The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pack Meeting!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 pm

ooc: well, i didn't want to start over soo...quick rerun of what is going on so far: Shining Sun has called a suprise meeting, and remembered the night her sister left. Little Creek arrived and remembered the last meeting where SS announced that CloudTail was the new second alpha. Other characters that have arrived are: Gray Owl, Shooting Star, Swift Cloud, Dark Rain, Scorch, the soon to be members Eclipsed Moon and Rabbitfoot, Crouching Fox, and Black Thorn. Missing member is Firestorms CloudTail (since Kero's not here).

Shining Sun watched them approach around the clearing, and, frustrated, waited for Cloudtail to arrive. He would be suprised by this meeting as much as anyone else.

Little Creek sighed and greeted Dark Rain and Crouching Fox.

Dark Rain chuckled and said to Scorch "Nothing yet, i think she's waiting for Cloudtail to begin the meeting"

The older 3 high ranking wolves lay down one by one, they'd get up when the alphess started talking.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 5:08 pm

RabbitFoot, tired from the walking and relieved that this alpha didn't quite see her as a threat, laid down within the pack circle. Laying her head down on her front paws, the one still wounded, she started drifting off into sleep; she'd wake up when the meeting actually started.
Back to top Go down

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 11:20 am

Black Thorn sat with his packmembers, though closer to the Alphess than to the rest of them. They'd been here for a little while now and the meeting still hadn't begun. The Delta silently wondered where CloudTail was. The absence of the new Alpha was the only reason Black Thorn saw for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 2:22 pm

The delta's apprentice, Crouching Fox; remained fixated in his petty glum mood up until Little Creek spoke to him. At this, he managed to swallow some of his attitude and paste a warm smile on his maw. If the horrid dullness of the meeting were to take place anytime soon, then some light conversation before then could lessen the migraines he'd extract from the blather of 'old farts' (despite them not being old old, that's his pet name for them... ;p) ."Heya Little Creek...I see you're still as cute as ever. So, uh - what's up?"
Back to top Go down
http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
firewaternair
New pack member
New pack member
firewaternair

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:51 pm

Bright Bear leaned her head over and placed it across Great Deers back and dozed in a semi alert state.

Great Deer Smiled softly as he watched the tension leave Eclipsed Moon's form.

Eclipsed Moon did in fact loosen softly, his tail remained pined closely to his haunches but not tucked under his hind quarters and he laid down upon the ground relaxing little by little as the time bore on. He looked around himself wondering what was going on as more wolves had come and just sat still around a circle. He watched as the sun skittered back and forth upon the ground as the wind blew softly across the leaves. This was a nice place. He could not believe he was finaly not alone anymore. A small smile played at his maw as he shifted and laid his head across his paws.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 9:39 am

Little Creek rolled her eyes but smilied at Crouching Fox's words. "I'm flattered, as always, Crouching Fox. And not much, but apparently there is something important, and sudden, for my sister to call a meeting like this. I bet she's waiting on CloudTail, he's going to be in trouble with her for showing up so late..." The pack heiress sighed. She felt sorry for CloudTail, but knew he was the only one who could take the pressure of acting as alpha, especially when the alphess didn't act like a leader.

"What about you?" She asked him. "How is it being Black Thorn's apprentice?"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 10:28 pm

His ears seemed to be burning, for he showed up a moment later. He was the largest of the Light Valley wolves, and those who found themselves under the intense gaze of his icy blue eyes would feel a chill running through their bodies. He walked proudly, tail and head held high as was befitting an alpha, but he did not seem to hold himself in the high esteem that came with his position. To him, this was a job and a way to help his mate; little more.

He regarded each of the pack members as he passed, neither speaking to them nor acknowledging them beyond a simple glance. He was here to support the she-alpha, nothing more. He took his place beside her, sitting down on his rear haunches while he waited for her to speak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 10:37 pm

ooc: yay Smile

Little Creek immidiately looked up when the alpha walked up, then she walked closer to the rock and sat down.

The older high ranking members followed Little Creek's example and sat closer.

