The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-04-04

The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) Empty
PostSubject: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:29 pm

It was another sleepless night. There had been many of those over the years...so much so that the Spiritual could hardly remember the last time he had enjoyed a peaceful night's rest.

His joints ached. His muscle had lost their form; the fur had lost its illustrious sheen. His eyes told the story of a once proud wolf who made a sacrifice for his pack...and for what? For a war that killed many and left the old homelands in a pile of ashes. He had been tormented by this for years, always wondering how things might have been if he had not made that life-altering decision. Perhaps it would have changed nothing. The packs would still have gone to war, the lands would have gone up in a blaze. Perhaps the only difference that was made was eliminating the doubt of the fate of the pack's rabbit companion.

Silver Eagle could only hope that his apprentice would learn from his mistakes. He often prayed that she would never choose his same fate. Nothing was worth the torment and agony that he had endured for so long.

As the night grew old, Silver Eagle slowly meandered through the freshly packed snow. A gentle, but chilled breeze brushed through his fur. As much as Silver Eagle enjoyed the glow of the snow in the bright light of the moon, the cold air only made his body ache more. He was reminded all too much of his age, and how he seemed to need to rest more often from his walks. Tonight, he sought a quiet place where he could lay on some dry ground, away from the bitter cold of the snow. But the dens would not do; too many wolves were around. Tonight was somehow different. Silver Eagle felt the urge to go some place alone. He had no idea where he was going, but he would know when he found it.

As Silver Eagle emerged from the edge of the woodlands, he beheld a single pine tree not much more than 100 yards away. He felt drawn to this tree, like it was where he was supposed to be right now. While it wasn't far away, it sure seemed like it to his old bones.

As Silver Eagle reached the shelter of the underside of the pine tree, a gentle flurry of snow began to fall from the sky. He found a dry patch of ground to settle on, and then just lied there staring in to the vast valley of snow. Something about tonight was very different, this he could sense. But there was something that Silver Eagle needed to do first...someone he had to see.
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 pm

((I forgot to add, Wind Feather ONLY in the beginning please. I will open the thread up to everyone later.))
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:57 pm

She had been sleeping soundly, warmly comfortable against the warm body of her young daughter, when her body jerked and she jolted awake. Windfall mumbled incoherently, eyes fluttering open to peer at her woken mother a moment before she fell back into a sound sleep. Wind Feather was panting and the fur along her spine rippled as a chill raced down it. Something had woken her...a sound. Wind Feather strained to listen, ears pressing forward as her eyes flicked through the surrounding darkness of her den. There was the sound! A soft whispering sound, like someone moving through the nearby brush above ground. The white and orange colored female gently disentangled herself from her and Falling Snow's daughter and silently slipped from the den. She was about halfway out when a flicker of pale glowing white caught her eye and Wind Feather froze, her heart contracting and her breath catching in her throat. There, moving silently through the forest was someone only her and Silver Eagle could see. The pure white glowing pelt, the set of whitetail antlers perched on top of the wolven head and the otherworldly size meant only one thing.

Pulse Wolf was here for someone.

Pulling herself the rest of the way from the den, Wind Feather kept her eye on the figure. Once she was fully out in the open she did not hesitate to quickly trot after him. She made a point of being silent, only for the sake of the other sleeping pack members as she knew the immortal moving ahead of her was already aware of her presence. He proved it further by pausing and looking back at her, his endless eyes beckoning. He wanted her to follow. She further picked up the pace, heart hammering now. She had a feeling who he was leading her to, and she only prayed to First Wolf that she was not too late. The signs were obvious in his old age that his health was declining, but she'd not wanted to admit it. She trotted faster, now almost a run and quickened only further when she realized the direction that Pulse Wolf was leading her. The Graveyard.

No. No. Nonononono! was all she kept repeating in her mind, terrified that he'd gone before she could see him one last time..the wolf that had been like a father to her after White Ash had died in that wretched war. Wind Feather burst into the clearing that was The Graveyard, heart pounding, and her light brown eyes landed on the pale pelt of her old mentor.

