The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) Empty
PostSubject: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 2:20 am

OOC:: Yah yah, shoot me later. XD I'm being overly creative these days. Very Happy

---

~Never Lost, Forever Found~

The vault of sky overhead peaked through the tree branches, interlacing their shadows across the leaf-strewn forest floor like a second canopy. Crystalline eyes searched out wayward clouds, fingertips stretching out to trace their outline. A light, feathery breeze tickled stray strands of auburn hair across an olive-toned cheek. Momentarily distracted from the clouds, slender fingers tame the adventurous locks before interlocking behind their owners head where it lay in the grass of the hillside overlooking the trees.

Delgon 'Del' Elderguard sighed, closing his shocking blue eyes against the blinding sunlight. To him, it was a day to slip away and think, to wonder at life's possibilities and meanderings. At the age of twenty-two, his mother claimed he had the heart of a child, that he'd never learn anything if he didn't grow up.

"Better to remain a child than get trampled down there," was his only reply.

On the other side of the hill, through the trees and over the swift flowing river lay Ecklendor, a bustling city filled with Elvens who thought they knew everything there was to know about the world. But, how could they when the larger part of the populous had never left Ecklendor at all?

Del sat up, stretching his arms over his head to ease the pain in his back. His grey-green cloak fluttered up against his back in the breeze now that his body no longer weighted it. Drawing his knees up, he wrapped his arms around them, raising his chin to look up at the sky once more. The three silver hoops on his left ear-tip gingled lightly against themselves, as if reminding him of his duties. The hoops signified his place as the son of nobility, a station he despised.

Soon, though, he knew they'd come looking for him. His elder brothers would find him and bring him back before their mother. He felt the headache starting already from the long, boring, mindless, repetitive lecture she was bound to give. Sighing once more, Del climbed to his feet, brushed himself off, and picked up his cloak. Shaking the grass from it, he cast one last longing glance at the pure, open sky before swinging it around his shoulders. Fidgeting with the clasp, he turned back toward the city, his boots making no sound nor mark on the grassy hillside. Cresting the top, he stopped, dallying once more, putting off the inevitable as much as he could. The breeze picked up, pushing against his back.

"Alright, alright," he muttered. "I'm going."
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am

Aysu Yonwin opened the door to her parent's home in the city of Ecklendor, looking both ways beyond the doorway before quickly jogging towards the field on the outskirts of the town. Her calf-length aqua blue dress fluttered behind her as the fabric of her pant-clad legs rustled as she ran towards the freedom the field provided.
The city of Ecklendor was suffocating in it's "efficiency." The elders had all but forgotten the commune of one's spirit with nature and the elements, making the city one based on cold tablets of science and law. While she had been born into this, her spirit often spoke to her of more...somewhere. Of course, she was subdued in the presence of her family...mostly for the fact she couldn't stand another "you will bring shame upon this family" lecture from her over-bearing, over-worked father.

Her light blue eyes caught sight of the field and her legs pumped faster as if in response to the vision. Up, up, up the hill of dandelions that led from the cold stone of the city...A soft breeze welcoming her as she crested the hill, tusseling her wavy, thigh-length tresses in a playful welcome. Sunlight displayed the red highlights of her chocolate brown hair, which others usually had the propensity to point out as "strange." True, vibrant reds and chocolate browns didn't usually mix together, but the gods had blessed her with it, so she was happy with it. It was just another oddity to add to her personal collection.

Making her way to the top of the hill, she lay on the ground and rolled down the hill, her laughter filling the hillside as she came to a stop by the riverbank. Her fingers dipped into the water, playing against the cool, soft waves.
She lay facing the sky, chest heaving ragged breaths when she got the first feeling she was not alone here....

Back to top Go down
http://www.alex-sukehiro.deviantart.com
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:20 am

Del pulled up short, smiling lightly at the familiar figure sprawled in his path. Only one other Elven in the entire city would have the same nerve as he to be outside of the city on such a day.

He made his slow way down the hill, taking in the sight of his friend lying by the water, her hair spread about her in waves. He waited until he was within hailing distance, but still out of reach, before he called to her, smiling broadly.

"Aysu, you do realize that your father will want to flay you alive when he sees the state of your dress. Not to mention how long it will take to get the mess out of your hair. Why, if I were one of your family members, I'd toss you into the river for a spell."

Merriment lit his eyes, causing them to sparkle in the light reflecting off of the water as he smiled broadly.
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:35 am

Aysu smirked, closing her eyes as she crossed her arms behind her head. "Good thing you're not family, then," she retorted, sticking out her tongue. "Besides, you and I both know I'd take you down with me," she teased, laughing.

Sitting up, she brushed the blades of grass from her dress then tilted her head back, shaking out her hair as the breeze blew the hillside debris from the strands. "And what of yourself...? You know your mom will go into one of her tirade turrets if she finds out you've been out here," she said, sympathy in her glance as she stood, stretching her legs a bit.
The two had known each other since an accidental collide at a city meeting during their preteen years. They'd become close friends and had been so ever since. Since they were both stubborn free-spirits, they often covered for each other, going off on excursions when time allowed.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Del chuckled, causing a light wind to stir through his hair.

"Well, I think I've become rather used to those," he scratched the back of his head. "I've been getting them since I was a child, so I doubt very seriously they could get any worse."

Chancing more of his mother's wrath, Del dropped into the grass next to his friend. They shared a companionable silence for a time, Del's eyes wandering back to the clouds.

"Aysu," he said softly. "I want to leave Ecklendor. I can't stay here anymore. It feels... there's something out there, beyond the mountains, that's calling me. It's crazy, I know, but..."

He looked at her from the corner of his eye, guaging her reaction.
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Aysu had always had a demeanor which wasn't very telling. Her father had used her faces to gauge her stories when she was younger, so as she'd grown, she'd practiced not letting anyone see her emotions or thoughts through her expressions of body language.
Del, however, she let her guard down around most of the time...so when he sprung his news on her, she allowed the smile that rippled from the depths of her soul.

"I feel it, too..." she said softly, looking over the bubbling stream that danced near their feet. "I've been having...dreams again..." she said slowly. She didn't dream often, but when she did, they were usually what the elders would have called "visions" before science ruled out such things as "fables and fairytales."

"It's as if...something is tugging me away from here...."
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Del reached up and fingered the silver hoops in his ear tip. If he left, especially at such a critical time, he'd have to give up everything and everyone he'd ever known. As much as that thought hurt him, the draw of the world beyond the mountains was stronger. Tugging on the top-most ring, he let his gaze wander north, toward the snowy-grey peaks in the distance.

"Ay, I can't ask you to go with me," he said slowly, deliberately. "It would be bad enough that I'd be running from my responsibilities, but I don't think your father would ever forgive me for drawing you away. My mother, well, I think she expects it. Too much like my father, as she likes to say."

He turned to look at her, dropping his hands into his lap.

"You're my best friend, Ay. And I know that I couldn't stop you, but I want you to seriously consider the implications of what would happen. Not to mention the beratement from the elders."

He chuckled, letting an amused smile spread across his face at the thought.
Back to top Go down
fortune's_fool
New pack member
New pack member
fortune's_fool

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:15 am

Aysu smiled up at Del, the smile tinted with mischief. "Del...you didn't ask me to go, I'd be going of my own accord. And since when have I cared what my father or the elders have had to say about anything?" she asked, laughing a bit. "Father said I died to him after what happened with mother, you know that. I seriously doubt he'll miss someone who's dead," she said with a sly wink.

Leaning back on her arms, she looked up at the sky. "Besides, what's out there is destined for me....Del, I don't want to miss it because of propriety and being scared of what others think...." she said with a soft sigh. "I just wanna...go for it, you know?"

Thinking a bit, she tossed a pebble into the water, watching their reflections dance on the rippling surface. "Maybe there's a way to leave without them suspecting either of us had to do with the other's disappearance, if that's something you're concerned about...." she said, looking over at her friend in the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)   ~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW) Empty

Back to top Go down

~Never Lost, Forever Found~ (Attn: Fortune's Fool, AW)
Page 1 of 1