The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spy Letters of the American Revolution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Spy Letters of the American Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Spy Letters of the American Revolution   Spy Letters of the American Revolution EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 am

I don’t think it matters what time period is being investigated – people love a spy story. I know I do! So when I ran across this site, Spy Letters of the American Revolution, I knew without a doubt that I wanted to share it with all of you – if only so I could make time to completely check it out myself. This site has it all: secret code, invisible ink, captured letters, and more!

I think you could start navigating the site anywhere you want. I started by reading the letters themselves in the Gallery of Letters, but quickly moved into the Stories of Spies and Letters because I really wanted the whole picture. I started with Rachel Revere to Paul Revere (Take the Money and Run) and then just used the Next Story link at the bottom of the section to navigate through the rest of the stories.

I found the experience to be very interactive because there are links in the stories that you can click to find out more information. For example, in Take the Money and Run there is a link to Benjamin Church, which provides more information on him (he was actaully a spy for the British!) which really makes the stories you’re reading full of interesting tidbits.

Another fun way to browse the site would be to use the Timeline, and follow the events as they happened chronologically. This provides you an opportunity to check out the fascinating images of portraits, landscapes, etc. from the time period. Or you could just check out the People section, and view each person alphabetically (don’t forget to check out the women who were spies as well).

This is an awesome historical site, I hope you’ll be as captivated by it as I was!

http://www2.si.umich.edu/spies/

~Amanda
-----------------------
My source: News letter of www.worldstart.com
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1