The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Traveler form the SB Forums

Go down 
+2
FireStormWarning
shatteredecho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shatteredecho
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-03-02

New Traveler form the SB Forums Empty
PostSubject: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi, I'm new her, lead to this place by Meoquanee, though she is known as Bee on the SilverBlood Requiem forums (I'm known by ShatteredEcho there as well). You are all welcome to just call me Echo, as ShatteredEcho is a very long name. I don't necessarily have a character planned out yet, I was hoping that people would be able to tell me more about how the place works before I just jump in. Not necessarily the rules, just how everything within the packs and of joining works, as well as how the clans differ from each other.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi Echo! Name's Firestorm, TBMS co-founder. On behalf of the alphas, and the entire pack, allow me to extend an official Welcome! to you!

Whatever questions you have, Meoquanee and I would be more than happy to answer them. Do you have any specific queries, or are you looking for more of a general guideline as to how things work?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 am

Hi. I am Zandalen but you can call me Zan or Meg. I have join recently (Last December) as well. I am sure that Meo, Zeroki and FireStorm will be happy to help.^^
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey Echo! I'm psyched you came! 8DD Like FS said, just throw any questions at us and we'll answer them ^^
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome there Echo! If you need help with anything, shoot any of us the questions. If you need help with a character, don't hesitate to shoot me a line. (I'd like to think that I'm pretty good with character creation but others could say otherwise.)

Finally, welcome to the Black Mountain Saga!
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:07 am

Hello Echo, welcome to the club and board of the pack! Enjoy your stay here. Feel free to poke me for any questions you have.

I'm the local Dutchy here, who has an avid knowledge on the technical side of computers. So if you have a problem in that area, don't hesitate to bother me with it.

As last, take the time to settle down here and start playing. Oh, i am Kotie by the way. you can call me that.
Back to top Go down
shatteredecho
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi everybody, and thank you for all the welcomings! As for the question I posed, I was really looking for a tour and how the packs work, so to speak. As soon as I get my bearings, I'll start with creating a character to RP (I already have a basic visual design) but I wouldn't mind suggestions from other people as to what said wolf should be like, I think it helps me create characters that are less mary-suish. And again, thank you all for being so welcoming!

EDIT: Also, I can't find the character sheet thing for creating characters. If someone could post a link or something that would be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Actually I'm getting ready to post up a new character profile sheet, one you may recognize, Echo ;D Blaze gave me permission to use SB's profile outline since it's so awesome and all (edited to fit TBMS of course). I"ll pm you with a link when I'm done Smile.

As for a tour, I'll give you a quick run through ^^

The Barking Chain is our information board. There's lists of other animals in the area, medicinal herbs, visuals of wolven body language, etc etc.

Yips, Howls, Woofs n' Growls is obviously our General Chat board and introduction area :3

Raise a Paw is where you go mainly if you want to make a poll, but you can also use it to post a question but it's okay to ask a question in Y,H,W n' G too.

Developer's Corner is Avadedra Hetarra's (our designer) little 'office' so to speak :3.

The Legend's Den is where you go to post your artworks, stories, etc ^^

Other Forests is our advertising area

Human Technologies is Kotie's little 'office' space xD

Character Profiles for Wolves speaks for itself :3 post your new character profiles there. We do it differently here than in SB atm though I'd like to change to their way of doing things...but the idea hasn't caught on so we're still doing it the old way. Things are mostly done (or not done) by how the community as a whole votes on it :3. But when we make profiles we just create a single thread for all of our characters (Example, my thread just says Meo's wolves and within it is all of my character profiles). When you add a new character just edit the thread title to get our attention (or just PM an administrator) to get approved. Your character has to be approved before placing him/her into rp.

Old char sheets no longer active are your characters who are inactive or dead.

Character profiles for Cougars is the same as wolves. Avadedra runs the Cougar society and it's still in it's very infant stages :3.

Projects is where we organize plot ideas, mainly only staff uses this board.

Character Art....well I'm not sure why we have this as essentially it's just another Legend's Den. I've brought up the question as to why we have it but nothing has been done about it and as I don't have my administrative powers I can't do anything about it myself so...it's there.

