The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) Empty
PostSubject: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Early afternoon found the river bank deserted and little for Fire Hawk to do. Her pawsteps, the only sounds she could hear besides the birds, made her feel both at peace and helplessly alone. The she-wolf sat at the edge of the river, letting the water lap at her toes, and looked at her reflection.
I look like what my mother hated, the aunt I barely knew... The truth of that would remain with her always. As often happened, a memory sprang unbidden to her mind.

"Hello! You are all so beautiful. I'm Red Falcon, i'm sure you've heard far too much about me from your mother. To you, and your aunt, I will tell why I left." The dark red wolf that sat towering over Fire Hawk, then 'Pup', and her siblings sighed with a wry smile, glancing at Little Creek who lay beside the pups. "A dream. A dream drove me away from the pack of my birth. I believed it was from the Gods. Even now I don't remember what it was. Only that I awoke, in the midst of a raging storm at midnight not long after my parents had died and I had become alphess of the Light Valley Pack, with the need to leave. To seek out a new family, a new home, a new start less torn apart by loss. Maybe the Gods wished for Shining Sun to..become as she is, while sparing me. I can only tell you, and hope you believe me, that I wished no ill upon the Light Valley pack and I have found happiness. I found what I searched for and could never have been happy if I had remained. " Red Falcon lay down and looked at each of the pups. "Tell me little ones, what are your names?" Her brothers named themselves quietly.
"Sun Spot!" The oldest pup stated proudly, her little voice sharp. "I'm to be the next alphess." Red Falcon gave her a curious look. "I see."
Then the wolf turned to the youngest pup, the one who Shining Sun despised. "And what about you, little one?" Her voice was kind.
"I'm...Pup." The small dark pup softly said. Red Falcon gasped and looked at Little Creek. "Is this true? Shining Sun refused to name this one? " Looking angry, Little Creek nodded. "Because of me i'm sure. " Her voice was bitter. "Even though our father had a dark pelt as well." All the wolves were silent for a moment. "Little Creek, give her a name. You are the only one who can, I left the pack too long ago to have a claim on the alpha's daughter, and the alphess refused her a name. " The small dark pup's eyes brightened and her small tail wagged hesitantly at the determined tone in her aunt's voice.
"Fire Hawk. " Little Creek stated, smiling at the pup and her sister Red Falcon.

It felt like ages ago that Fire Hawk and her siblings had been brought by their aunt Little Creek to meet Red Falcon. The conversation had been brief, but even as a pup Fire Hawk had liked her aunts. They hadn't neglected her like her mother had. Yet again she wondered what would've happened if she'd joined Black Mountain Pack instead, then caught herself. I couldn't have lived with cousins whose lives were ruined because of my mother. Sighing, she turned back to the water, her thoughts still a tumult sprung from isolation. The little waves in the water seemed to mirror her own thoughts in their pattern of shapes and shadows. Swift River had been kind and accepting to her, and she respected her alphas, but Fire Hawk had spent very little time with the rest of the wolves, and they with her. Not that she could blame them, she'd been even more of a confused mess of emotions when she joined the pack. Somewhere in her, a temper fitting her name resided, left over from the indignity of her puphood. The confusion still remained.

Spontaneously, she dunked her head underwater and then shook, trying to clear her mind.
It's silly to over think things this much...why must I worry?

ooc: experimenting a bit with format and use of bold/italics. Hope it isn't difficult to read XD

Last edited by FaunaMyth on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm

OOC: By this time, Senka will have been renamed Ocean Storm. Just letting you know.

Ocean Storm had been out for the afternoon, enjoying a brisk walk. It was quiet, something that the alpha male enjoyed immensely on days like today. It had been about 2 winters now since he had joined the Swift River Clan. (Makes him about 7 now, I'm guessing on the time frame here. Please let me know if this is incorrect and I will change it.) The pale gold wolf smiled at the thought of when he had joined Swift River. Geez, he was glad he didn't have to fight a bear a second time when CrystalStream had accepted him as her mate.

His pale blue eyes scanned the river in a serene manner. His gaze caught upon young Fire Hawk, who look for lack of a better term, lost and confused.

"Good afternoon, Fire Hawk!" Ocean Storm called from afar as he trotted towards the young wolfess.

