The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're truly dead now, aren't we?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

We're truly dead now, aren't we? Empty
PostSubject: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Just popping in after being grappled down by school and life and other such unpleasant things.

Truth be told, I don't know why I'm posting here again, maybe I'm just wanting to reminisce or try to jump back into roleplay or something.

I dunno.

Respond if you're still here.

Or even if you just stalk.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello Zeroki, long time not seen.

I don't know if we are dead, or just merely frozen in time. But this place (and others) has taken its toll on that of the real world.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:49 pm

It's been....a very long time since I've been here.
I'll be honest, I believe that yes...we are truly dead now. There's...what...half a handful of us. If that? Truthfully, the only reason I came to the forum was out of curiosity...and maybe something akin to homesickness. Really....I think I've accepted the fact by now that The Black Mountain Saga has had its rise and fall. I've been working on other roleplay forum ideas, had one going for a few weeks but then it got mysteriously deleted. Now I'm toying with the idea of a true-blue ice age era roleplay. Mammoths, american lions, dire wolves, etc. Trying to get interest from other roleplay forums on it, have a few that like the idea but then I'm only on one roleplaying forum right now. I'm still on deviantart and you can watch me as Meoquanee-xx there.
I think that it's time to let The Black Mountain Saga rest in peace...and I can hope that those few most dedicated of you that checked back in after all this time will support me in creating the rise of another exciting and enjoyable roleplay forum. Watch me on deviantart, for though I won't be outrightly advertising the creation of a new forum on there (for reasons I can Note you on there, if you are curious as to why), I will keep in touch via Devart and we can stick together.
I love you all, and miss each on of you so much. I miss chatting with you, roleplaying with you, I miss everything about you guys.
Again, you can find me at http://meoquanee-xx.deviantart.com
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:19 am

Although most of us have gotten to the point in our lives where we no longer have the time to dedicate to the TBMS roleplay, I know that the Black Mountain Saga will always have a special place in all of our hearts, and though I did not originate the idea, I still have every intention of (and Meo, I would greatly appreciate your backing on this) going forward with the idea of a novelization of the story. While Avadedra and I are currently working on our own book series, this is still a story which very much deserves to be, and will be told in time. Characters' names will be changed, yes. But the story will always live on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:44 pm

UPDATE: Nocturne contacted me a couple of weeks ago and we're continuing the comic. I just sent her a bunch of script for it. We hope to regain interest in TBMS, I've put the comic up on another active rp site that I'm on. Here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Meo,
Avadedra and I are going to work on rebooting the Saga, with a new look to the forum and a new storyline. Feel free to continue work on the comic of course, but the new story won't feature any of the characters we had left, save one or two of mine for continuity's sake. That'll allow for returning members to start fresh, and more room for new members to come in at an earlier point in the story.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:16 pm

None of the characters that we had? So, I can't play an old grumpy elder Saeros? Or an elder Storm Raven? And what about pups that were going to be born before we died but didn't really happen?
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm

The reason I want to remove the new story a generation or two from the old one is to give us a fresh start and to allow room for new players to join. Saeros and Storm Raven may still be referenced, or even played in some sort of flashback RP, but the current story won't involve anyone who was an adult in the previous generation.

As for the pups who had yet to be born, they're perfectly welcome to be a part of the story, provided we can find players for them and don't get everyone too tight-knight and entangled again.

Pups who were just that may also be brought back as older adults or elders. I do know, Zero, that I'd like the opportunity to put together descendants for Storm Raven and Cold Mountain, however. They deserve a legacy. LOL
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:41 pm

We did have the pups and whatnot put together and even had roleplayers for them. However, the pups were never born because the forum slowed down and then died before we do as such. Saeros and Kerridwen also had pups lined up and ready to go, but were not born yet for the same reason above. Nocturne and I have images of them, and I know I still have images of Cold Mountain and Storm Raven's pups even after transferring everything to my new laptop.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Pups are perfectly welcome to be adults/older adults. Smile Let's just try not to overpopulate the board with them before we're up and running.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Got a question, would we be able to set up a forum on the board where if those of us who had characters that we can no longer play in the current roleplay can sort of back-play? Like if you and I wanted to play out Storm Raven and Cold Mountain raising their kids and whatnot, we would we?

Kinda like the "If Only..." thread that was based around StrongBoulder/FireWind and Ceres/BrokenLight but only in a separate forum.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 am

One more question, if you'd be so kind FireStorm, and for anyone else....

(I feel so stupid asking this, but I'm curious....)

What do you guys think of this character I drafted out awhile ago...? Created him before the forum went dead, but never uploaded a picture of him or even posted about him. Wanted to ask....?

http://zerokiwolf.deviantart.com/art/New-Character-Corvus-204949207

Okay, I'll shut up now.