The Black Mountain Packlands is self explanatory and the pack that I created. It's the territory (and camp) forum for TBMP. TBMP is a sort of 'darker' pack. Not evil, but not goody by any means. You can find info on TBMP in the The Black Mountain Packlands forum in the stickied thread titled TBMP Stats.

The Swift River Clan Lands is the same thing but that Firestorm created, but they are a sort of 'lighter' pack. Same goes for them :3

The Cougar Clan is Avadedra's creation and is still in its infant stages P:

The Rising Sun Forest is neutral grounds. When/if we get many more members to the forum other neutral lands will be established to expand the playing area.

Legends of an Age is for us to rp characters from the past...kind of like AU in Silverblood.

After the Fall is a fantasy rp that..honestly I know nothing about how it works o-o One of our old members made it and we allowed him a little section for it but unfortunately it seems that player has gone and the rp has died...

General RP is an rp area for anything and everything Very Happy

After that is administrator accessible areas only :3 The Mountain in the Sky is where we archive old threads.
Back to top Go down
shatteredecho
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah, the SB character profile sheet is one of the best I've seen, and I've seen a lot.

Also, I would like a rundown on how the packs work and such, I went to the pack websites but felt kinda lost... I'm more wondering how you would join a pack, and if there is a thread detailing wolf pup litters that are coming up soon, as I tend to like to RP with newborn characters so that my character doesn't look stupid for bot knowing whats going on (that happened to me on another forum, one that I coincidentally never went back to).
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:14 pm

For joining a pack, you just can make a post that the wolf in question got lost from a hunt, exploring, got banished from a pack and after a long journey ended up at their borders. Or followed some random pray, got it killed inside their borders. (my last rp post in TBMP is about that) How he gets out of that, i have no idea.

For having a pup or adult wolf already being a member on of the pack, should be no problem, and you can say that his or her parents died of illness, a hunting accident, or ran into trouble what got them killed, injured, or what not.

Pup adoption is also possible, just contact a person whoes wolf is pregnant and is about to deliver some pups.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Well the pack websites are highly outdated. I'm actually making a new one for TBMP but I haven't worked on it in weeks >< I keep forgetting about it xD

Go here > https://thewhiteridgesaga.forumotion.com/t484-the-black-mountain-pack-stats It has all the info you need :3
But, to answer your questions, to join a pack you can 1: Make a character profile, and have that character as if he/she were always part of the pack or 2: Just have them join at the borders. To do that just post in the territory of the pack you want to join and have them howl for an Alpha :3 someone will reply ^^.
As for litters, I don't think there are any coming up....well CrystalStream and OceanStorm in The Swift River Clan have a litter about to be born and I don't think they have players for all for all of the pups Smile ask Zeroki ^^ I'm playing a pup from that litter :3. Otherwise right now I there are no other upcoming litters.
But that is a good idea to have, a forum/thread for expectant mothers in need of pup players :3
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Preferably, new members will join at the borders, given that most of the packs' characters are already established, although they can also be born in. Smile It's just the easiest way for a new member to do things.
Back to top Go down
shatteredecho
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh, ok then, thanks. I would also like to know the boards policy on random powers for wolves (not that I'm giving my wolf any; I just though it would be nice to know). Also, I think I just may have an older pup join at the border, and I'm thinking about possibly making a cougar character... Also, what region/ species of wolf are we roleplaying as?

Also, sorry for taking so long, I would have gotten on sooner, but the few times I could get on the computer, the internet became too distracting.

EDIT: here is a link to all the wolf subspecies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subspecies_of_Canis_lupus

Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

As far as powers are concerned it depends largely on what they are and how they figure into the story. Dusk Owl, for example, was born with an eidetic memory. That is, she never forgets anything, down to the last detail. It's also known as perfect recall, and though we have a scientific explanation for it, the wolves do not.

The sprituals have their own kind of power of course... It's really how you would figure it in to the story.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 am

As for the region, it's in what the area of what is Colorado today :3 they are (typically) grey wolves in the rp.
Spiritual abilities would take a little time to explain, so when I have more time I'll PM you the explanation but that is the only unrealistic ability allowed here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Traveler form the SB Forums   New Traveler form the SB Forums Empty

Back to top Go down

New Traveler form the SB Forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: General Discussion :: Yips, Howls, Woofs, and Growls-
Jump to: