The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) Empty
PostSubject: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:46 am

As we all know, there have been some major issues bouncing around regarding various members of our board. These problems have escalated and in order to avoid potential copyright problems, The Black Mountain Pack is getting an overhaul here on this board.

Upfront: We are not planning on moving boards.

The Name:
The Black Mountain Pack (TBMP) name will be changed to The White Ridge Pack (TWRP).

Characters:
You do not need to create new characters!
The characters of yours that were part of The Black Mountain Pack will still be part of The White Ridge Pack. You will not need to leave or create new characters.

Religion:
The religion will be updated. Names and appearances of various spirits and gods will be different, but the functions will be very much the same.

The Forum:
Working in conjunction with our very own board designer, Avadedra Hetarra and I will soon be rolling out an icy cold winter theme to match our season here. We will continue to create fresh new looks as the seasons change through Spring, Summer, and Fall as well.

If there are any questions, please post them here and either myself or Firestorm will address them as soon as we possibly can.

Thanks guys, and happy roleplaying!

- Zeroki
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:53 am

For the name change. The only problem what could get or be is the Web address (url)
I see well in the admin panel that site name can be changed, but i don't think of the url. Maybe that that is possible also, only need to dig deeper in the panel options to find it, if it is there.

If Anyone wants it, I could put together a stats site for the pack. That is.... if you want me to do it.

An icy cold winter? Then i shall need to grab my fur coat, while Spring is just closing in rapitly (in our time, not knowing in what time / day / month the packs self live in.)

That of the templates for the 4 seasons. We could reuse them every season, saves the time of creating, thinking and modding time.

EDIT:
Just checked the help and the URL change can be done too.
http://help.forumotion.com/t118-change-the-forum-address-myaddressforumotioncom?highlight=url+change
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:12 am

Kotie: For the URL change, I knew it could be done, I just couldn't remember the specifics of it. Thank you for finding that resource for us, I will have to forward that to Firestorm. Smile

I've actually got a stats site in the works right now, for both packs and for the cougars all in one place. I think you'll like it.

In our time, it is getting close to spring (believe me, I know; I live in Colorado, where this technically takes place)

I was thinking about just keeping the themes set as templates for us and then just change the banner image every season (which isn't too hard to be honest.)
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:39 am

Yes, only lets hope it doesn't go to ask for the admins password that you made upon creating this board, or else we are stuck with that name. Your welcome.

I just did a search on that forum, to see if it came up somewhere, as normal admins don't have the access to the funding stones of the board. (Also if a rollback is needed, see the admin section)

Oohhh... I really like the sound of that. Please mail me the files if you are done, or got it hosted somewhere. You can also manually change the current url to the packs site I inserted above. If needing help feel free to poke me.

I have noticed that in the temperature here In Weesp too.

Yes, that is the easiest to just change the banner pic to the suitable season, while the rest of the forum keeps it green look, unless that is also part of the change.

A last thing I was thinking on, most forums and rps that have a fixed area, has also a map of where it plays out. The packs bounderies, their camp, and special, notable areas of interest. (Saw a map on the forum that Meo posted as exampe.) Its something nice to have, but it takes also quite some time to make it that.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 am

This is the current site I have set up: As I said, I think you guys will like it:

http://snowsofwhiteridge.webs.com/

Gripes, comments, complaints, etc feel free to tell me.

But for now, I need to go to bed. I'm about to fall over. Razz
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:35 am

Sleep well Zeroki. Just gave you a few pm's about my ideas. It are the same ones I posted on that of Meo when she started on it.

Is it possible to have a rolldown menu for the packs.
The main for what you have now

Then for the packs
Main pack with on right side the current pack condition.
- The rank identification
- The rules and laws
- Their believes.

For that of home
- You can add. Area description with picture (last is nice to have, no must)
- Herbs?
Rest i don't know yet.

The start is good, and you do it good. Feel free to bother me with the technical stuff if you get stuck. (Love to help out with this kind of thing. Got a bit of itchy fingers / paws to help with the webstite)

The chars names can get links to their profile. So that if you click on one, you get a new window to that char. (see my pm about it)
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm

The website has been updated with rank indicators for the packs, rules and laws, and religions/deities.

The Pack Ranks and Religion are the first pages you go to when you click the navigation bar. The rank identifiers and laws are in the dropdown.

The Cougar Clan has been updated with all the information that I could find.

More images will be coming soon in our new Photo Gallery, with sections for each group (White Ridge, Swift River, and the Cougar Clan)

If there are any more suggestions from anyone, please feel free to post here or contact me. Very Happy

And also: Ranking feathers for The White Ridge Pack have changed. The new changes are on the webpage under the ranking identification page for White Ridge.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Very nicely done, Zeroki Wolf Howl Very Happy

Self i have updated the stats list here of the Swift rivers, so that when you click on a name, you go to the profile of that wolf. It was a bit of work to find all the profiles and to create the link. (Got a notepad file of it, for what the url is for each name.) That is so long i could find a profile of it.

Don't know if it is a nice idea to have that also implemented to the website. Think about it.

Must still do that for the Other pack. Only when the forum url gets changed all those links must be updated too.

For the Photo Gallery, insert all the photo's of the chars into that. Even they are all to be seen in the profile self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)   Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes Coming to TBMS (ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS)
Page 1 of 1