"Silver Eagle!" she yipped, rushing up to him and touching her nose to his forehead before even taking a moment to be sure he was still alive. Wind Feather stepped back, eyes brimming with tears, as she searched his body. Yes, yes he was still breathing! She glanced around, realizing that Pulse Wolf was still with them but was hanging back at the edge of The Graveyard. She looked back down at the old Spiritual and she dropped to her belly to be eye to eye with him. Wind Feather nuzzled the old wolf's chin and whined,"Silver Eagle...I'm here." she whispered in a crackling voice.
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 pm

As he watched the tiny snowflakes fall from the sky, the old Spiritual perked his ears at the sound of his name being called. His eyes squinted to see who was coming at him and eventually was able to make out the markings. It was Wind Feather, and Silver Eagle felt relieved to see her. He said nothing as she checked him over, looking in to her sad eyes as she lied down next to him. There were so many things he needed to tell her, and he knew there wasn't much time. He too could see the pale white figure in the distance.

I am glad you came. Do not be sad for me Wind Feather...in a way, I am glad. I could use a good sleep."

His body was so tired, his mind foggy.

"But there are some things you must know. Soon you will be the pack's spiritual guide, and they will look to you for guidance and wisdom. But, there are things I have not told you, and there are matters within the pack that you may have the power to greatly influence. The alpha may have the final word, but history has shown that the Spiritual's guidance can sway the pack in one direction or another. It is a matter that you must never take lightly, and I pray you will not make my mistakes."

At that, Silver Eagle moved his muzzle to shift away some of the fur along his left shoulder, exposing part of the mark he had been brandished with so many years ago.

"I was branded with this mark many years ago, perhaps before you were born. The only spirituals who obtain this mark are those who step into the realm of the dead. It is a sad and hopeless place, as it is filled with the spirits of those who have not passed on and remain in this world. Should you ever encounter one, this is often the mark seen on witches. Many witches obtain this mark because by stepping in to the realm of the dead, one can obtain great power...the power to know the the truth of what has already passed, what is now that you can not see, and in some cases...what has not yet come to pass."

"I took this mark when Black Mountain's rabbit pack member was mysteriously killed. Sage Ghost had her suspicion that it was a Swift River wolf, but had no proof. The death of the rabbit brought great sadness to many, and in my own desire to bring closure and justice, I stepped in to the realm of the dead. I could only do it with Pulse Wolf's permission, but in doing so, I put my very soul in danger. With this power, the temptation to use it for one's own purposes can be great. But in doing so I learned the truth behind the rabbit's murder, and I let Sage Ghost know."

The thought of what he had done brought sadness to his eyes, knowing what the implications of his actions had been.

"I suffered greatly ever since then. By entering this world I was haunted by its inhabitants and spent much of my time trying to help these spirits move on. But had I never chosen this path, things may have been very different for us all. And so this is my first bit of wisdom that I wish to pass on to you. Every choice we make has a consequence, and it may be small...or life changing. We never know fully what our actions will lead to, but with prayer and meditation, you can comprehend the possible implications. It is my hope that you will never make the same choice I made, and as much as my mentor instructed me on the consequences of stepping in to the realm of the dead, I never fully comprehended what it would mean for me and my life. I made my decision, and I can never take it back, but it is my hope that you will never take on this mark...even if you do it with good intentions."

At this Silver Eagle looked back over towards Pulse wolf, and could see that the spirit was moving ever so slowly away from the edge of the forest.

"If there is time, there is more I must tell you."
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Silver Eagle looked to Wind Feather with his tired eyes that had once been filled with life, but grew more and more empty with each passing minute. His time was short, this he knew.

"You were there on the day Swift Storm was born. You know as well as I do the darkness that took safe haven within him when he was still in the womb...and what that spirit is capable of. It was because of the strength of the spirit that I sealed it inside of Swift Storm so that it could never take over his body."

