reason you'd specifically like to continue this thread? I posted the one for SS's pups..they are LONG overdue. XD i'd like Rabbitfoot there, pretend a long time passed lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link and Healer Training   Spirit Link and Healer Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirit Link and Healer Training
Page 1 of 1