The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOS discussion thread

Go down 
+2
Roxy90
KenseiKitsune
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

OOS discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 pm

For the talking about the RP or for anything that doesn't fit in the other threads, but pertains to the RP in some way. Smile
----

Yay! Thanks you Firestorm. Hope all these support threads are alright for this RP.

Last edited by KenseiKitsune on Thu May 15, 2008 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 11:39 pm

This is as good a place as any to ask. Where should we start the RP at?

Last time I ran it, the characters came together through a "chance" meeting at Spaceport on New Eden and the stoy went from there (not very long, unfortunately). Being erstwhile traveling companions would also help to explain why our band of disparate characters came together in the first place.

So, any thoughts? Input from the players is always valued. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Err...I don't know...let's just go with that. I guess. Unless somebody's got something better in mind.

I can't wait for Enid to meet Trudi...it would be TEH ULTIMATE CATFIGHT
Back to top Go down
http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mightymorphinpowahranger

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 10:34 pm

as long as it happens, i dont care where the fun takes place or how it does.
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 3:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z468B8vV6XU *contains cursing*

I CAN'T JUST GO, I CAN'T JUST GO KAREN ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE

............okay, now it's time to get down to business. *Goes off to post here and there*
Back to top Go down
http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 5:29 am

hehe

Dane Cook. He's my hero...

(Gonna take pollution down to zero :p)
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 10:38 pm

hehehe,

I posted in the new universe thread. I'm sorry if my ship RPing is subpar, I don't know all the...terminology.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 12:46 am

Thats okay, i have just watched too many times Star Trek, and well feel free to use some of mine terms if you need to use them. But of course all technology is different. For all from a Federation starship.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 9:39 am

Oh, just to clarify. My ships cloak is similar to the phase cloaking device. I'm also coming in peace...unless you happen to be the supreme colonist whatever his name is... Wink
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 12:50 pm

Sorry, i aint a type for attacking any strange ship that i encounter. I rather avoid a battle then starting one.

Diplomacy is a key in starfleet to meet and build up relationships with others. Not blowing them up and then starting to talk. Unless a ship gets attacked it defends itself and disabling the other without destroying it.

Also a reason why i don't use in first hand the Pulse Phaser Cannon, but the phaser turret. Wink
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 8:49 am

What, you don't go in with both barrels firing where angels fear to tread? What kind of starfleet captain are you? Wink

On a more serious note, are we in the same universe as ST, or did the Defient get thrown through some sort of dimensional tear?

Also I may put up another post outlining more of Phaesis's character and his current motivations.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 9:22 am

The Defiant was tossed in. The universe isn't even remotely related to Star Trek in any way whatsoever. You know, since FTL (Faster Than Light) travel is impossible in this setting based on the physics of the setting, it would be hard to justify it being in the same universe as Star Trek. Kotie was brought through a when a Transwarp conduit collapsed, when it just happened to be effected by a dimensional anamoly (The Fall).

Technically, according to this setting, there are no other dimensions, as The Fall destroyed them all. I let Kotie slip a ship in because he wanted to play a Star Fleet character, and I figured so long as the entire Federation wasn't involved it would fit well enough with the strange going-ons in the Gemini System. heh

Edit: That, and an outsider's perspective on the system is interesting to me, heh.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 12:51 pm

I am a Starfleet Vice Admiral, not just a captain. And i am not a warrior race (what Klingons are). My char is an explorer (See the fractions section, about "The United Federation of Planets")

I fight only as a last resort. If talking doesn't work to come to terms for peace. And of course fending off my attackers.

For that of how i came to this universe is readed in my 1st post.
If that is not really clear, there is some more to be told about in later posts (for finding out how it really came...)
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 10:27 am

Ok, Phaesis has been rambling about your ship most unrealistically now for too long. Not to mention everything he has done was supposedly done in less than 15 minutes. Leaving that to suspending disbelief, I am finally to a point where I can meet up with the other characters.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 11:56 am

Okay, and well i think Phaesis with his computer can't find everything about the USS Defiant. As there isn't common view and knowledge about it. Let stand alone the technology of the ship.

But well.... that is also for me, with all the other ships and bases around. The scanners can pick up allot, but really understanding it... i think not. Let stand alone the Federation itself.

That Organization isn't known here, so everyone shall have question marks about it, unless they can tab into the system and "downloading" all the info, from the ships main computer core. (but well that hacking isn't easy, i can tell you that.)
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 am

Hey Phi, what is the basis of your Phase Cloak? Is it vibrational, temporal, or otherwise?

Anything is good, except dimensional phase, because things that rely on dimensional (or subspace) technology simply don't work here.

Of course, there are exceptions, such as Lot Tech ships that are capable of ignoring the rules of existence in After the Fall. I will add that your ship is old enough to be Lost Tech.

