The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:30 pm

With a respectful nod and a happy grin, Silver Leaf left Pine Raven in a flash.All that his adopted parents had taught him was put to use and he swiftly let his pounding paws and jowful heart lead him back into the forest, after a brief stop.

Red Falcon wasn't at the den when he stopped by, but her mostly grown twins were. Silver Leaf trotted over and nudged Lighting and Thunder affectionately. "Hey you two. No sign of Mom and Dad I guess?"
"They went hunting." Thunder replied, grinning as he headbutted his adopted brother's side.
"Left not to long ago." Lighting completed with a smile. "What's going on, Silver Leaf?"
"You seem even more happy than usual. " Thunder finished his sister's thought.
"I'm getting to that!" Silver Leaf laughed as he always did at the twin's antics. "You two know the Legend, Dusk Owl, of course?"
"Well, she's your best friend." "How could we not?" The two young wolves continued their confusing habit.
"More than my best friend, pups, my mate, now!" Silver Leaf seemed to almost puff himself up with pride as his younger adopted siblings grinned and gasped and congratulated him.
After assuring him they'd inform Blaze and Red Falcon of the news when they returned, Silver Leaf continued his steady lope toward his new mate.

He took care to watch where he put his feet so couldn't keep up the speed he would've liked to. He lifted his muzzle and let loose a howl, singing to the forest and the skies his excitement, and calling to Dusk Owl if she was awake.

At his speed, and somehow managing to not trip, he hoped to reach the clearing before Dusk Owl left. She should be awake by now...

Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

For the first time in as long as she could remember, Dusk Owl slept peacefully. With her happiness over Silver Leaf's proposal, it seemed she found herself able to focus less on her sad memories, and more on her past experiences of joy, with that proposal being chief among them. She did find herself afraid of course... She loved Silver Leaf, but without her father's approval she could never allow herself to be mated to him. And yet somehow she knew he'd be successful. Silver Leaf was too stubborn not to be.

She woke in the morning to find him gone, and decided to make her way back home. Perhaps he'd simply forgotten and begun work on the den already. He did have a tendency to become a little scatterbrained when he got excited about something. Ah well... she would find out the truth soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 am

Siler Leaf came barreling through the forest, and as he approached the clearing called "Dusk Owl!" His surprise at getting no reply and not seeing her when he arrived broke his concentration and he nearly tripped. He stopped for a moment. "Hm.. well. If she isn't here, she'd probably expect me by the den...if not she'll look for me by her father's den and he wanted to see her anyway. Back to work on the den!" And off he went, leaping through the forest once again.

Reaching the dens, he paused to catch his breath then removed the mossy bedding and set himself to work digging down and deep into his den. He worried that he might coat some poor packmate with dirt, but decided having a place for himself and Dusk Owl was higher priority.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 am

Dusk Owl reached the dens just in time to see dirt flying from Silver Leaf's den with a vengeance. She couldn't help but laugh. How long had her poor friend pined after her? From what she saw of his eagerness to have her share his den with him, it had been a long time. Ah... such a silly wolf he was. But then, she knew she'd have him no other way.

The young legend rounded the entrance. "Silver Leaf!" she barked in after him, "Silver Leaf, is that you down there?!" She knew the answer, she suspected, but she still wanted to be absolutely certain.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:38 pm

At Dusk Owl's voice a very dirty head looked up. Silver Leaf's brown, black and white coat looked already much more mottled than it ever had, but his bright eyes shone through. Recognizing that it was, indeed, Dusk Owl's voice that had called him he began furiously wagging his tail. Bounding out of of the deeper den and over the accumulating pile of dirt, he cheeefully shook himself free of most of the dirt and licked Dusk Owl's cheek.

"Your dad gave his approval, Dusk Owl! I looked for you at the clearing but you weren't there so I came back here and got to work!" He nuzzled her neck and looked back at her, grinning. "Didn't want to leave your side earlier, but I figured you'd probably rather I talked to Pine Raven as soon as possible, so I did. That and I didn't want to be overprotective...you can take care of yourself. Though I do hope you let me take care of you, my love. "

Silver Leaf paused his excited rambling to meet her eyes and gently lick her nose. "Sorry if i'm acting like a pup, i'm just so happy! I've admired your beauty and strength as a friend for longer than i'd like to have done. And now... Now i'll never have to worry that some wolf will come and take you to be his mate instead of mine." He sighed, letting his tongue hang out. "Your father wanted to speak with you though. And I will hopefully have this place enlarged by nightfall... Though perhaps without enough bedding. I hope you won't mind that being postponed for one night. "
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Dusk Owl jumped back just in time to avoid a flurry of dirt from her new mate's emergence. "You're dirty," she smirked. Still, she remained still as Silver Leaf went through his flurry of announcements. She was so very glad her father had given his approval. True enough Silver Leaf didn't really need it, but it made Dusk Owl feel better about the whole thing.

