The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Optical Illusions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Optical Illusions Empty
PostSubject: Optical Illusions   Optical Illusions EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 am

Saw and found something interesting in my e-mail box today and want to share it with the rest of the word here, so here it is. Enjoy it. Oh the link just directly under this is also very interesting. Self having no use on it, as 1) I don't have one, 2) I don't Live in the states, 3)The app shall be USA orientated.

For those with an android phone, this can be very useful for you:
http://www.worldstart.com/simple-weather-alert-android-tornado-warnings/

-----------
Optical Illusions

I adore a good optical illusion, so I was very happy when Steve directed my attention to this site. The site is set up blog style, so all you have to do to navigate it is scroll down the page!

The first image is stellar. A man sitting on a ledge, looking over a road that seems to be going straight downwards, it is certainly one of my favorite images here.

As you are viewing the images, make sure you click them so you can see them full size. You can use the back button on your browser to navigate back to the main page. I think it’s certainly important to viewing the ones that move.

Next you move onto animations that are really moving, the question here is, which way are they actually moving? Clockwise? Counter-clockwise? You decide.

The stereo images move, but in a unique way. They have the feel of the way waves of heat will make what you’re looking at move. So it gives the impression that the swimmer really has just dived into the water, the fire is blazing away, and I’m guessing you should feel like you’re walking through the forest.

Point of view illusions are next! And the site has dedicated quite a few pictures to the cause. These are absolutely amazing, be sure to check them out! The site focuses on buildings at first but after you look at some 3D Transformations, you’ll come right back to point of view illusions. I love the picture of the man holding up the island.

After you’ve made your way through all the optical illusions on this page, I encourage you to click the Read Part 1 link – where you will find even more optical illusions and some amazing sidewalk chalk art, as well as, amazing feats of advertizing!

Check it out today!

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/07/optical-illusions-update.html

~Amanda
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Optical Illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optical Illusions   Optical Illusions EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 am

Those are pretty cool illusions, Kotie. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Optical Illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optical Illusions   Optical Illusions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 am

No problem Firestorm, and well today I found another site with illusions to browse through.

An Optical Illusion

I adore optical illusions, which you may have noticed from the sites I’ve shared in the past. Well, I found an awesome site dedicated to optical illusions that I couldn’t wait to share with you. I really liked it because it isn’t just same optical illusions that you’re used to seeing, but modern interpretations of illusion that will have your jaw dropping!

The site is easy to navigate because it is set up blog-style, so just scroll down the page and prepare to be wowed. You can also use the Older Posts link at the bottom of the page to see the previous entries.

Each entry offers background on the illusion being featured as well as an example of it. They also often include links to where you can see more of that type of illusion, or to previous entries of the same kind of illusion.

I really loved the most recent post when I was there. It was the Lego Terracotta Army – a sidewalk chalk drawing of Lego people as the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huang. It probably helps that I’ve been obsessed with sidewalk chalk since I was a little kid (and then seeing Mary Poppins) didn’t help matters any. I also loved the video of the Checker Shadow Illusion, and the Fact/Fiction Ambigram (I saw Faction at first). The Terrace by David MacDonald was also really well done.

My suggestion is to just dive in and start going through the illusions; but take a break if your eyes start to hurt. Some of the black and white or black and bright yellow ones hurt my eyes after a long viewing.

This is an awesome site dedicated to optical illusions, go check it out!

http://www.anopticalillusion.com/

~Amanda

The source: Newsletter of worldstart.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Optical Illusions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optical Illusions   Optical Illusions Empty

Back to top Go down

Optical Illusions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: General Discussion :: Yips, Howls, Woofs, and Growls-