The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calm (or to relax)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Calm (or to relax) Empty
PostSubject: Calm (or to relax)    Calm (or to relax) EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 am

I am desperately going to need this website this semester. I have to take the GRE (the exam for grad school), pass two CLEP tests (to get course credits), apply to grad schools, and deal with a full course load. It’s going to be stressful, but I hope very much that it is going to be worth it. I also know it’s going to stress me out, and I’ve already suffered a bad bout of anxiety before the the first week of class even got here – the grad school application process seems overwhelming, so I went looking for stress relievers and ways to relax and found this site.

Calm is a website that offers you the opportunity to take (at the very least) two minutes to relax, and at the most ten minutes of relaxation. Navigation is easy – just click start and the relaxation experience begins. You can choose to customize your experience by selecting the background image and sound, whether you want music to play, and whether or not you want guidance.

To select your background image and sound, mouse over the bottom of the page. There you will see six different images that have sounds to match. My favorite is the fifth one of the waterfall. I find that sound particularly soothing.

The two minute experience helps to teach you to stop and relax. You’ll focus on your breathing, close your eyes, and just relax. I like this when I need a quick boost of energy because it makes me feel more alert and focused after doing it. I do this one with the music off, but the guidance on.

The ten minute experience I like to use when I’m very anxious, stressed out, or angry. It makes me very relaxed and able to let go of what’s bothering me. I like to do this one with guidance and the music on rather than the babbling of the water.

They recommend using headphones, but I didn’t have any around to try out. I’ve just been doing the relaxation sessions in my computer chair at home, but as I am more mobile over the course of the semester I’ll probably use it at school with my headphones.

I hope you find this is a good relaxation tool for you too! Check it out today!

http://calm.com/

~Amanda

Source: http://www.worldstart.com/calm/
Got it self in the newsletter today.
Back to top Go down
SaberLeopardess816
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
SaberLeopardess816

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Calm (or to relax) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm (or to relax)    Calm (or to relax) EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm

thank you Kotie for the info, Cool website too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003183148034

Calm (or to relax)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: General Discussion :: Yips, Howls, Woofs, and Growls-
Jump to: