The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) Empty
PostSubject: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 am

Here's an idea I've been playing around with, Ambiance Staff. Though we don't really have to appoint staff especially for this, the responsibility can simply fall to the moderators of that particular forum and the administrators, if the admins so wish to participate. What I mean by Ambiance is for the staff to offer more 'outside' interaction in the roleplays, for example a group of wolves is going out on a hunt...well one of the moderators (or admin, whatever..whoever gets there first etcetc) can reply as a prey animal for them to hunt. Maybe the wolves will succeed, or maybe not...it's now more challenging. OR, mix it up with some danger like a bear or something! Other ambiance that could be done is one posting in a thread, randomly maybe, saying that a freak blizzard has just whipped up (assuming, of course, it's winter xDD) and whatnots like that. I think it could be fun and add a sense of unpredictability to the roleplay. What do you guys think?

Edit: With the rule that Mods/admins cannot put ambiance in a thread that they are involved in...y'know to keep them from trying to give their character/s an advantage specifically.

Last edited by Meoquanee on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:34 am

Huh, that sounds really interesting. I think it should be a bit more limited... One added thing per every five pages of a thread or something. Otherwise it could get a bit out of hand. Maybe even only one mod-added thing per every thread.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Sounds like a fine idea to me. A fella on my (dead) forum had a similar idea to do random things with his overly-powerful, yet MASSIVELY limited character. XD Adding a little spice to the mix never hurts. Smile

Understood!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh yes, Fauna, there would be limiting rules such as that as well as things like not stalking particular characters/players to try to help/hurt their characters and not placing ambiance in a thread that your character is involved in.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

It seems to me that we need to settle on the time setting for TBMS. Originally, it was before humans came to North America...which would technically have meant that mammoths, smilodon, and the likes would have been roaming the areas. However, it never actually played out that way and when I wanted to try to pay more attention to this particular area of the setting the members were against it. That being said, I was thinking...maybe we should reset the time setting (since nothing was ever official anyways) to have Native Americans actively living in the U.S....but not have any live anywhere near the setting of TBMS. Perhaps, in the future (far far into the future when we have more members and activity and whatnots) we could have some encounters to broaden the rp and create a new forumwide plot but...yea. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 pm

I don't want to focus TOO much on the Native Americans, since the animals are what is central to this plot, but the possibility does exist, and it makes more sense given the creatures with whom we're seeing the wolves interacting. I would say give it a go.

I would also say that perhaps for ambiance, the staff can not only create randomly-generated events, but also determine the course of those events randomly through dice rolls. If not through physical dice, we do have the ability to activate dice on the forum, I believe. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 pm

FireStormWarning wrote:

I would also say that perhaps for ambiance, the staff can not only create randomly-generated events, but also determine the course of those events randomly through dice rolls. If not through physical dice, we do have the ability to activate dice on the forum, I believe. Smile

The dice idea is a good idea, and even if we can't activate dice on the board, I found a website that allows you to do a random dice roll from a bunch of different dice. http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

((I wasn't aware that there was a 100-sided die O.o))
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:43 pm

I like the dice idea Very Happy

And yea, Firestorm, the Native American idea is not ever meant to be a center point of the forum. If you reread my post about it, it's meant to be a thing that we can pull plots from and have one forumwide plot with it. Nothing permanent with them moving in or anything. Perhaps a nomadic band settles in for the winter or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)   Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Another idea: Ambiant Staff (More ideas nao!)
Page 1 of 1