*scuttles away*
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:38 am

Hmm... interesting idea Zeroki. Only wouldn't that than make the old league of rpers, that they are then going to play more in the past then in the future rp's? (when the reboot is completed)

Self I had hoped that i could make Kotie grow here, not that he came into the Life of the TTPP (The Tall Pines Pack) and just died from old age. Without knowing if he found a mate and even had gotten pups. My point, i am back at square one, with creating a character(s) Same applies for the pup he saved and adopted. Only he could be an Elder by now.

The drawing of your new char, is a very nice one. Smile

I can see a bit of myself in it. Also very interesting is that part of that he knows things that others don't. He could become a Fortune Teller in the pack (new rank) The question remains if the others accept that.

*charges playfully Zeroki, from out of nowhere and trying to pin her down, before she gets away* Where did you wanted to go to?

Last edited by kotelinie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signature disabled)
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:08 pm

*grins sheepishly at Kotie* Nowhere, I suppose.

But regarding my idea, I was thinking more along the lines of a forum for the past roleplays that people either really want to play out (pups, births, deaths, etc) but not day-to-day life. Because we all love the characters we have already created, and maybe we don't necessarily want to have to just invent the major events of their histories without them in a sense, having actually lived them.

I would be very fine with not roleplaying Storm Raven and Saeros in the new roleplay, but take my character Corvus up there for example. When I created him before the board died out, he was going to be tied in with Storm Raven and her son Rising Moon/Black Stag. He was going to be introduced as a pup, not an older wolf. And while we need the reboot and whatnot, I would kill (absolutely love) to be able to play out the interaction between Corvus, Storm Raven, Rising Moon, and even Stone Fur.

((Spoilers))
And as to the knowing things that others don't, I should rephrase that. He knows certains about others that he shouldn't, given his age and new-ness to the pack. I had meant for Corvus for a long time to be Night Owl's re-incarnation. The information that he shouldn't know comes from quick flashbacks of his previous life and dreams of other events but Corvus himself doesn't understand why he knows what he knows, he just simply does. Storm Raven would eventually learn why Corvus knows what he does (A visit to a spiritual would answer that after a visit to a healer *cough*Stone Fur*cough*.)

But Corvus himself is not Night Owl, he will not act like him and he will not be him. He really only has gets quick flashbacks to his previous life, of which Corvus has no memory. He'll get faces, some names, and the emotions associated with said previous memories.

Take for example, if (and this was planned) Corvus and Storm Raven met. Corvus would see her, her face would seem familiar him, know her name, and be very glad to see her, but Corvus himself doesn't know why this is. He'll simply feel comfortable around Storm Raven. And we all know Storm Raven, she's too much of a softy to ignore a puppy anyways especially since at this point, she was to have pups of her own as well. (Rising Moon, Silver River, and Black Ear.) To her, Corvus would seem strange, but familiar in a good way and she ultimately wouldn't ignore him. She's too sweet to do that.

Anyways, look at Corvus' eyes, they are orange. I have no other characters with orange eyes except Night Owl.

Okay, going to shut up now.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:14 pm

*Chuckles with a smile then gets off her, so she can get up and away, if she wanted.*

I see the direction you want to go to. For that of the board (new one, or a subsection here, in the packs area named "History" or something in that direction). I leave to Firestorm and his crew to decide.

For me it sounds great, so that you get an opportunity to finish those unfinished rps. Or for those you had in the pipe line, to play.

Ahh.. Its sounds now like a sort of déjà vu, for that, what Corvus experiences. Only then that it came from an other wolf. Who he never had met in person.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:23 am

Like I said, I would love to be able to wrap up some of my loose ends before moving onto the next generation (or the one after that, for that matter)

Yes! That is what I had meant for Corvus to experience as his reincarnation of Night Owl. He basically gets déjà vu off of some of Night Owl's memories. He'll of course, have nightmares of the war and Night Owl's death instead of flashbacks or even dreams. But Corvus, hasn't lived Night Owl's life, so he doesn't understand what he is seeing.

I imagine at some point in time, Corvus and Night Owl will meet....somehow. Perhaps in a dream, and Night Owl can explain everything to him so he can understand why he is seeing what he is seeing, feeling, and how he knows information about the wolves that were closest to Night Owl.

But like I said, Corvus will not be Night Owl, he will not act like him because he will not have lived Night Owl's life in full. Am I the only one that really likes the concept of this character? Maybe it's just me....
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:34 am

It's not just you Zeroki, I really like the concept of Corvus too.