Shining Sun only acknowledged Cloudtail's arrival with a slight glance backward. Her head held proudly high she looked over her small pack and said "Now, the Meeting can begin. Although not how I first planned. " She looked at Rabbitfoot and Eclipsed Moon. "Newcomers! Come forward now and state why you are here, and why i should allow you into my pack. If you are accepted, you will start off with another member choosing to accept you as their apprentice. If no one does, you are an Omega. Proceed." Her voice was firm, but regal. Her news could wait a bit longer..
Back to top Go down
firewaternair
New pack member
New pack member
firewaternair

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 1:55 pm

Eclipsed Moon looked shyly away towards his founded friends. Bright Bear nudged him softly forward.

"Mmmm my lady I only seek a place to rest my head I have nothing left and I am tired of being alone in this world, I want a place to call home", he said softly keeping his tail tucked and head lowered. His ears where flat upon his crown and laid back making him look very shy and timid.

He sat waiting for an instant strike as he lowered himself submissively only inches off the ground never once daring to take his eyes off the ground at the bottom of the rock the female sat upon.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 3:27 pm

RabbitFoot, whose foot was still injured, limped over to the rock where the Alphess sat:

"Alphess..." she said, her voice shaky and warped by pain, "I have traveled far from my old home...there was a great Fire...I believe them all dead. I have come here for medical care...security...but, most importantly, a home..."

Showing her submissivness properly, she bowed her head in respect, the weight shifting causing her splint (which she had made herself) to shift with her body.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Shining Sun looked around, waiting for someone to choose them.

Shooting Star was the first. Once both of them had made their pleas to the alphess, she walked over to Eclipsed Moon, and standing next to him looked up at Shining Sun and said "This wolf is now the apprentice of the spirit link. " She nodded to the wolf and said "Follow me newcomer."

Swift Cloud went up after her friend and stood by Rabbitfoot. "And this wolf is now the apprentice of the healer. " Then she murmured "Come on, sit next to me for the rest of the ceremony, you can talk to the other wolves later." before she went back with her friend and sat down.

Shining Sun took a deep breath. This would be hard to announce...even Cloudtail didn't know yet... But it would be done. But it would shock her little sister most, because the heir to the pack, could change.
"Fellow pack members, i move on to why i called this meeting. My parents legacy will now live on another generation...i am expecting pups. " It had been a trait in her family to not show it as much as some, but to know early on, if the female was expecting. She hoped the pack would take it well. Then she turned and murmured to Cloudtail in an emotionless voice "I'll be in our cave if you, or anyone else, needs me. " Then she trotted swiftly to the nearby caves, and lay down in her own for a nap.

The healer, spirit link, and legends eyes just widened, they knew it would happen eventually...

Little Creek stood up, and, her teeth clenched, went and sat behind a tree. This would mean her old position in the pack as heiress would change. She knew it would, her sister would easily pick a pup of her own than a sister who looked more like Red Falcon than her. She was fuming. She wasn't angry at her sister for going to have pups, just that it wasn't made more personal to her first, or something like that! It was shock to her, she would be an aunt! She felt strange, but didn't turn back around.
Back to top Go down

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Nightshade sat a bit distanced from the group, ears pressed forward to listen to her Alpha's words. She didn't particularly like the Alphas, or the packmembers, or being in a pack in general but she knew she could not survive otherwise. She knew her place in the pack and knew to respect. Respecting someone doesn't mean you have to like them. She kept her maw closed, but if any wolf approached her or showed interest in her they'd be greeted by a warning lift of a lip.
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 9:24 pm

RabbitFoot grinned slightly; she was now a healer's apprentice? Well...she did know the how to use herbs and other plants to treat wounds...and Lead Paw did show her how to make fire. Perhaps she'd like it here. She slowly limped over towards Swift Cloud, her tail wagging slightly. She sat down next to her new teacher, looking at these other wolves. How...different they were compared to Swift Rivers. Her coat was thicker and glossier than any of theirs, and she was only a young teenager who was starving. Must be the waterproofing, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 pm

Crouching Fox shrugged. "Well...he hasn't gone maniacal on me yet, so I guess he's...okay." He was unlike some apprentices; hording no extreme emotion towards his teacher - neither possessing radical adoration nor volatile dislike. Black Thorn was just...well...a wolf he had to listen to and adhere, and while he would very much prefer to be at play; he got the funny feeling that frolicking fields with a female companion (of which he thought he had a lot XD kekeke) wasn't going to get him anywhere in the upper ranks any faster.

