The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) Empty
PostSubject: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:55 am

((It wasn't my turn, but to help things along I'll put my last post here. In addition, if you need to reacquaint yourself with your character, feel free to visit the link to the old board here and read through the RP: http://p070.ezboard.com/ftheblackmountainsagafrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=9.topic&start=1&stop=25 ))

"Even the ancients knew very little about the guardians, I am afraid." Mishaeka told Takanai, "And even I spent very little time with them in the end. The answers will come in time, but the first task is to find the weapons. Only by the right person, the descendant of the guardian they served, can they be found, and perhaps with them, they will bring some of the answers you seek."
I turned the sword over in my hand. "Mishaeka... You said... I am a descendant of Salporin?"

"Yes." Mishaeka answered, "You are the one chosen to complete his task. You carry his blood and his power within you, and thus the sword responds to you."

I gazed at the figures on the wall. This was certainly a heavy responsibility. It was then that my eyes ran across something. It appeared to be just hanging there, a scabbard, otherwise called a sheath. It hung on a formed pillar near the etching of the ancient guardian Salporin. Out of curiousity I moved toward it and tried to slip the sword inside. It was a perfect fit!

I took the scabbard down and held it in my hands a moment. It was a black scabbard with red runes running down along the length. They seemed to be made of some reflective thread or leather. I wasn't sure which.

I took it down and buckled it around my waist. With amazement I noticed it fit my just like the blade... This too must have belonged to Salporin, but if it was made for him, how did it fit me?

Mishaeka in the meantime was still speaking with the others. He turned his attentions to Jaina. "This task has been laid before you, Jaina." he answered, "You must decide whether you believe this to be right... But if only for yourself, you should seek the arms of your anscestor... For your protection."

I stepped back over to the others just as, as if to punctuate Mishaeka's point, the entire chamber began to shake terribly. "Not again!" I groaned, fearing that I had either triggered something when I had taken the scabbard or had stepped on and activated some ancient trap like you see in movies.

But neither turned out to be the case. A strange creature burst from one of the far walls. Mishaeka gave a yelp of surprise, "A vohrsoth! RUN!"

The Vorsoth was a horrific sight. It resembled a large scarrab beetle with a dimly reflective gold/brass colored shell,but it's head was human in appearance. Four glowing red eyes lined the sides of its head and its mouth was lined with rows of razor-sharp teeth. The creature had two legs and four arms. Its two legs were as thick as tree trunks. It's lower half of arms wielded a pair of rusted blades that still looked capable of inflicting plenty of pain, and its top arms ended in a pair of deadly-looking scythes.

Without knowing what to do, I bolted for the door, "Jaina! Cato! Tanakai! Let's get out of here!"

"GO!" Mishaeka yelled to them. He quickly floated toward the vohrsoth and began to move quickly around it as a humming-bird. Hard as it tried, the Vohrsoth could not hit him... At least not for the time-being.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 4:28 am

((At last, here is my post, my deepest appologies for keeping it stalled for so long.))

Cato listened to the questions everyone asked and to the answers on them. Also what Mishaeka had to say to them. While paying attention to Mishaeka he saw with one eye what Jacen found that something that belongs to the sword. Even it was clever hidden, that you couldn’t see it just from a far distance, but it was there.

Hearing that there is ancient power and blood in him, if he found his weapon, what ever that is then. But that is then odd as his parents never said something about it. Anyhow that is something then to ask when he is out of here. Just when he wanted to ask a question to Mishaeka, for how they recognize there own ancestor, for getting to there own weapon, there was al of the sudden there another Earthquake and he said loudly “oh no, not another one!!” As he tried to keep on his feet, he some sand falling down from the ceiling and hoped that the ceiling wouldn’t collapse.

Hearing a loud crack from a distant wall that gave away, the shaking stopped and the dust began to settle down, he saw that there stood a huge beetle in front of the gap in the wall. Cato was paralyzed for a few seconds as he looked at the huge beetle with four blades, two rusted blades and two scythes.

Fear crept into him even he wanted to follow Jacen, as he ran to an exit, and heard him saying to ‘get out of here’. Only he couldn’t, until Mishaeka yelled ‘GO’ and bolted after the others. While Mishaeka went towards the large beetle.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:41 pm

ooc: Ok, i'm answering on the basis of what a remember. Slightly. o.o Oh well, someone correct me if i mess up! XD

I was entranced by the idea that i too had a weapon waiting for me here. That i was an descent of an ancient, amazing person. I almost didn't want to run despite the sight of the horrific creature charging at us. Finally fear tore me away from the sight and i took off, my feet pounding heavily on the ancient floor as i ran away from the beast...

ooc: not good, but i think the best its going to get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 10:17 pm

Jaina crossed her arms over her chest. So she was descended from an ancient warrior... so what? Why did this responsibility fall on her ... on all of them? She never asked for this. She never even wanted to come here, to a completely different country in the scorching desert. No, she just wanted to go home.

