The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Computer runs slower then normal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Computer runs slower then normal Empty
PostSubject: Computer runs slower then normal   Computer runs slower then normal EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:04 am

Q:
Lately, I've noticed that my computer has started to run a lot slower than usual. I didn't really do anything different, so I'm not sure what could be going on. Do you have any suggestions for me?

A:

I'm glad you asked this question, because we haven't run a tip on this in awhile and this is always the perfect refresher for everyone. If your system seems to be running sluggishly, the main cause is usually the extra programs that may be running in the background on your system.

Computer runs slower then normal Cartoon
Image provided by Google Images

Before you go and do what that guy is going to do, let's delve into this a little more and fix your problem, shall we?!

When your computer is slowing down, it usually means that you require more memory. Instead of adding more memory, you can easily remove programs and stop them from consuming all of it. The easiest way of doing this is by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del and then clicking the Processes tab.

This window will show exactly how much memory each program is using. You can click the End Process button to close any program you don't think you need running. Just be careful, you may not want to close any program running under the name of “System,” because you might shut down something that Windows needs to operate correctly.

Instead of closing all of these programs every time you turn on your computer, you could use the msconfig command to stop them for good. Go to Start, Run and type in “msconfig.” Click the StartUp tab. You can then uncheck the programs that you do not want to run right when your computer starts and then click OK. However, you need to be careful again to not uncheck any programs that are required for Windows to work.

For more on fixing sluggish system questions, read this tip for additional help.

~ Jack William
Back to top Go down

Computer runs slower then normal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: Outsiders' Interests :: Human Technologies-
Jump to: