The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.

Go down 
+4
Meoquanee
kotelinie
FireStormWarning
Zeroki
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. Empty
PostSubject: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:42 am

Well, I see that the board look has now been updated and although I am not much of a fan of green, I like it for the most part.

OKAY!

As per the request of Firestorm, this is the ideas thread with where we want to take The Black Mountain Saga's revival. Post any ideas that you have here and we can all talk over them and come to an agreement on where we are taking this. I also wouldn't mind this also being a question thread, so that we can get an idea as to where each other's characters stand at the chosen point in time.

Everyone, please post your ideas and we'll see about implementing them. Ask questions, and we will answer them to the best of our abilities with what knowledge we have.

Alright! Annnddd.....GO!
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:56 am

Green was the choice made for a more springish theme. Avadedra has also expressed an interest in adding more browns to give it more of a forested look. I'm sure she's willing to take any ideas we may have, but I'm glad you like it, Zero. She is too.

And as for ideas moving forward, here are some thoughts I've had recently.

Among other things I want to reduce the number of forums, both RP, and OOC. To accomp,lish this the first idea I've had is a possible merger of packs. Take the two smaller packs (TTPP, and TLVP) and merge them in some way with the two larger packs. Name changes COULD accompany this, but this is a decision I wanted to leave with Fauna and the other pack leaders.

The second question is to who is leading TSRC now, and whether Corona has a mate nor not.

I have decided that, among others, I want to leave Dusk Owl alive. We still need a Legend, and who better to recount the histories than a she-wolf who has a perfect memory?

At this stage, I'm going to say that Wildflower and Cold Flame left to found their own pack at some point, but this may change if Imara comes back regularly. Zero, if you'd be willing to create an older wolf, I'd love for Stone Fur to have a mate, and possibly pups of his own. Smile The chemistry our various characters have just seems to work.

Beyond that, I'm willing to leave as much room as possible for new people to come in, and for people like Kotie, Ava, and the other, less-active members (as of before) to get their characters in and more involved in the story.

That's it for now. It's late. wolf's moon
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:56 am

I noticed the green change too, and urgh, typing in the quick response, the text is light gay? or light greenish.. Anyway, this is going to take some time for me to get used to the new layout, as i liked the previous one allot. Not that i want to complain about this and demanding to old one back. Change is good, how well sometimes not, but that is an other topic.

For the new idea's... I am a bit blank of the moment. Even as a TPPP member, and perhaps only active one. (well that last one is not true.. Just checked the other site of run with the packs. )

http://the-black-mountain-saga.webs.com/thetallpinespack.htm

Zeroki has two chars there, namely: Soldier: Taroq and Scout: Mirrored Ice. (could have been that they got lost in that fire escape.)

If there are indeed, very much less wolves left over in TTPP and TLVP. I find it an good idea to let them work together as one pack. Only then what happens to both of their different religions and own pack rules? Merging them together, or that they keep their own beliefs and rules intact, among own group?

Even skipping massively ahead in time, creates a huge plot-hole, which needs to filled in. Even by a means of just summarizing the events of what happened in that time. AKA Time line table.

Hmmm.. okay, i think i just found some ideas or well things to think about. My apologies for not capitalizing the loose "i" as i just rambled on with the typing, and not bothering using the Shift + i when it was needed to be used. (saves time, unless it is rammed into you, to use it.)

Now where is my breakfast? *goes of to fetch some* (Then off to work)
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:54 am

Well, obviously some big changes have already been made around here. The forum theme and layout have been modified. The colors are still in the process of being edited for both beauty and clarity.

The forums have been broken up into smaller, easier to manage categories, and I'd love some suggestions from anyone interested on how to reduce the number of them currently displayed, to make the board smaller and more easily accessible to new members.

I also floated the idea of creating a feline group (cougars) to be an opposite number to our wolves. While the wolves are still the primary focus of the RP, introducing an adversary will help to give the plot more of a direction to follow, beyond the usual turmoil within the packs.

All these things are open for discussion, mind you, but these are the changes as they stand now.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Well for TBMP, if we're only skipping ahead to the next generation (ex: Ebon Star and Aspen's pups) then my Hailstorm (their daughter, pup name Flame Tip) would be the new Alpha.
Sage Ghost will have slipped into a sort of canine Alzheimer's.
Wind Feather I'll keep as well, still the Spiritual, to help reboot me and the pack to TBMS religion.
Aspen...depends on what you do with Ebon Star.
Chaser of the Moon...I'll have her follow Cold Flame and Wildflower into the new pack, to cut down on my characters.
Silent Paw...as much as I hate to but to cut down on my characters I'm going to have him dead. We'll say he died of illness.
Unknown One I'm definitely keeping.
Brighid...died of infection to an injury caused by a snapping turtle.

The rest, my wolves from Tall Pines and Light Valley, will depend on what will be done with the packs.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Double post, my bad, but I left my idea out.
I'm going to do this for TBMP, it's up to you if you want to do it as well, but I'm going to give the option of other non-staff members to be able to have a shot at upper ranks (even Alpha). Though TBMP will still be under my watch and...moderation...others can have a chance at leading it.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Provided it fits into the story, I don't see why any non-staff member could not place a character in a position of leadership. Among the other ways of making the forum more accessible, opening up all positions seems to be one of the more important.

As for how far ahead we're skipping, I had actually thought to skip two generations. The biggest reason for this is to allow us to leave most of the older characters out, to sort of start over. They're still very much a part of history, and a lot of that history can still be played out, but it's not a part of the current plot. Most of the older characters would have died or otherwise left (such as Cold Flame and Wildflower leaving to found their own pack, etc.). Basically the attempt here is to loosen the bonds enough that new players can come in and enjoy things without feeling like they don't belong.

Having both Corona and Hailstorm in charge would solve the problem of leadership for TBMP. Unknown One and Rainbow would both be full-fledged adults, so it would be intriguing to see what sort of problems they manage to create. The biggest question for me is who leads TSRC, but that question could be solved by assuming that CrystalStream eventually found a mate, perhaps even someone from TBMP who decided to join her.

Mind you these are all just musings right now, as I'd like to get the forum cleaned up and the timeline settled on before the RP actually starts again, and we would need to re-establish bloodlines and figure out what has happened. Basically, along with a reboot, we need a sweeping out of old characters and a clean-up of their genealogies.

Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Who's Corona?
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Did you not get the email I sent around? Evil computer!

Huh... Ah well... At any rate, Corona is Deepening Shadows' reincarnated form, so when the reboot was decided upon, it seemed only fitting he would once again emerge to lead his pack. Corona is a rather intriguing character, because as I've envisioned him, he is equal parts Corona, and Deepening Shadows. Depending on the situation, one or the other emerges and takes control. I'm still working on the details, but at this stage I see Corona himself being something more along Sage Ghost's line. He's got a dark temperament. He isn't one for conversation, but he still manages to inspire. Deepening Shadows on the other hand is the diplomat, the experienced leader who knows his pack inside and out and is the more approachable aspect. I'm going to talk to a friend of mine about his development, try to hash out the rough details.

Last edited by FireStormWarning on Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Hey all...

Before The Tall Pines Pack gets merged with any other... could I decide what I want to do with it? I might just dissolve it :p
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:02 pm

mercury wrote:
Hey all...

Before The Tall Pines Pack gets merged with any other... could I decide what I want to do with it? I might just dissolve it :p

It's up to you Merc. If you had any character plans from tTPP, then it would make sense for it to merge with one of the other packs. Its culture has largely disappeared, but the characters are still alive and well. Smile Since you're the alpha of that pack I'm leaving it up to you.
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Well, since my post got deleted, I'll say this.
TBMP is my pack. I'm going to start off leading it with Hailstorm. By herself. Kay. Besides which she had been planned on being the Heir previously anyways.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:05 pm

As long as the new alphas of TBMP are okay with TTPP wolves still holding onto their religion, then I don't mind if they merge. Only the pups (and the storyteller) wills till be around... so it'll work Smile
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm

I don't mind, and they may hang on to their religion of course.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Cool! I think that leaves... four of my original characters left. They'd all be around 3-4 years old at the time...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Meo, before any further planning on our part, check your private messages please. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Wow, I didn't think this was going to get so many replies so quickly.

Anywho....

FireStorm:
I will start working on creating a potential mate for Stone Fur. I think you'll like her, but she's in the works, not entirely hashed out yet. She's a sweetheart, I'll tell you that now. Very Happy

As to the CrystalStream and TSRC leading, if you would like me to do so Firestorm, I would not mind creating a character as an alpha. It could be fun. I also wouldn't mind designing pups for them, either.

Kotie:
I don't know what I actually did with Taroq (Blackhawk) and Mirrored Ice. I know that at some point, it was in conversation to have Taroq training under Crashing Wind to be Delta, so maybe during the time skip he will have taken into that role before the pack is dissolved into TBMP? And since Taroq was already an adult at the time of the fire and moving, he would most likely be an elder or dead at this point.

Mirrored Ice, since he is younger than Taroq was at the time of the fire, adolescent I think, he would most likely still be alive and probably over the hill, but not old enough to be an elder. As for after the dissolution into TBMP, I think he would just be a hunter, flier, or soldier. Though it would be interesting if he had left to start his own pack as well after the fire and maybe could pop in roleplay every so often.