"Are you trying to imitate a duck by sticking your head under the water?" The alpha joked, his pale blue eyes shining. "Or is there something on your mind?" he asked, sitting next to Fire Hawk, his pale gold and white pelt a sharp contrast to hers in the afternoon sun.

Ocean Storm had always been a kind wolf, some even going so far as to call him soft. It had always been a strong part of him that there was enough suffering and sadness in the world and he often went out of his way, regardless of some duties to cheer others up.

Fire Hawk however, needed something a little more than cheering up. Though it wouldn't hurt for her to speak her mind. Ocean Storm was always willing to offer a listening ear and some wise advice if asked for it. She seemed confused and conflicted to Ocean Storm, and he wondering if he could perhaps help her a bit...
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 pm

ooc: Nice to know. Also, time difference was never set. I've just been making everything intentionally vague. But that sounds fine. Razz

Very few things would've surprised the she-wolf more than the alpha himself asking if she was trying to imitate a duck. For a moment an indignant snarl tried to escape her jaw before she realized he was joking, and relaxed. She sighed, and managed a chuckle as she gave a respectful nod to the alpha "Good afternoon, Alpha Ocean Storm. No, i'm not trying to imitate a duck. Reminiscing, I suppose. " She was silent for a moment, trying to choose her words.

"Do you remember the merging of Light Valley and Swift River? The events that brought about that? I believe it was before you were alpha. " She turned back to the water. "I've somehow still found it hard to escape the situation and mindset I developed in that pack, despite the time i've spent with Swift River."

She'd never spent much time with the alpha, but had respected him for the kindness she saw him show to every member of the pack, including herself. Yet another difference between the packs. Any wolf that displeased the Light Valley alphess could hope for nothing from the alpha. Her father had been kind but...enamored with Shining Sun. It often blinded him or stayed his paw when he should have stood up for the pack. At least, that was Fire Hawk's opinion of him.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:59 pm

"Do you remember the merging of Light Valley and Swift River? The events that brought about that? I believe it was before you were alpha. ""I've somehow still found it hard to escape the situation and mindset I developed in that pack, despite the time i've spent with Swift River."

Ocean Storm nodded lightly, if his memory served correctly, the merging between the two packs had been right before he'd joined the pack. He turned his head and listened to Fire Hawk quietly, his pale blue eyes watching her quietly. He nodded at her observations that she was having a lot of trouble changing her mindset from that of Light Valley.

"Well Fire Hawk, it is not just our own personalities that form who we are, or our parents for that matter. Some of what shapes us is what is around us. Take myself for example. I grew up in a pack near the ocean, very far from here. Our pack was generally at peace with the others around us, we didn't usually have too many problems, outside of strong rainstorms and flooding. But because of the way I grew up, it shaped my belief and how I act. I have always believed that there is too much suffering in the world to begin with and I have no desire to cause more, but instead try to bring others happiness, even at the expense of my own."

Ocean Storm stopped a moment to breathe before he continued, further explaining his point.

"I joke a lot, as you may have noticed, I am a little carefree, but I know my responsibilities. But I alone did not grow up this way, I was shaped by the pack I lived in, by my parents, my elders, and all the others that I was close with."

The alpha watched Fire Hawk lightly, a small smile crossing his muzzle.

"So you see why trying to change your mindset is a very difficult thing. Not only are you trying to change your view about others, but you are essentially trying to change a crucial part of yourself. Your environment and family shaped a large part of who you become but some of that also depends on you."

He stopped again a moment, leaning down to take a deep drink of water, finding his mouth a little dry in the heat of the afternoon before he raised his head once more.

"I think the biggest thing that could help you out, is spending time with a family that isn't like the one that you came from. I am sure some friends here would help you out. You'd be surprised, there are many wolves here that came from families and situations much like your own. That is what is different between Light Valley and Swift River, we are all in this together, and we are there everyone, not just the one or two that one wolf considers important. We have no reason to hold grudges against another unless they break our packlaws and become a madclaw."

((I really hope that this post made sense, Fauna.))((Just wondering, how old is Fire Hawk again?))
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 pm

ooc: Mostly. XD She's acting younger than she should, she's 4. Just lonesome. Also, I love the way you post. o.o So legible.

A wry smile crossed her muzzle, and the she-wolf sighed. She felt rather like a pup...but also felt like she never had felt like a pup when she was one.