I haven't seen any other board members yet here. Perhaps too busy with other things. So lets wait a bit, before drawing the conclusion of that it is a bad idea.

I think hat others shall like it also to have some place, where they can finish those rps. Just give me the word and i build a spare room here for that place. (got the admin powers, so that i can help Firestorm and or Ava out with problems.)

Last edited by kotelinie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signature disabled)
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Oooooh, I want that room! Screw the reboot! *whines* when is Firestorm gonna be back?

*whines piteously*
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 am

hahaha. Any idea on how to name that room and where to place it? *passes a hankie to Zeroki*

Uhmm.... No idea, for when he comes to the board, but i can poke him on yahoo, when i see him.

*Hears the whine begging.* For the rest everything ok?
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Sorry. Work's kept me busy the past few days but I finally have a couple days off.

Anyway, Zero, I don't see why we can't create a room like that. It wouldn't be as dependant on having as many of the older folks here and can simply focus on characters we know and love. At the same time, however, I don't want the focus to be there as it will be on the new generation of the RP. History shouldn't overtake the present, if you take my meaning. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Yay! Firestorm approves! Whoo-hoo! We can still play some of our old characters! *grabs Kotie and dances*

I do agree that the new generation of RP should be the focus but that particular room could be used to even play out backgrounds for characters should they be originating from the previous generation somehow. I actually was actually going to be playing 3 different pups before we died off. I was to play Whispering Owl/White Night (Howlite/Shining Skybird), Twilight (Saeros/Kerridwen), and Rising Moon/Black Stag (Cold Mountain/Storm Raven) And of course, now Corvus too.

Speaking of which, Firestorm, whaddya think of the concept of Corvus up there?
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm

iiiekss.. *is suddenly grabbed for a dance and dances with her*

At least that is some wonderful news! That we don't have to ditch all our chars just yet.

If just Mercury or any other player / member who has a char in The Tall Pines pack, i would be happy. Of course having the leader back would be great.

Firestorm, I posted a message in The Barking Chain, about recovering deleted posts.

Zeroki, I shall look tomorrow into it, for the room. As I am now too tired to work on it.

Title: "Old Generation Stories"?
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 pm

As for the title, maybe:

"Paths Long Ago Walked"
"Trails Long Trodden"
"Aged Forest"
"Bygone Times"
"Days of Yore" (since we are going to be actively played 1-2 generations ahead, there would be stories and whatnot)

"The Gazing Stream" (Technically, we are taking a look into the past....)
"Ancient Words"
"Legends of An Age"

"The Days Behind Us"
"Howls of History"

I personally like Howls of History. But that is just me.

In regards to the deleted posts, I know that admins can get back deleted posts on ezboard/yuku. However, the ezboard/yuku board that we were at once has been deleted (or at least, Google Chrome can't find it.) and the FreeForums.org that we were at last I think has been deleted for inactivity. I checked WolfWeb2, which is where we first first started in the beginning and they have been deleted too.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:42 am

They are all lovely titles

The last one is catchy, as it is about wolves. Let's try a vote for it?
That of the "Legends of an Age" can also... *pulls out an poll*

ezboard/yuku has deleted boards that where inactive, so that that space could be used for something new. Sorry to hear that also the other boards we used to have are vaporized... Does any of us have some of those roleplays in a text document? as a sort of private backup, and to work offline you're posts in?

I have here the link for how on how the backup works on.
http://help.forumotion.com/t64905-how-does-a-backup-work

A Note: Only the forum founder can do it. (I had a board, made for a game. but now deleted it, as we don't play it anymore.) But if i log into it with my own information i get the controls for that board, not this one. So only the maker of the board can do the backups!

EDIT:
Here is the Poll: https://thewhiteridgesaga.forumotion.com/t439-voting-for-a-room-name#3908

Last edited by kotelinie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signature disabled)
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 am

And Firestorm! Speaking of Storm Raven and Cold Mountain's puppies! I found the image! Finally!

We're truly dead now, aren't we? SRandCMsPups2

I even remember who was going to play each pup!

Rising Moon- Zeroki
Silver River- Imara
Black Ear- Firestorm

And then we'd add in Corvus, who would actually be younger than all of them by about 2 months or so. You know that Storm Raven would adopt him, and that she'd kick Cold Mountain's arse if he tried to object.

And KOTIE!
I finally found the link for our previous forum, before we moved to freeforums, the one from yuku! (My link was broken because it was still the Ezboard link.)

http://theblackmountainsaga.yuku.com/

There you go! We still have the battle in there and quite a few events at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're truly dead now, aren't we?   We're truly dead now, aren't we? Empty

Back to top Go down

We're truly dead now, aren't we?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next