The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Request of Great Importance!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

A Request of Great Importance! Empty
PostSubject: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! EmptySun May 18, 2008 8:39 pm

My roommate's sister, Emi, struggled through a difficult pregnancy. Her issues were compounded by anemia and severe asthma. Yet, with every fiber of her being, she wanted her child, her son. And on May 6, she was blessed with him. His name is Scott Collin, and he is premature. Yet, even though he is less than 2 weeks old, he is able to roll onto his side and almost hold his head up on his own. He already follows sound and makes eye contact, and when he smiles, he SMILES. He recognizes voices and knows when he hears something he likes (i.e. music, appliances, etc). But, he is not without his struggles.

Emi took Scott to the emergency room around 2 a.m. on the 17th. They admitted him around 5 a.m. At first, they thought he was just dehydrated, and Emi thought he was having a bad reaction to the soy-based formula they have him on because of his lactose intolerance. They've had saline drips on him since he got to the ER, but he's still not holding fluids. The doctors aren't even able to do simple blood tests on him because he won't bleed.

Emi came home about the time I was taking Catarina (her daughter) up from her nap. She said that the yellow tint Scott had from the jaundice is gone... Scott's pale as a sheet. He lays there and doesn't move or make much noise, and he doesn't want to be messed with at all. That in itself is strange, because Scott is a very hands-on little boy.

The doctors are baffled. When Emi was here, she mentioned the idea of a spinal tap... She's scared senseless, you can tell by looking at her. We have the memory of Grace's funeral fresh in our minds, and this isn't helping. She loves that little boy with all her heart, and not knowing what's wrong is killing her.

Currently, Emi is at the hospital with Scott and I'm at Emi's with Catarina. There's no telling how long this will last. They found out that Scott was actually 4 1/2 weeks early, not 3, and the hospital was cleared by Medicare to release him too soon. His poor little body is just so tired right now... he's struggling. He'll be 2 weeks old on Tuesday.

I haven't heard from Emi in the past few hours, but I'm banking on "no news is good news" right now. I'll give updates as they come in. Once more, prayers, good thoughts, warm wishes, ANYTHING are asked for, welcomed, and appreciated. Scott's a stubborn little boy, - he takes after his momma in that respect - but there's only so much he can take.

Thank you, everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:03 pm

I hope everything turns out ok, if not great.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Update::

I heard from Emi that they changed Scott's formula. He might not be lactose intolerant, per say, but his system might not be developed enough to break down the lactate. The same goes for the soy. They put him on a premie-blend formula, which is pretty much pre-digested and easier to process. He's started coming around; he's moving around, wants to be held, and is making his cute chittering/cooing/squeaking noises again. But, he's still very weak and very dehydrated. We're still waiting.

Thank you all.

~ Robin Lynn
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Oh, Ava...

He will be in my thoughts and my prayers. I hope it all works out.
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
NocturneIAm

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:59 am

I can light a candle for them. Everything will work out Smile
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Emi and Scott came home. He's very much back to himself; he squeaks, he chirs, he chitters, he smiles... Although, he's very weak and tired still. He's still got a ways to go, but he's got a strength in him that I don't think most people realize is there.

Thanks to those who've helped us pray, and I hope that you will continue to keep this tiny boy in your prayers. He's got a long, hard road ahead of him. He needs all the love and support we can give him.

Thanks.

~Robin Lynn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Request of Great Importance!   A Request of Great Importance! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Request of Great Importance!
Page 1 of 1