"I suppose that does make sense. Doesn't make it any easier though. Even knowing that others have pasts as difficult or more so than my own..." She paused. "I don't know if Alpha CrystalStream filled you in on my background but the cause of all my whining is growing up the rejected daughter of the alphas, all because I looked like the aunt my mother hated. " Her chuckled bitterly. "The only one I was ever somewhat close to was my aunt. I grew up excluded and quiet." She shook her head, eyes closed, trying to clear her thoughts. Fire Hawk lapped up a bit of water, finding a bit of peace in the melodious rushing of the river.

"I.." Her attempt to continue speaking failed as she tried to look for the right words. "I don't exactly have many friends in the pack, Alpha. I have kept to myself, as my mother told me to do growing up. Not that it helps me at all, just leaves me feeling lonely and bitter and reclusive." The dark she-wolf looked up at Ocean Storm. "The differences in this pack and my birth pack are...marvelous. Part of me wonders why I haven't adapted better. "

She whined softly. "It's just...it's frustrating. I guess it's more learning that here...here nobody will act as if I don't exist. I'm part of something, not cast off. I think i'm so used to being treated like I don't exist that it's hard to actually act like I do. Like i'm not an extra shadow or something that can't be gotten rid of. " She laughed. "Here I go again. I just thought that I was probably bothering you, taking away your precious time, rambling and complaining. " Fire Hawk paused with a smile. "But you aren't Shining Sun. You're a kinder wolf, who acts as an alpha should. Alphas are leader of a pack...which means nothing if you don't know the pack...is that a fair statement, Alpha Ocean Storm?"

Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am

"I don't know if Alpha CrystalStream filled you in on my background but the cause of all my whining is growing up the rejected daughter of the alphas, all because I looked like the aunt my mother hated. ""The only one I was ever somewhat close to was my aunt. I grew up excluded and quiet."

Ocean Storm looked at Fire Hawk, a slightly serious look on his face. "I think it is a fortunate twist of fate that I have never met your mother, because I don't think that she would walk away from a confrontation with me unscathed. Your father either."

The alpha had always believed that family was family, that you couldn't get rid of them and it was wrong to try, by either rejecting them or killing them it didn't matter. They were family and if you truly loved them, then you would accept them as they were. While Fire Hawk's mother had been doing most of the rejecting, if her father did nothing about it, he was just as guilty of the same crime in Ocean Storm's eyes.

"I don't exactly have many friends in the pack, Alpha. I have kept to myself, as my mother told me to do growing up. Not that it helps me at all, just leaves me feeling lonely and bitter and reclusive.""The differences in this pack and my birth pack are...marvelous. Part of me wonders why I haven't adapted better. "

When Fire Hawk looked up at him, Ocean Storm saw something in her eyes. It was the same look he'd seen in some other pack members eyes when they first came to Swift River. It was that look of loneliness, or even of simply being lost. Something inside of the alpha felt a sense of kinship with Fire Hawk, because of his three winters traveling alone. While the traveling had been his own choice, it didn't mean that he didn't long for his home or family during that time. Then, he found CrystalStream, and couldn't have imagined going back. Ocean Storm smiled at the younger wolfess before speaking.

"Well, in order to make friends, you also have to be a friend. Perhaps part of the reason you haven't adapted better is not only because your mother essentially schooled you to act the way that you do since you were young enough to understand, but also perhaps because the differences between packs are extremely wide. You haven't lived in a pack like Swift River before, and therefore, you still don't haven't entirely figured out how to act around wolves that care about you more than your mother did."

"It's just...it's frustrating. I guess it's more learning that here...here nobody will act as if I don't exist. I'm part of something, not cast off. I think i'm so used to being treated like I don't exist that it's hard to actually act like I do. Like i'm not an extra shadow or something that can't be gotten rid of.""Here I go again. I just thought that I was probably bothering you, taking away your precious time, rambling and complaining."

Ocean Storm couldn't help but chuckle a bit, his chuckle a deep one that matched his voice and howl. He wasn't chuckling because of her feelings, but because of the idea of taking away his time.

"Fire Hawk, I don't think anyone could take away my time. My time is about the pack, and the wolves in it. You can ramble and complain all you'd like, I am always willing to listen and offer advice to others if they need it, no time limit needed. As far as I am concerned, until my spirit returns to the forest, I have all of the time in the world to give to the pack and the wolves in it."

