The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD Empty
PostSubject: Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD   Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 10:37 pm

Yes! Hard to believe as it is, in both Britain and Australia, Santa is being told to go politically-correct to avoid offending people in some fashion or another.

First, in Australia:
SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Source link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Next, in Jolly Ol' England:

Santa is being told to... LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD SantaAerobicsSWNS_468x308

Santa is being told to shift the pounds before Christmas - because the obese saint is failing to set a "good example" for children. The traditional children's hero, best known for feasting on mince pies left out on Christmas eve, has always sported a bulging midriff. But shopping centre bosses are giving the well-wisher his marching orders - to the nearest gym - to tackle the increasing problem of obesity. The revelation comes after a medical report earlier this month stated that by 2050 more than 50 per cent of Brits will be obese.
Bluewater shopping centre in Greenhithe, Kent, has even gone one step further and set-up a Santa boot camp.
Fiona Campbell-Reilly, spokeswoman at the shopping centre, said: "Santa has been around for years, but society has changed and our Santa needs to reflect this.
"Bluewater's Santa Boot Camp is getting Santa in shape and setting a good example to children who idolise him. "He will still be the same lovable jolly man, but will be fitter and healthier."
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD   Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 am

Oh no!

Hmmm...can't really come up with a good response. This is pretty dumb if you ask me. Kids aren't going to be fat or chauvinists because of Santa. It is because they eat to many twinkies and chase them with sodas. I'm not sure why they become chauvinists, there are probably lots of reasons for that.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD   Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Yeezz....... And i have read that news in dutch... on the way back from work to home.

How crazy those things can get... soon they go to ban also other things that are used traditionally. I find it self personally ridiculous....

For here in Holland having the Traditionally "black piets" (Sinterklaas), but now its discriminating the Moroccans / Turkish people.

*sighs*
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD   Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 10:41 pm

But you can't discriminate against those whacky, fun-loving Muslim Turks!

Bah... Don't get me started.

As a dear friend of mine will often say,

"I love Islam!" XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD   Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD Empty

Back to top Go down

Politically-correct SANTA?! GIVE ME A BREAK! XD
Page 1 of 1