My character list so far:

Definite:

(TBMP)
Corvus (listed in the profiles forum) (TBMP)

Black Stag (Storm Raven/Cold Mountain's first born son) (profile needed) (TBMP)

Twilight (Kerridwen/Saeros' daughter)(profile needed) (TBMP)

Stone Fur's Mate (Hashing out, still in the works) (profile needed) (TBMP)

Possible Characters:

(TSRC)
CrystalStream's mate: Subject to approval from Firestorm if he so chooses. (TSRC)

Storm and (or) Blizzard: Twin sons of Autumn and WaterHawk. I need to get some contact with Nocturne to see what she wants to happen with these guys. Autumn and WaterHawk were also going to have twin girls as well, but I never got around to designing them. (TSRC)

Red Moon: I don't know what position he would be in, but I wouldn't mind seeing him as a beta. He'd probably be over the hill as well, but not old enough to be an elder. Need to try and contact HeavensGaze about New Dawn (his mate) to see what is going on. (TSRC)

Mirrored Ice: May or may not keep. Need feedback. (Former TTPP)
Taroq (Blackhawk): May keep as an elder, but not sure. Need feedback. (Former TTPP)

BTW, we still have the chat at the bottom of the page. We could all talk about this in realtime since alot of us are on right now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Awesome. I can't wait, Zeroki! The biggest obstacle to getting restarted is to fill in the plot gaps and to work out which characters are working where. Right now Corona, Stone Fur, and Dusk Owl are the only ones I have established as having returned.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey welcome back Mercury!! Longtime not seen.

Of course you have and make the final decision of what happens to the pack, and I just follow. Even my char Kotie had just joined the pack, before it all froze / died out.

Self I am not sure if Kotie is still around, as he was on the age of 3 wolf years, when it stopped, (not that i want to kill him off that easily) As he is my only char i made from scratch, and just adopted the pup Ciriaco (who was at that time 2 months old) age now unknown.

Both of their future in the pack is unknown. Only that Kotie would do his best in the pack with whatever for function / job he had gotten. So would also Ciriaco in the end.

Okay Zeroki, thanks for the heads-up of your chars in that pack.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Kotie, I don't see why it'd be a big deal for you to reintroduce your character as having joined around this time. That way you don't have to go through the trouble of reinventing him.
Back to top Go down
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Hey everybody!

So since we're talking about who stays and who goes from the old storyline, here's where my characters stand:

Silver Eagle: He would be very old, and if I brought him back, I would probably kill him off fairly quickly. He could act as an elder and would still be in his Spiritual position, but he would have stepped down (or retired) from the "head" spiritual position, leaving Wind Feather with most of the responsibilities. I had a plot going with him before the board died, so it would be good to tie up the loose ends (Meoquanee - perhaps include WInd Feather?). Although I am not overly attached to bringing him back, so I'm open to feedback if anyone does or doesn't want him around for a short time.

New Dawn: Of course I will bring her back. If memory serves me, she and Red Moon left at an interesting time (mostly because the board died...I believe TBMS and TSRC were in a final epic battle). Zeroki and I can fill in the time gap with how events played out.

Swift Storm: This was supposed to have been one of Shining SKybird/Howlite's pups. I definately want to bring him in, but as a young adult. I think Zeroki was supposed to take his brother (can't remember the name right now). I'll leave it up to Zeroki and Nocturne if any of the siblings will come into the picture as well.

Shining Skybird: It depends on if Nocturne wants to bring back Howlite. I have no preference one way or the other.

While I can't think of the name right off hand, I'm also on the fence with New Dawn's mentor (she was the blind fighter). I'm more inclined to kill her off, but if anyone is interested in keeping her around for a plot, I'll take it into consideration.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Good to see you back Heavens. Smile
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:13 pm

You know, I realized something while looking through the religion pages I have from TTPP...

It says that the spirits were at war with TBMPs' deities? Does anyone remember this?
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:50 pm

I don't quite recall that, Merc, but we could modify things a bit... have tTPP merge with TSRC instead of with TBMP.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:03 am

oh yes! That is right! I was supposed to take White Night. I don't remember if that is his pup or adult name, I know his other name was Whispering Owl. I will play him as well, because I said I would, and he's a lazy bum in a sense. (Much like Shikamaru from Naruto)

Although, with Cold Mountain and Storm Raven's daughter, Silver River; have we heard anything from Imara recently? She was supposed to play her and if Imara is not going to be able to return, I was going to put her up for adoption among the people that are able to return.

Okay, so my update character list is:

Black Mountain
Stone Fur's Mate (still hashing out and profile needed)
Rising Moon / Black Stag (profile needed)
White Night / Whispering Owl (profile needed)
Twilight (profile needed)
Corvus (profile complete and posted)

Swift River
Red Moon (I will bring him back, since Heavens is indeed returning)
Storm or Blizzard: As I said before, twin sons of WaterHawk and Autumn, need to contact Nocturne to see what to do with these guys. If I can't get a response from her, I may just play both because I really do not want to see these guys go.
Crystal Stream's mate: (hashing out, now that Firestorm has approved his creation)

Mirrored Ice: Still not sure what to do with him
Taroq/Blackhawk: Still not sure either.

Characters going for possible adoption:
Silver River (Daughter of Storm Raven and Cold Mountain)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here. Empty

Back to top Go down

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next