The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALL members, read please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

ALL members, read please Empty
PostSubject: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I need to know what you think of this idea: to create a subforum for the packs so there are separate forums for the Camp and for the Territory, with the Camp being the subforum as it's inside the territory, and within the Camp we all post a thread titled 'Yourwolf's Den' (obviously, with yourwolf replaced as the name of your character) where the initial post is the description of the den and that's where all of the den happenings are posted. It could cut down on thread clutter, keeping us from posting more than once for the same area but this idea works best with the no liquid time that we were going to implement later on when we have more members. So to do this we'd have to start no liquid time right now...at least for the Camp area anyways. And when your character gets a mate, the two players can decide between themselves whose den to move into or to create a new den, at which time...and here's where I'll need your opinion also...the old den/s can either be labeled 'Abandoned' and can be available to be claimed by another or the old den can be sent to the Archives. Tell me your thoughts and whether or not you approve.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 pm

It makes the posts in the pack sectors looking need, if we do this. Something what i had all said in an other thread..... So i am for it, for that of when single wolves move in together, or going to move out of their parents den. Don't know if they want to live their single live with their parents, while some may be do that. I think it is then better to move the den they used to rp in allot, to move to the history. (can make there also a subforum, called "Legends of the Dens." Or something in that direction.

Of course if someone wants to claim the abandoned then, maybe there could be a slight history note being placed in it, for in the case a famous or special wolf lived there.

Maybe an idea to make a poll of it? to see what everyone else thinks about the idea?
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I am not sure about the switching from a single forum into two sub forums. I mean I have had to do that before but it was difficult to keep up especially if the characters have to switch from the camp thread to the territory thread back to the camp thread, etc. But the den idea sounds good.^^
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't know what you mean by switching from camp to territory to camp to territory, unless they were running around like crazy o-o for instances like that...say you have a young character that's just got a burst of energy and is running around to blow off some steam or whatever you wouldn't have to post in both areas just for that because yes, that would be silly x3. But if you have a character that was, let's say, sent on a mission by the Alpha to...I dunno...find something in the territory and bring it back or something then yes you'd have to post separately because perhaps out in the territory your character could encounter another animal that he/she wouldn't inside Camp. I just like the idea of having to have your character actually having to go to other places, instead of mashing it all together in one massive thread. I hate that ><. To me it seems...I dunno..more realistic for them to actually have to leave and enter certain separate areas like you would in a more interactive game. That's a goal of mine for TBMS, to make it more interactive :3. It would be more fun for the players. It'd be a little more work for Staff but I believe we'd find it fun as well.
As an afterthought on the den threads, I'd also like to make threads in the territory for special areas, such as the sacred tree and the graveyard and have them stickied as those are important and notable places.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Meo, i see your point in it to make the whole roleplaying posting more interactive... And what i think that Zan, means with that switching all over the forum for the story line, making more work for the participating wolves / players.

Now a question: What if a wolf needs the Alpha or the healer or someone else from the pack. Then you need to make a tread from their own den. inside the Camp section, followed by a new one for arriving, entering the other wolf's den. Then a new post in territory, where they do things. Of course at the end of the day, posting back in the den post where they started. (or creating a new one) Same applies if there is all post of the Den from the wolf you need, can you then just barge in with your post, that you need that wolf, that while maybe that there is all story going on?

For me i see this as allot of work for the writer, who needs also to keep track of all the other sections of where the character is at t he moment, so that he or she posts then in the right section. While we have now with the stories, is start one and the tread stays at one place, while the story takes it to the other sections of the packs realm.

Example for how i see what you mean by it, Meo.
A wolf wakes up in his / her den, and decides to pay a visit to the graveyard, to seek, be with the one who passed away. This includes all two different posts in two sections.

Or the healer finds out that the supplies are running very low, and goes to seek for more. Again two posts, in diff locations.

--------

Hmm...... now it has just two locations inside a packs borders... but what if a wolf NEEDS to get out of it, to find what is needed. then it goes to an other section, of unclaimed area.

Allot more work, while in a computer game it is much easier enter, leave an area. roleplaying storyposting....... i don't know

I hope my post is clear. If not feel fee to ask for clearing up moment. Wolf wink Ear wiggle
Back to top Go down
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Zandalen

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah that is what I meant.^^
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Well, that's what I ask for :3 *waits for others to reply*

But, I mean, sure it's a little more work but to me it seems more realistic. I truly hate having everything mashed into one thread. But two posts would be the maximum you'd have to make and it wouldn't be hard..I mean we wouldn't be asking you to make a huge post just to exit your den. For example, say it's morning and your character wakes up in his den. You can post something simple like: Wolfie wakes up and exits the den.
I know we have a five sentence rule here, but you won't get in trouble for making a single sentence exit post when there's nobody else around for your character to interact with because you don't have to give someone something to reply to. Then, in that post at the bottom as an OOC note, just put (Wolfie goes to 'threadname') so people know where your character is headed to next. Now, say Wolfie wants to visit the Graveyard. You do not have to make a thread in the territories saying Wolfie is passing through and then make a post in the Graveyard thread saying Wolfie has arrived. Just post directly in the Graveyard thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALL members, read please   ALL members, read please Empty

Back to top Go down

ALL members, read please
Page 1 of 1