The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Special characters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Special characters Empty
PostSubject: Special characters   Special characters EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:14 am

Q:
Can you tell me how I can make certain characters like the cent sign, etc.? I just can't quite figure it out. Thank you for all your help!

A:

Oooh, what a great question! I know you're not the only one who has wondered about this, so this is the perfect time to go over it. So, let me get this straight, you've been trying to figure out how you can make certain special characters with your computer keyboard, but you just can't seem to make it work? And I'm talking about certain characters like the cent sign or maybe the registered trademark sign (the R with a circle around it). Both of those and more have always been on my list of "How do you do that?!"

Luckily, I have finally found the solution and I am so excited to share these with you! Let's do the cent sign first. If you need to add the cent sign into any document or project you're working on, simply hold down the Alt key on your keyboard and type in these numbers: 0162. This is what you'll get: ¢ Cool, huh?! Look below for even more characters you can try:

® = Alt + 0174

© = Alt + 0169

™ = Alt + 0153

¥ = Alt + 0165

Those are just a few you can do with the Alt key and a number code. Keep in mind that when you're doing this, you must use the number pad on the right hand side of your keyboard. It won't work if you use the numbers located above the letters. Also, you can look here for even more ideas and special characters. Your documents will never be the same. Have fun!

~ Erin
Back to top Go down

Special characters
Page 1 of 1