"But you aren't Shining Sun. You're a kinder wolf, who acts as an alpha should. Alphas are leader of a pack...which means nothing if you don't know the pack...is that a fair statement, Alpha Ocean Storm?"

The alpha nodded his pale gold and white head, pale blue eyes shining at her observation. Lonely and alone Fire Hawk may be, but she was very intelligent and very perceptive of things around her. Ocean Storm chuckled again, before speaking.

"Well I should certainly hope that I am not like Shining Sun, because I think CrystalStream would have ripped me a new one years ago if I was. But your statement is very fair, it is difficult to lead a pack without knowing the wolves that make up said pack. I have always thought of every single member of this pack as part of a family. I would protect every wolf here with my life, if it so came to that."

Ocean Storm once again looked upon Fire Hawk, smiling lightly before a couple of fluffy white seeds floated towards the two, landing on Ocean Storm's nose. His face then changed from smiling to the same one you get right before you sneeze. He turned his head to the river just in time to sneeze four times in rapid succession before he stopped a moment, and sneezed once more. Wiggling his brown nose, Ocean Storm inhaled deeply through his nostrils, breathing out again.

"I hate those damn dandelion seeds. Make me sneeze every single time."

((Is Shining Sun dead by now, or would a confrontation between these two be possible? It would be interesting if it was.... *cackles madly*))
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 pm

ooc: She's dead. I'll PM you the back-story. Also, I have no remembrance of who RPed SunSpot. I'm almost certain it at least wasn't me XD

All of Ocean Storm's words brought a smile to Fire Hawk's face. She couldn't help but laugh as the large wolf sneezed because of the dandelion seeds.
"My father did what he could for the pack when he felt my mother was neglecting it as a whole. She really lost her sanity sometime, I think. As soon as she knew my aunt was so close, everything in her life deteriorated to trying to destroy Red Falcon and train Sun Spot. No idea what happened to my sister...hopefully she doesn't grow up or lead like mother wanted her to. There was too much insanity in that..Though I think the loss of the alphess made her realize the position doesn't make one all-powerful. CrystalStream, and yourself, both are fantastic alphas. Pack before self. I don't know if you meeting her would've been unfortunate or not..might've been a more fortunate twist of fate than what ended up happening. "

Fire Hawk looked at Ocean Storm, cheerful but easily the largest wolf she'd ever known. Large and colored like midday on the lightest autumn leaves. Much friendlier looking than any wolf she knew either. Yet she'd not wish for anyone she cared about to meet him if he was angry. Friendly, and intimidating. And not crazy. Fire Hawk couldn't imagine a better alpha.

"I suppose that really is the whole problem...trying to act like a pack member. Seems like a silly problem for a wolf, we're born pack, live pack, and die pack. Not my fault my pack lost that sense because of one wolf. Nothing I can do but try to be a better packmate to my new pack. "

She paused, taking another few laps of water from the river. "However pointless it is I can't help wondering what would've happened if even my father cared enough to go against my mother's will. He loved her...enough to love me less. What would've happened if i'd left them earlier, or done more to keep everything from falling apart as it did. My aunt Little Creek cared about me, about all of us. I think she would've come with me here if she felt like she could've but...I don't blame her for leaving the packs and their memory behind. "

Fire Hawk looked down at the water, and at the patchy reflections of her dark fur and the alpha's light fur. A few leaves and dandelion seeds floated on the water, and some water bugs skirted them as they moved on the surface. "Little Creek told me that Light Valley moved under Shining Sun's rule, that they lived by the Endless Waters and among the Tall Hills when she was a pup. I can't imagine a never-ending lake or hills half the size of as mountains...but I suppose if you once knew that it may be easy to forget this place for the sake of that one. "
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 am

"However pointless it is I can't help wondering what would've happened if even my father cared enough to go against my mother's will. He loved her...enough to love me less. What would've happened if i'd left them earlier, or done more to keep everything from falling apart as it did. My aunt Little Creek cared about me, about all of us. I think she would've come with me here if she felt like she could've but...I don't blame her for leaving the packs and their memory behind. "

Ocean Storm turned his pale blue gaze to Fire Hawk, his eyes gaining a stern look, much like the ones that fathers gave their children.

