The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IE 8 is a SlowPoke

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

IE 8 is a SlowPoke Empty
PostSubject: IE 8 is a SlowPoke   IE 8 is a SlowPoke EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:58 am

IE 8 is a SlowPoke
Has anyone else out there noticed that Internet Explorer 8 is a little on the poky side? I'm just so used to Firefox zinging into action so fast, that when I load up IE8 to test something it feels like a decade before the first site loads!

So, I was trolling the Internet looking around for some possible solutions and found this one I'd like to share with all of you. We're just going to manually register a DLL file that should have been registered during the IE 8 installation.

This may work for some of you and may not for others, so keep that in mind before you shoot a bunch of ill-spirited e-mails at me. Wink

In Windows XP, go to Start> Run and type “cmd” minus the quotes then hit Enter.

For Vista, just type “cmd”, minus the quotes into the search bar. You'll want to right-click the cmd icon that appears above and choose “Run as Administrator”.

In the Command Window you'll want to enter this text verbatim:

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

If it says it's an “Unrecognized Command” check to see that you've spelled everything correctly and that there is a space in between the phrases.

If done right, you should see the message that looks like this:

IE 8 is a SlowPoke Resvr32_message

Restart your computer, and that should be it!

~Andrew
Back to top Go down

IE 8 is a SlowPoke
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: Outsiders' Interests :: Human Technologies-
Jump to: