The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep Empty
PostSubject: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:38 am

This will be the last prep thread for the Shared setting. Here we can work out some particulars of the setting, mostly little things, but I feel the lot of you should have a say (It is your setting as much as mine). Let your suggestions fly. When everyone has had a say, we will vote for the basics (Like the Continent name, etc).

Heres what we need;

- A name for the Continent
- A name for the Planet (different from the Continent name, as there may be more Continents later)
- A name for the RP Setting (ex. After the Fall, World on Judgement)
- Names for the Oceans and Seas

Also, on a National Level;

- Declare your alliances, your enemies, and your active wars here (mutual only please).
- Setup up your trade Routes here (what you have availabele for export and what you'd like to import)

Lastly it should be noted;

- This Setting is yours, as much as mine. As such any of you, at any time can start an RP in the General Forum run from this setting. Lady Taalysin is currently working on one infact.

- If and when the setting receives its own section on the forum, I will move all threads related to the setting into the new section (including these intial support threads).

----

If there are any questions, or if I missed something you feel is important, please let me know. We still have a good amount of time to hammer this out.

Last edited by KenseiKitsune on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited, for dramatic effect)
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris
Lady Taalysin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 pm

I say we call the rp All together seperate! jocolor

And just to clerify I havent actually started my rp for this place, but am workin on some stuff for it between myself and Lothar. Plotting so to speak!

I haven't actually thought of a character for myself, been busy with everything else. Will post it up when ready though!
Back to top Go down
http://tailsandlore.fantasyboard.net
Lothar Strongfist
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 am

I think that it would be a good idea to have a general bad guy set up. If no one argues, I had a few small ideas. Rough ideas, mind you. And since I can't really work with anyone else's nations, these are all just using mine.

One, I thought that my nation, or at least it's main government, could start off seeming like a goodly enough group, fighting against the cruel frost giants of the mountians. In truth, they are a cruel lot, stealing land from the frost giants who only want to live freely.

Two, the miners of the Tegathor mountians in the farthest northern portions of the northern wastes of Corinthia find a great cavern, and while exploring awaken an ancient evil, I'm thinking dracolich or such, that turns the miners into a bunch of mindless slave, undead-like, and they start to spread the zombieness like a desease.

Three, killer robot chickens from outer space.

Well, that's it for me at the moment. We might not even decide to do the 'one greater evil' thing, just a plot.
Back to top Go down
Lothar Strongfist
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:44 am

Also, sorry to over reply, but I plan my nation to be a trade-based thing, since their only recourse is metal and metalcraft, so anyone that can bring my people food will be allies. I plan on having no nations declared enemies, none with founded governments at least.

Wild lands would be frowned upon, therefore the only possible 'enemy' nations would be those with no founded laws or government. They would be a resource to be exploited, and nothing more, from the eyes of the queen, at least. The people also get very upset by any who denounce the Queen, being worshiped very pharoah like by her people.

So, anyone who would like to work out national politics, send me a message. I would very much like one from those who share a border with me in the least. Thank you kindly.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 pm

hm...

Well, Lothar, I think that should be determined by individual RP, not by the setting as a whole. The world we're building is meant to be able to have many RPs take place inside of it at any given time.

That said, if someone wants to put together an evil character, and run counter to the group, thats fine by me, heh. Infact, the first character I designed is evil. He may not run as a villain, but he is not a 'good guy' to be certain.

Ah, want to mention. If you don't want to wait for the others to fill their nations out, or for a seperate section (if I can get one at all) you can start an RP set in your nation at any time in the General section. If/when we get our own spot I can move the thread.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Also, no worries about over-replying, heh.

Lets see, Kaghast needs metal imports. We can send Marble, Obsidian, Leather, and Herbs useful in medicine.

We have fish and veggies too, but they are less likely to keep for the trip, heh.

Any of mine sound like something you want to import in exchange for metals?
Back to top Go down
Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris
Lady Taalysin

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 8:09 pm

well sounds like I have the biggest trade stuff.... veggies, wild life types of food, ale, even cows, pigs, and such. After all, I'm a farming nation. So I'd trade with anyone. Since the champion of my nation is half frost giant, I think he would have been raised by the frost giants and when he came of the age to travel found out the Queen and her people were curropt and a bunch of "fakers". So although my nation will trade with yours, bro, its just for the resources, we don't really like your capitol people. But we need the supplies so we keep up apperances. If it came down to war, we'd side with the giants.

I like the idea of one big evil. So Lothar, why don't you start up an RP with a great evil something another. I did wonder though, what about a dragon? Or... one I've always liked is some powerful evilhearted magic user that masses his armies of weaker willed goblinoids and such. that run around destroying things. Warlocks always make good bad guys.

Or the robot chickens from outerspace!

Hell, why not make it an invation? If not from another planet, maybe from the other contanent that hasnt been made yet? Like how white man took over America, why not have another country start invading our land and we have to see who sides with who and such to save our lands?

Just random ideas!
Back to top Go down
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm willing for the big evil be from my land.....one type of my peoples could become a threat perhaps...say my Muyans, They appear as beasts, but are actually very smart.
Back to top Go down
Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris
Lady Taalysin

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:42 am

You should post the info on the Muyans in the bestiary so we can see what they are like.
Back to top Go down
Lothar Strongfist
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 pm

So, have we come up with a name for the world in general, or the continent we have so far at least? I'm ready to start up an rp, but I'd really prefer to know the worlds name first. I'm starting a role call in general RP, but I'll wait until i know the worlds name before starting the actual rp.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:26 am

Thats what the thread is here for...

I'd -like- it if we had a few more people weighing in and giving suggestions, but everyone here seems to have been smacked with the lazy stick. :/

I may have to negate all voting rights on names and such and assign completely lackluster and generic names to the setting, if people don't start coming here with suggestions and such...

I still need people to finish filling out their nations, even...

---

Edit:

I'll post some random names here for consideration, as well as possible meanings/origins. Please note, even after a world/continent name is chosen, it is perfectly acceptable for your people to call it something else in their own language.

Words from Old Kotic (using the same translator that Kotie uses). Since Kotie's nation harbors an ancient order of druids and monks, it might make sense to use their language to come up with a world name, and etc.

Aesyraes - Roughly translating to 'EarthMother' (Possible Continent or World Name)

Shosal - Meaning 'Land of Our Birth' (Possible Continent Name)

Jhololal - Roughly 'The Lands of the Living'

Kaeros - The 'Great Dirt' (heh)

Mar Sharaes - Meaning Salt Water (Maybe for an Ocean)

If I can think of more, I will post them here...
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Ok party people, going with Aesyraes as the World name, and Shosal as the continent's name.

Furthermore, I am very disappointed in all of you. I give you the chance to name stuff and you blow it. Good job. (No I am not being even remotely serious, though I do wish we had a bit more input)
Back to top Go down
Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris
Lady Taalysin

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Sorry, I'm usually one of the more up to date posters here.... *cries* I'm so sorry Kensei!

Oh, and actually, I kinda liked Kaeros for the world name. I mean, at least i could pronounce that one lol
Back to top Go down
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:51 pm

I've been out.....
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 4:08 pm

My apologies Kensei, but i am just bad with thinking of names. So that is why i have been so quiet here.

What also includes is for me, is that i haven't stood still and thought of any chars for my nation. Including that i need to fill in its history.... But somehow i am stuck with it....
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm not being serious with my jabs, guys. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep   Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep Empty

Back to top Go down

Shared Setting - Particulars and Prep
Page 1 of 1