She leaned close, her neck brushing against his, eyes closed as she took a deep, happy breath. "I'm sure everything will be fine, Silver Leaf," she said, attempting to calm him, "I know you'll prove to be more than capable a mate for me, and a wonderful father for our pups, when they decide to come along." She giggled a bit, pulling back to lick his muzzle. "Now... I'm going to go find my father and see what he wants... I'll be back before long."

She turned around to quickly make her way toward her father's den. He would undoubtedly be warming himself for the next hunt... Her father simply refused to retire despite his aging body. It was like in doing his duties, he kept a part of her mother with him always... It was rather romantic when the young Legend thought about it.

She smiled as she finally arrived and saw him laying there, warming his body. "Daddy!" she called, rushing over to him.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:16 pm

As Silver Leaf felt Dusk Owl lean against him his wagging tail slowed and he was calm, reveling in her scent. However, the moment she turned to leave he gave a cheerful good-bye bark and began wagging frantically again. When she was out of sight his tail stopped wagging and he stared at the den.
"Well. I've made progress. Shouldn't be too much longer until it's large enough...then i'll need to smooth the dirt around. Tomorrow i'll bring bedding. Back to work!"

Once again, his paws carved into the dirt, making a den deep and wide enough for Silver Leaf, Dusk Owl, and a few half-grown pups to comfortably curl up in.

Wonder what Pine Raven wanted to talk to Dusk Owl about...ah well, his thoughts. Not mine. Black Wolf...wonder what Red Falcon and Blaze would say to the idea of seeing pups of mine in moons to come! Mine and Dusk Owl's! Black Wolf, thank you for letting me be first her friend, and now her mate!
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Pine Raven had, at this point, sunk himself deep into the ground; it would have taken the force of ten young wolves to pull him up on his four paws. This sun was near intoxicating, and he was about to fall asleep out in the open. Other wolves were around to watch for danger, so he thought little of the harm that it could have possibly caused...

That was, until he heard the rushing pawbeats of an all too familiar face; his Dusk Owl. He turned his head in the direction of her arrival, a relaxed expression on his face. Aspen was not as inclined to come running to her father like Dusk Owl did; she had a gentleness and quiet (yet passionate) spirit that he was sure she had gotten from him. Aspen was more pragmatic, but perhaps he could not blame her. Being a leader took great work and put stress on a wolf's mind...

"There's my girl," he chuffed, using all the strength in his hind legs to stand up to greet her, "What has you so excited?" He asked this in a teasing manner; she knew by now that he knew why she was bounding around like a fawn in springtime.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:06 am

Dusk Owl's tail wagged as she reached her father. She quickly moved to his side, nuzzling him. "Silver Leaf told me the news," she smiled, "He said you approved of his mateship to me, but... he also said you wanted to talk to me."

She pulled back, enough to gaze into her father's eyes. "What was it, Father?"
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 am

"Well, you must understand that a father can get concerned about his daughters," Pine Raven started, "You and your sister have grown so quickly, Dusk Owl. It may sound silly, but I never imagined the day where your sister or you would grow up and find mates. Time has passed so quickly..." Since Bright Lark had passed on. The days he had with he he wished would linger in his mind, but his memory had already begun failing him in some respect as a result of his age. He could only recall her face and scent and the sound of her sweet voice...

"I want to make sure you understand what you are getting into is all. I want to be assured that you and him made this decision equally and that I can trust that you two will support each other."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:32 am

Dusk Owl listened to her father, and she couldn't help but smile. She moved close, brushing her head against his neck beneath his chin. Of the two girls, she had always been the one closer to him. Her gift... her curse had prevented her from doing a lot of the exploring and playing that a lot of the other pups did, which was why she'd always enjoyed the safety of Fire Wind's den and legends, or the company of her father, or her protective, if silly, pupsitter friend.