"Your father and mother were their own wolves, nothing could have changed them. If having children did not change them, then nothing could have. It is one thing to love someone, but to "love" and be enamored by someone enough to be able to treat someone less because they do so, is called obsession. Love is something that you should show to everyone, not just those that someone else thinks 'worthy' in their eyes. Your parents are the ones that made the decisions that led to the downfall of Light Valley, not by you. Parents should be responsible for their children, not the other way around. They are supposed to guide you and teach you, not you them."

"Little Creek told me that Light Valley moved under Shining Sun's rule, that they lived by the Endless Waters and among the Tall Hills when she was a pup. I can't imagine a never-ending lake or hills half the size of as mountains...but I suppose if you once knew that it may be easy to forget this place for the sake of that one. "

His eyes became softer when he finished, a small smile crossing his muzzle as she spoke of the Endless Waters and the Tall Hills.

"Well, I don't know where the Endless Water were, but I know where the ocean was, because my birth pack, the Shoreline pack lived right next to it. I lived there until I was 2 winters old, then I left to explore the world beyond the then distant mountains. Considering that I have lived there, I couldn't imagine going back or forgetting this place. Sure, there are things that I miss, but there things much more important to me here."

Ocean Storm looked at the water with Fire Hawk, watching the water bugs skitter across the surface when he had an idea. CrystalStream and himself would often take swims when they needed someplace to think, the water seeming to make all the extra thoughts float away and allow them to think clearly. Maybe Fire Hawk could benefit from that.

"Tell me Fire Hawk, how well can you swim?"
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

Fire Hawk looked away at the alpha's gaze, feeling slightly ashamed.

"I know I couldn't have changed them...but I was old enough to do something, i'm sure.But then...they didn't teach me how to do anything. It's....it's just now that I can do anything. For anyone. And I will, for this pack. For you and CrystalStream. "

She smiled at the alpha. "I don't know where the places were either...and I don't want to know my past before Swift River, escept what I can learn from it. "

Her temper was cooled, her irritation soothed, her loneliness swept away. At least for now, Fire Hawk was a contented wolf. For the first time since she'd seen her aunt, she really felt like a packmember, cared about by another wolf. The alpha, no less. Things had certainly turned around.
At Ocean Storm's question she grinned. "Quite well. " And dove into the river.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm

[Okay. Before I make my post, I'm assuming this is just shortly after the packs merged and after Senka and CrystalStream joined together? I'm just trying to keep my timeline straight. *must get together with Meo and work out an actual TBMS timeline* ]
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:08 pm

((Yes, I believe that would be correct. I did mention Senka being renamed Ocean Storm up there and mentioned him being 7 years old, but it isn't really confirmed. To be honest, I have no clue where this would technically be on a timeline, myself. We'll just go with what you got, Firestorm. And now! Onto to my post!))

"Quite well. "

As Fire Hawk dove into the water, Ocean Storm stood and backed up a bit, running towards the river before he jumped in. Since his body was so large, water splashed and cascaded everywhere. The alpha came back to the surface before he turned to Fire Hawk.

"CrystalStream and myself come swimming quite often, either for fun or when we are trying to find the best answer for a decision. Its peaceful under the water, and helps us clear our heads."

Ocean Storm smiled mischievously before he used his paws to splash water at the younger wolf laughing all the while.

"And it helps to cool down, too!"
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 pm

ooc: I've no idea, sorry FS. Like I think I mentioned earlier, i've been making everything rather vague.

"Ah!" As the alpha leaped into the river Fire Hawk dove to avoid the splash and came up sputtering.
"I can see how it might clear one's mind! Or any dirt in one's fur, especially if a wolf your size sends waves all 'round!"
As he used his paws to splash her she didn't notice in time, and the dark she-wolf got a face full of river water. She promptly sneezed a few times, and shook her head.
"Very cool. Very...mind-clearing. Very.."
She sneezed again.
"In my nose. " Fire Hawk looked at the alpha with a slight smile. "Your paws move more water than a tree could, Alpha." She shook her head as she paddled around. "It's a wonderful day for swimming, don't you think? Warm and sunny enough to dry one's fur after, but not too warm. Not cold at all, thankfully. And the rare cloud. "
She dove and when she came up, sighed as the warm air hit her fur again. The cool water had chased away the thoughts of her old pack, leaving a rather more peaceful state of mind for Fire Hawk.
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 pm

"I can see how it might clear one's mind! Or any dirt in one's fur, especially if a wolf your size sends waves all 'round!""Very cool. Very...mind-clearing. Very.."