---

Need to post soon, but I've been a little sidetracked lately. I should be ready to post tomorrow or the day after, though if not, it will be next week at the latest.

Edit: That reminds me, Kotie, aren't Star Fleet's shield immunity to laser weapons entirely based on the shield's subspace properties? I'll double check your entry on General info real quick here in a minute.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 am

Hmmm...I didn't realize the severity of the fall on technologies. I was imagining something along the lines of the phase technology from stargate, which operates based on dimensions. I think.

However, the idea of the lost ships intrigues me. I didn't realize they existed (duh! they are lost) but it is in line for what I was thinking of when I made the Razor.

I gotta fix my previous post. The tracking device was a subspace device, and I will make it an magic-device. hehehe, that was easy.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 5:32 pm

heh, yeah, magic makes a pretty easy substitution for a lot of the problems, provided they don't rely on other planes (which don't exist).

Aye, I wanted to clamp down more tightly on technologies. If dimensional technologies existed or worked properly, that woud imply the existence of other dimensions, something that doesn't exist in After the Fall. heh, I deliberated long and hard over Kotie's presence here at all, and eventually came to the conclusion that he was slingshoted here at the very moment of dimensional collapse.

Alright, just be aware that if anyone found out about the Lost Tech in your ship, you would be hounded. For obvious reasons, Lost Tech ships are rare, extremely rare. They occasionally drift into the system from elsewhere, but are always deserted, and are usually destroyed in battles aimed at capturing them.

The largest concentration of Lost Tech in the setting is Deus, which lends further credance to the Lost Tech idea for your ship.

The main characteristic of Lost Tech is that the materials used to create them or simply the technology itself cannot be duplicated, either because the physics no longer work the way they should, or the materials are simply unavailable in the Gemini system.

I really should throw this up in the Info section.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 6:04 pm

What? Phaesis hounded...

poor puppies.

I would imagine that the nanites he is symbiotic with and he uses on his ship are probably also a "lost" forum. Though I could be wrong there.

To clarify, the device he used to hack a map out of your ships computer used nanites. This way he could get information without having to infest your ship.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:43 pm

Basic Nanites are in use in the system, especially on Deus. More advanced nanites aren't as common, but they are in use.

It really depends on what the Nanites are capable of. Technocrats use nanobytes to simulate the effects of magic, so unless they do some really out there stuff, or have some unique properties (phased nanites, maybe?) I don't see them causing any problems.

Edit: Thats right, your Nanites act in a symbiotic manner. Yeah, that could be Lost Tech. Really, I'll leave the decision up to you, because even if they were made with conventional tech, symbiotic nanites are most certainly not in use in the way you use them (at least, not normally). The closest would be medical nanites, but they are far more limited in scope.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 12:53 pm

Well the reason why Federation Starships are immune against laser fire, is thanks to their Navigational Deflector.

"In the event of combat, the navigation deflector performs as the very first stage of a starship's defenses - the deflector can deflect (or at least reduce the damage sustained of) most laser fire and primitive projectile weapons. However, the deflector cannot deflect more complex weaponry such as directed energy weapons or more sophisticated projectile weapons, such as photon torpedoes." (From: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Deflector

And to protect the Starships for the complex weaponry they have their shields raised up.

-------
EDIT
For Everyone here is this Federation starship seen as Lost technology. For being so advanced in power and that there is nothing known off.

Last edited by kotelinie on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey Kensei, I'll leave it up to you if you meet Phaesis at this point.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 5:51 pm

hmm

Could be a good place to have the characters encounter him.

I was actually about to make a mini-post to say we were going to hit our sublight engines the moment the Defiant came on board.

Heh, now I just have to figure out how my crew is going to react to someone running into a restricted area carrying a child over his shoulder.

There are a few other magic users amongst the colonists, infact I've a friend working on a character for the group who will use magic and hail from the colonist group.

Luckily, most of the colonists hated Hadred, he played them for chumps and pocketed most of the money they gathered to book passage. Heh, for the money they had peiced together, they should have been able to afford a full fledged Dreadnought.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 6:48 pm

Okay... small question from Kotie.

Now that Phaesis, ship is blocked by the USS Defiant, for leaving. How does want to take off?

Also, how would he get into the Defiant, without a security code from a starfleet officer? Walking with an officer, when he is going to board the ship?
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 pm

Phaesis isn't in the Defiant right now, at least I don't think he is.

As far as him leaving, if he tried to he would be completely dependent upon his cloak to let him pass through the Defiant and the bay doors. However, he is actually under the impression that the Defiant will be leaving, so he would wait to enter his ship and take off till after that. He isn't interested in revealing that he has a cloaking device with the capabilities of his.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   OOS discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

OOS discussion thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next