His attention was diverted when Mr. Man - aka, Cloudtail - finally showed his mug. At first, he was a bit hesitant to give his respects - but once the Alpha's shadow loomed over him, he swiftly bowed his head to his chest; keeping it there only until his shadow passed. Crouching Fox *had* been tempted to pop his eyes out of their sockets and flare his nostrils at his Majesty, and maybe stick his tongue out while he was at it; but he thought against it. A possible plastic surgery - without the soothing presence of drugs to dull the pain of "nip and tuck" - however, didn't fit his best interests. With that done and over with, he tried his best to forego his ADD tendencies and pay attention to the female Alpha.

For once, what she said was very...interesting. His disbelieving ears had widened around the rims, and his eyes followed suit. *Pups, huh? With Cloudtail? Man, I'd never think that they'd get busy...*

After he watched the female Alpha depart, his sights sailed over to her sister, as he took in the vision of her storming away to the recluse of a tree. He cocked his head at the action, mildly curious at her actions. After he straightened his head, his legs shifted. For a brief moment he stood his ground, debating whether or not to go see what was wrong, but inevitably he gave up the possibility of a pursuit. It would be possible that Little Creek wasn't suffering from anything - and that he was simply overreacting. In addition, it...might be a little more smarter to wait until she supposedly cooled down, unless he was feeling suicidal (and he wasn't, by the way) and decided to take a stroll into the lion's den.

Puffing a sigh through his lips, he plopped himself back in his seat; even though the meeting might be over there were...other things he was waiting to see...
Back to top Go down
http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 9:51 pm

Black Thorn grinned at the news, though did little more than that. It was good news compared to the announcement at the last meeting, at least for him. The Delta still didn't know how he felt about Cloudtail being the new alpha. Sure, he showed him respect and had nothing negative to say, but he just needed to get use to the shift in power around here.

Puppies in the pack, however, was extremely good news. He always had a soft spot for little ones and, though he hid it behind his 'all-business' expression, he was eager to see pups running around again.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 9:28 am

Although the news was surely a shock to him, Cloud Tail showed nothing of emotion. He simply gave a nod and sat quietly. As soon as the meeting was disolved, he turned and walked away, going to the river for a drink.

It was a strange thing in the Light Valley pack's history for one such as him to be an alpha. He had been a soldier, pure and simple, before Shining Sun had asked him to rule by her side. Internally, the snowy wolf had been thrilled at the prospect. It was no secret that he cared for Shining Sun, although his stoic nature would never allow him to show it as most wolves might. He undertook his duties now with the same grim silence and determination as he had when a soldier. He knew it would put some off, but that was how he was. He could not change it anymore than he could change his icy blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 pm

While the new mentors led away their apprentinces, and the others slowly drifted away, a few stayed. Little Creek was now calm enough to come back from behind her tree and she lay down in the shade, a sad expression on her face. What would she do now? Certainly she would not be kept as heir once the pups were born and started showing their personalities!

Shining Sun had left, but she hadn't gone too far. She stopped by a small pool of water. She could just barely still see CloudTail. She sighed and looked at her reflection. What had happened...She never meant to have pups, but now she realized they would be helpful. At least one would make a better heir than her sister. One would have to. The alphess was untrusting, but no one knew more about her than CloudTail and her sister, and probably her sister knew her better. She shared little emotion with her fellow alpha, but she knew very well how were he helped her rule, though she was still in command completely. She also knew very welll his love for her, and it made no difference to her, but had been his favor when she chose him to lead with her. It meant, to her, that she had an loyal partner. Someone who would follow her word for anything. Or, that's what she thought anyway. And Shining Sun kept firm in her beliefs. But right now, she didn't know if she wanted company, or to remain alone with her reflection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pack Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pack Meeting!   Pack Meeting! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pack Meeting!
Page 1 of 1