"In my nose. "

"Your paws move more water than a tree could, Alpha."

Ocean Storm laughed all the while, especially when Fire Hawk sneezed the water from her nose. "Yes well, those paws of mine my move more water than a tree, but they also got me into a lot of trouble growing up. I was such a clumsy young wolf when I wasn't in the water. My paws just always seemed to big for land when I was younger. I grew into them though."

"It's a wonderful day for swimming, don't you think? Warm and sunny enough to dry one's fur after, but not too warm. Not cold at all, thankfully. And the rare cloud. "

The alpha nodded lightly before he dove into the water, finding the wonderful moment of peace that came from when he was underwater, when the world was quiet, with only the sounds of the river rushing past his ears. Ocean Storm was an interesting wolf to watch underwater if you ever got the chance. The pale wolf wasn't just an excellent swimmer, he seemed almost graceful in a manner of speaking when he was in the water, a kind of grace that didn't come when he was on land.

Sure Ocean Storm had grown into his paws and he wasn't the clumsy young wolf he had been so many winters ago; but it seemed for lack of a better way to put it, the Ocean Storm was just as much a part of the river as the water in it was.

He took in a deep breath as he came to the surface, sighing a deep sigh of what seemed to be contentment before he looked around briefly; wondering where he beautiful CrystalStream was. Normally a day like today would beckon her to the river if her duties weren't in the way....
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:43 pm

"Reminiscing about old times, you two?" CrystalStream's light voice called. She had approached just in time to hear Fire Hawk speaking of her parents and had taken a seat to listen. It was something of a relief. With Ocean Storm to take over the actual business of relationships within the pack, CrystalStream herself was able to get more to the business of running the technical side of things.

Still, that didn't mean she would neglect anyone within the clan, especially the newer, younger members. She padded forward, smiling as she felt her newly-pregnant belly wobbling slightly beneath her. She took a seat and looked upward, nuzzling Ocean Storm. "Please, don't stop on my account," she begged, "Continue..."
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

((Kinda confused by your post, Firestorm. But let's see...))

"Reminiscing about old times, you two?"

Ocean Storm's head whipped around as his mate called to the two swimming wolves. He swam to the edge of the river and pulled himself back to land, shaking the water from his fur and sending it in all directions. As he finished, his fur had stood on end; making him look rather fluffy.

The alpha male returned his mate'a nuzzle fondly, his pale blue eyes shining lightly in the afternoon sun.

"Reminiscing about youth, more like it. I was telling young Fire Hawk how clumsy I was out of the water when I was a young wolf. Big paws did nothing for me in my youth except helping me plant my face into the dirt. And she was telling me about her family and her thoughts on everything. I was showing her how relaxing an afternoon swim could be, water in your nose included."

Ocean Storm smiled lightly, swiping his tongue across his mate's muzzle. "And how are the puppies being today?" He questioned. As an expectant father, Ocean Storm did a good job hiding his nervousness. The alpha, despite his willingness to die for his pack; was nervous about whether he would be a good father or not. He loved pups, he did but he'd never had any of his own. It was a foolish train of thought, Ocean Storm knew this. But it didn't stop him from being nervous about it. His tail wafted over the dirt below him as his tail wagged slowly, picking up dirt and dust as it went....

((Yeah, I wasn't quite sure how to reply to your post Firestorm, but I tried to go along with it. I was a little confused there.))
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Fire Hawk followed the alpha and bounded out of the river, almost managing to land far enough away from CrystalStream and Ocean Storm that when she shook they didn't get wet. Almost, but not quite.

She sat politely to the side as the two talked but as Ocean Storm mentioned puppies she grinned and yipped cheerfully. "I didn't know you were expecting, Alpha CrystalStream! May your pups have all your greatness." Her grin faded to a politer, tentative smile and her tail wagged very slowly and hesitantly. "Your greatness as well, Alpha Ocean Storm."