Still ... if she could get past her stubborn thoughts and fears, she was curious. She was decended from an ancient warrior! How cool was that? And somewhere in this pyramid, there was a weapon, especially for her? She had three others here, plus Mishaeka, so it wasn't like she was totally alone in this. Maybe she could pull off being this 'guardian'. After all, it was her destiny.

"Sure, Mishaeka, I'm in -" Suddenly, the room began to shake with a strange violence and Jaina let out a shrill scream as a large beetle-like creature burst into the room.

She did not hesitate when Jacen yelled for them all to get out of there.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Even as the others ran past, I found myself skidding to a halt. I turned around to see Mishaeka. Here he was, a little creature who'd done no one any wrong, who'd waited patiently for all these millenia for the chosen ones... for us... and now that we were here, we ran like the scared children we were. This couldn't be right! Mishaeka needed help. "What can I do?" I sighed. I was no guardian, and I knew it. I touched the hilt of my newly-aquired sword, feeling that this was all my fault.

"GO!" Mishaeka yelled again as he barely dodged out of the way of one of the Vorsoth's scythes, "Get out of here!" I looked up again. No, I decided. No... We couldn't just run away. We couldn't just leave Mishaeka here. It was in that moment that I made a decision that would alter the rest of my life. I turned a moment to face the others.

"Get out of here!" I said, "There's nothing you can do!" Turning my gaze back toward the battle scene, I was just in time to see the back of one of the Vorsoth's scythes make contact with Mishaeka. The poor creature was sent barreling through the air, stopping only when he slammed into it and slid to the ground, knocked unconscious.

Knowing it had its prey right where it wanted it, the Vohrsoth advanced slowly and menacingly on the heroic Mishaeka. Barely realizing what I was doing, I drew my sword, feeling the textured grip and ensuring it was snuggly in my hands. "Hey!" I called angrily, trying to draw the monster's attention, "You! Vohrsoth!"

The vorsoth turned it's all-too-human head and glared at me, it's glowing red eyes narrowing to slits. Crying out a challenge, I rushed toward the Vohrsoth. I held my blade ready Seeing (what it considered to be) my foolishness, the Vohrsoth turned and advanced against me. Every step seemed to shake the chamber. Almost too soon, we met, and with a horrible crash our blades made contact with one another for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2007 1:26 pm

As Cato was running after the others and passed a slowing down Jacen. Cato wondered if there was something wrong and so he slowed down and stopped. He looked back towards Jacen with the look of why he stopped. Then he saw in the background, of how Mishaeka barely missed a direct hit from one of the beetle’s scythes.

Hearing the commanding words of Mishaeka to get out of here, Cato wanted to go, only to where then, as he didn’t know that. So he stood there watching the combat scene unfolding. When Jacen said it also, Cato replied to him, “And go to where then?”” Even Jacen was right, about that we could do nothing as we didn’t had any weapons. “And what about you then, Jacen?” Cato asked him. Just as he was finished he saw how Mishaeka got hit by one of the scythes from the Vorsoth, that sent poor Mishaeka against a wall that stopped him and landed on the ground.

Cato stood there in shock, by seeing that mishaeka was taken out of the action, he was even unsure if he was still alive…. Seeing what Jacen did, He got his answer for what he was going to do. Drawing his sword and charging the Vorsoth. Cato closed his eyes for not wanting to see what happens next, he opened them only when he heard a loud clash of swords hitting each other. Giving a sigh of relieve, that he wasn’t hurt….. but now to fight against it.

Looking back to mishaeka, he decided to go to him to see if he is okay, turning to the others he said “I don’t know what you two are going to do but I’m going to look if mishaeka is okay.” Cato ran to him, trying to make sure he wasn’t seen by the Vorsoth. He knelt down by him and saw that he had no visible injuries. Placing gently a hand on what would be his shoulder, he gently shook on it and said “Hey, Mishaeka? wake up!” Getting no response from him, he shook him a bit harder. “Mishaeka, wake up!!”
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 9:06 pm

I was terrified. I was no more than a young girl, yet i felt out of place...the two boys were taking their places as descendents of ancient wariors so bravely...although they had all been told to run. Even so I felt ashamed as I ducked behind a nearby column to catch my breath and to wish my racing heart would stop pounding.

I didn't want to hide...but i wasn't sure i wanted to fight either. And i certainly didn't want to run with the boys fighting and Mishaeka hurt! So i hid there...trying to make up my mind as i heard the furious clashing of ancient sword and monstrous scythes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)   The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ring (Continued; ATTN Kotelinie, Imara, Fauna)
Page 1 of 1