The night was growing late, and it would be light soon. It seemed that with every step Pulse Wolf took, Silver Eagle felt more tired. But he was used to the feeling, and had to stay strong for Wind Feather, even if just for a few more moments.

"Swift Storm is strong and proud, but since he was young I have always seen his inner desire to be accepted. His secret has remained a secret from some, but there are more who know of the darkness inside of him. He sees how his brother, Whispering Owl, has raised up among the highest ranks while he remains below. He strives to prove himself to those above him, and it is my hope that he one day will. But there is something you must know should the spirit ever break free."

"While the spirit will never be able to take over Swift Storm's body permanently, there is always the chance that Swift Storm will lose control and allow the spirit to become unleashed. If this happens...I predict that he will go in to a rage. Should this happen, there may be only one wolf who could stop him and relinquish control back to Swift Storm. Do not try to stop it yourself, but find Whispering Owl. Their bond as brothers and the blood they share is Swift Storm's best hope of pushing the spirit back into containment, and while I pray that Swift Storm would never intentionally shed the blood of another...it may come down to blood being shed from the two of them before he can be controlled again."

Pulse Wolf was near now, almost to the tree where Silver Eagle lied.

"And remember, dear one, to be prudent and wise in your guidance of others. You must be the voice of reason and sound judgment when the pack needs it most. Do not let the feelings or politics of others cloud your judgment...even those of the alpha. You may be loyal to the alpha, but ultimately your true loyalty lies with a higher power. It is not your job to agree with the alpha to make her happy...you must guide others using the gift that has been bestowed upon you."

With that, the bright spirit of Pulse Wolf stood next to the two spirituals. It was time for Silver Eagle to go home.

"Remember that I am never far away. When you need it, you will always have guidance...be it from me or the Spirits. All you have to do is ask, and you will receive the help you need. But I leave knowing the pack is in your good paws."

With those final words, the old Spiritual looked to Pulse Wolf. The Spirit touched his nose to Silver Eagle's forehead, and as the first light of the sun rose over the horizon, the spirit of Silver Eagle slipped out of his body and now stood next to Pulse Wolf. But this was not the old, haggard, and tired self of Silver Eagle. The Spiritual stood proud again next to Pulse Wolf and looked over to Wind Feather with the bright and wise gaze he used to have. It was with that gaze that he hoped would bring Wind Feather reassurance."

"Do not be sad, for I am home now and at peace. You always know where to find me."

With that, Silver Eagle and Pulse Wolf took their leave. All that remained of the Spiritual was the now lifeless body.

[i]
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

((Sorry it took me so long to reply x.x))

Wind Feather nodded silently when her old teacher mentioned he had more to say. Her eyes never broke contact with his as he spoke about the evil laying dormant within Swift Storm. Wind Feather felt her stomach clench, knowing that the dark taint in his soul could not be controlled. The bright light of Pulse Wolf at the edge of her vision caused her to glance only for a second at the Forest Spirit before she returned her attention back to Silver Eagle. She scooted a little closer and laid her head upon her paws, touching her nose to his, and whined softly,"Yes, Silver Eagle." she whispered, lifting her head again when he did. The moment the mortal and the Spirit touched, Wind Feather's heart broke. She watched with tears streaming down her face as her old teacher and father figure now stood, translucent, young, healthy and strong. A smile came to her muzzle at his final words, though tears continued to flow, and she nodded to him. The flash of blinding light caused Wind Feather to squeeze her eyes shut and turn her head away...and when she looked back they were gone. Wind Feather gazed down at the still body of the gone Spiritual and again touched her nose to his before sitting up and lifting a mourning howl through the air. Calling the pack once again to The Graveyard to bury a highly loved and great wolf.

[End rp? :3]
Back to top Go down
NewDawn
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:21 pm

((Let's give other s a chance to reply if they so desire. If no one replies over the next few days, then it can end.))
Back to top Go down
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
Meoquanee

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 am

((Allrighty then :3))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)   The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee) Empty

Back to top Go down

The passing of a generation (ATTN: Meoquanee)
Page 1 of 1