"Those will be lucky pups, with you two as parents. " Her eyes were on the ground as she spoke, trying to honor her alphas and focus on the present instead of her habit of dwelling on memories. The quick dive in the river had helped with that. "They will grow in a blessed peace, between the pack, yourselves, and the river. "

ooc: Forgot the gods of Swift River >_> Was also very tempted to say 'live long and prosper'. Last side note: If you combine their names, it can be Ocean Stream. That is the closest possible thing to Delta XD
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 pm

((When did Fire Hawk turn into Spock? I mean I like the dude and all, but a wolf version of him would be too much! Razz))

"I didn't know you were expecting, Alpha CrystalStream! May your pups have all your greatness.""Your greatness as well, Alpha Ocean Storm."

Ocean Storm turned to Fire Hawk, smiling lightly before he chuckled. "May they inherit more of CrystalStream's personality than my own, because I was a trouble maker when I younger. Never did listen to my parents when they said not to go swimming while it stormed..."

"Those will be lucky pups, with you two as parents. ""They will grow in a blessed peace, between the pack, yourselves, and the river. "

The alpha chuckled again. "The whole pack will enjoy the peace. I have a feeling at least one of our puppies will be stirring up some trouble to disrupt said peace."

Ocean Storm watched Fire Hawk a moment, wondering how in the name of the spirits of the forest her mother could not have seen what a wonderful wolfess Fire Hawk was, both in her youth and now. She was relatively balanced, thought fairly and seemed to be all around a good wolf. Shining Sun had committed a grave mistake by tossing Fire Hawk aside. An idea wormed it's way into his head, and Ocean Storm turned to CrystalStream before he whispered quietly in her ear:

"You know, we could expand our family by one more member. It would do Fire Hawk good to be part of a real family. Why not let her join ours, if she agrees, at least. I'll let you ask though, I'm no good with propositions."
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

ooc: She didn't I've just been watching/reading too much sci-fi lately Razz

Fire Hawk tilted her head, trying to imagine the powerful alpha as a troublesome pup. The idea of it seemed rather baffling, a small Ocean Storm bounding about.
"Pardon me if the concept of you being a troublemaker is out of my imaginative range, Alpha." She replied with a smile.

"And all pups stir up trouble. Little Creek told me stories from Red Falcon of her pups...apparently she had twins and they wreaked havoc. I've no idea how her death must've affected them.." Fire Hawk saw Ocean Storm turn to speak to his mate, and politely stared at her paws.

I wonder if i've used up to much of the alphas time with idle talk. Fire Hawk sneezed as another dandelion fluff floated by, and snorted softly, a bit annoyed with her own thought so soon after clarifying it wasn't something to worry about. Blasted mother of mine didn't even teach me properly how to act in a pack, just to assume omegas were higher than me as a general rule..
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:36 pm

((Swift River doesn't have any gods, Fauna. They believe in their code of honor, and they believe that their spirits and bodies return to become a part of the forest again after they die. ))

CrystalStream listened to the two going on. She smiled, seeing how close Fire Hawk and OceanStorm seemed to be. It was as though the pair had already grown into father and daughter... not that CrystalStream minded. It did her good to be part of a happy family finally. She had mellowed a little bit since OceanStorm had become her mate, though she was still serious for the most part.

His idea struck her as an odd one. It wasn't often alphas adopted, as it would mean competition when it came time to choose and heir. She had been something of an exception to the rule, and with good reason... And Fire Hawk didn't seem interested in that. She finally nodded. "I think that would be a lovely idea, OceanStorm," she said. She turned her attention to Fire Hawk. "How about it?" he questioned, "Would you like to become a part of our family? I couldn't promise you the chance to become our heir of course, but if it's a loving family you're looking for... well then I can definitely promise that."
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Ooc: That would explain that.

Fire Hawk felt herself sink into shock as Crystal Stream so calmly offered her to be their adopted daughter. They're giving me a second chance. Not to lead, I never wanted that, but a true second chance. Again an alpha's daughter, but... To be one that was actually cared about.  
The world narrowed to the grass around toes and the rushing water behind her and the scent of Ocean Storm and CrystalStream. In her mind she saw the clearing outside their den, herself watching from her seat beside her aunt, watching her father throwing a stick for her siblings to play with, and a short distance away Shining Sun spoke with SunSpot. The vision changed to one of herself, still small but a bit older, walking alone in the forest at night, occasionally gazing up at the stars. She remembered many such nights, when Little Creek was called to watch the pups... The elder three, anyway. She was always let to wander, not matter how many times packmates glanced at her with pity in their eyes.

