The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bug.gd (error solving tips)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Bug.gd (error solving tips) Empty
PostSubject: Bug.gd (error solving tips)   Bug.gd (error solving tips) EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 7:13 am

Bug.gd
Are you sick and tired of getting errors you have no clue about or what program they're related to? Surely, someone has probably run into the same error as you, right? Well, you’re not the only one with that thought!

On Bug.gd, you can search by error to see if anyone else has encountered it. I recently had a computer meltdown, which was very frustrating, because I just bought a new computer. Somehow, my hal.dll file got corrupted. I had to do a clean installation of Windows XP, which was both time consuming and irritating!

I found this Web site afterwards and it was interesting to see what steps I did and what else I could have tried before wiping the hard drive and starting fresh. There were eight recommended steps and if I got to step nine, it was clear the hard drive itself was bad.

To search for information about your error, type the error message into the search box and then click on the Search button. If you leave the Reminder button checked, you’ll get a pop up window asking for your e-mail address to send you a reminder to share your solution on the site. You can skip that by either unchecking the reminder box or selecting the No Thanks, Just Let Me Search option.

Now, you’ll get a list of results that you can go through to search for the best solution to your problem. It might take a few quick looks at some results to see if they match your exact issue. I hit the nail on the head with the third entry for my hal.dll fiasco.

This is a great computer resource and I hope you’ll bookmark it. Have fun fixing your computer on your own!

http://bug.gd/search/index2

~ Amanda
Back to top Go down

Bug.gd (error solving tips)
Page 1 of 1