A gentle breeze blew off the water, ruffling her tail fur and sending shivers up her back. She shuddered, then sighed as the sun's warmth returned.. Feeling plesantly warmer than ever. The she-wolf was suddenly aware she'd not answered the alphas and tried to speak, but found no words. Her tail wagged, faltering in its pace. 
"Alphas... I don't know whether to leap for joy or grovel for the honor you offer me." She smiled slightly, and leaped to her feet, a wide grin on her face. 
"I choose to leap, and so gladly accept to be one of your family. I've no desire to ever steal he right of succession from your darling future pups... My future adopted siblings! I just..." She haltingly stepped closer, looking lost. 
"I just cannot thank you enough..for giving me another chance at being a daughter... One that matters." 
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:55 am

"Alphas... I don't know whether to leap for joy or grovel for the honor you offer me."
"I choose to leap, and so gladly accept to be one of your family. I've no desire to ever steal he right of succession from your darling future pups... My future adopted siblings! I just..."
"I just cannot thank you enough..for giving me another chance at being a daughter... One that matters."

Ocean Storm could not help the wide grin that split across his light colored face, his pale eyes shining brightly as he watched Fire Hawk leap for joy. His heart warmed at the sight of his daughter in such a fit of joy. This was what Ocean Storm truly enjoyed seeing the most, was bringing others happiness. The alpha smiled so wide that he could have outshone the sun.

As the lost look crossed Fire Hawk's face, Ocean Storm smiled once again, motioning forward with his large paw.

"Well, come here then, daughter."

Ocean Storm continued to smile warmly, but his smile was now one that proud fathers everywhere wore. Despite not having been there to see Fire Hawk grow up, she was a wonderful shewolf, and Ocean Storm could only hope that his and CrystalStream's children grew to be as astute and intelligent as his adopted daughter was.

"I think that your siblings will have problems causing trouble with you as a big sister now."

The alpha chuckled once more, still smiling...
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Despite being only a few steps away, Fire Hawk faltered. Being welcomed, as a daughter, was too new of a joy. Hesitantly she nudged Ocean Storm with her muzzle, leaning her head against his shoulder. It took a few moments before she realized her tail was wagging frantically, and she looked over at Crystal Stream, leaning her head against her shoulder as well.
"Ocean Storm...Crystal Stream...forgive me if it takes a while before 'Father' and 'Mother' are comfortable terms for me. You are those to me, as I will treat your pups as my own blood siblings. I simply cannot repay this kindness except to be the most devoted daughter I can be. "
She closed her eyes, taking in the smell of their fur and smiled.
I've a home. I've parents. I've future siblings. I've a pack. What she-wolf could as for more? Not I. And anyone who tries to take this away from me will feel my wrath, as strong as the love for pack and family.

"Father, my siblings will never forget they are loved. I cannot promise that will mean I can keep any pup out of trouble, but as you wish it I shall. " She paused, then looked up and grinned at Ocean Storm. "Especially if they pull at my fur. "
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:31 pm

CrystalStream couldn't help but smile as FireHawk so eagerly embraced her mate and her.

Her head shook however. "You needn't call me your mother if you do not desire to do so, FireHawk," she smiled, "I'm not much older than you are, afterall... and I know how strange it is to find a new family you didn't even know existed." She returned the nuzzling to her new daughter and slowly stood, stretching her bones. Quietly she made her way into the river, smiling as she felt the cool water washing up over her belly. It was rare she ever got the chance to simply swim anymore for the sheer pleasure of it.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Ooc: FS, how old is CrystalStream? Pretty sure Ocean Storm is at least two years older than her. Trying to confirm that the two of them are old enough that they technically could have a pup her age. Or is that not true?
Back to top Go down
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
Zeroki

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:04 am

OOC: OceanStorm is two years older than CrystalStream, which puts him at 7 here I think, and puts CrystalStream at 5 years. Fire Hawk is 4 years, so OceanStorm could technically have a pup her age, I don't think CrystalStream could. But it's the family aspect that counts, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)   A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Change of Heart (Attn: FS and Zero)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next