"I understand, Father," she promised, "but... Silver Leaf has always been there for me in a way no other wolf has. And he's tried to never do anything, even in all his silliness, that would leave a memory of pain in my mind... The truth is I cannot ever see myself with another, and I know he'll be a wonderful father... just like you."
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:20 am

It was late in the day when Silver Leaf paused from his continual digging. Rather pleased with the effort of his paws and the space of their den, as it'd been partly in the slope of a hill so was more swiftly larger and sheltered. Planning to enlarge it more the next day, so that it could eventually fit pups and not just he and Dusk Owl in case they ever had pups, Silver Leaf stopped digging. Tired, he padded to his den and dragged what of the mossy bedding he could into the new den. Slowly he went to the river, and lapped up water he hadn't realized he'd been missing. Padding back to his new den, he let out a soft howl, questioning, to let Dusk Owl know whenever she was done talking to her father, he was there.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Dusk Owl had been busy herself. After talking with her father, she'd obtained permission from Ebon Star to go out and hunt a small meal for new new mate and her...something to celebrate. It wasn't much... a young coney hare, barely large enough to feed a single wolf, but the two would be able to she it nicely.

She looked up from her fresh kill as she heard the call, and gave a swift bark in reply. She leaned down, taking the food into her jaws and soon joining him by the den. She smiled. Silver Leaf had definitely been busy. She lay the kill down at his feet. "Some food for my hard-working lover," she giggled.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Seeing her walk up to him, bringing food...it made the breath catch in his throat and his heart ache. Her giggling made him grin and for a moment Silver Leaf felt older than his fur, aware that they were two young wolves who now had all their life ahead of them. Then he realized Dusk Owl had called him her lover, and decided that the rest of his life would be wonderful. He also promptly walked over to her and licked her ear in an attempt to slightly tickle her.
"Food i'll insist we share, my lovely Dusk Owl. " He nuzzled her neck, sitting beside her.

Silver Leaf took a deep breath through his nose, and promptly sneezed as he inhaled some of her loose fur. Managing to not sneeze on his new mate, he then shifted away so as to paw at his now itchy nose. "The -ah my nose itches- the den is large enough for us, Dusk Owl. At least I think so, I can make it larger if you want. You've loose fur, did you know? I'll also.." He paused to paw at his nose again. "I'll also enlarge it...if..." He stopped scratching and looked up at her. "If you want a family. "

He felt both excited, and humbled. She'd chosen him. Of all the wolves she could've had as her mate, Dusk Owl, his best friend, had said yes to him. He didn't deserve it. But he'd do all he could for her. Silver Leaf smiled at her. "I'll do whatever I can to make you happy. "
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:02 am

Dusk Owl shook her head. Silver Leaf was still trying so hard to impress her, as though he were still trying to earn her love, but she didn't need all that from him. She moved close, brushing her cheek against his. "Of course, we will have a family, Silver Leaf," she promised him, "But my dear you really should calm yourself down. You'll burn yourself out long before your time if you keep up at this rate. You've already made me more happy than I ever thought I could be, just in asking me to be yours." She pushed the food a bit closer to him with a single paw. "Now... eat... It'll be just large enough for you, after all the energy you expended enlarging your... our den."
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 am

"You're the smarter one of us." Silver Leaf replied as he realized just that, and tried to relax. He was jittery from adrenaline, digging and digging then suddenly stopping. That was aside from having his best friend now be his mate and all that excitement. After a few deep breaths, he began to tear away at the food, gnawing and keeping himself from getting any more excited. He felt tiredness he hadn't realized was there fade.

Silver Leaf sunk to his belly, lying down contentedly. He glanced at the carcass in front of him, then up at Dusk Owl. "I'll get rid of that soon. Before we sleep. Our den..." He shook his head, chuckling happily. " Really, that was quite the prey, Dusk Owl. Thank you. Didn't realize how much energy I had used...Just felt...wonderful. All day. " He nudged her leg with his head. "And you. You're lovely. Did you know that? Lovely as anything. " A long sigh escaped him and a smile crawled across his face without his control. "I hope the packs shifting calms down soon. I can't imagine what the tumult must be like for you. Just that i'm here for you...I always have been, but still. I know it's not easy."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Dusk owl sat down, smiling a bit as she watched Silver Eagle so eagerly tear away at his prey. He'd used more energy than he thought he had, but the little hare would be enough for him. His complimenting though caused her ears to lower slightly, not so much because it was unpleasant, but because she wasn't used to it.

She lay down beside him and nudged his cheek with her nose. "You don't have to keep trying to impress me, you know," she giggled, "I couldn't be anymore impressed than I already am with you. And I wouldn't worry about the packs shifting. It's busy, but it's not unpleasant. I'm happy to see our family growing."
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:33 pm

ooc: Silver Leaf.

Silver Leaf nuzzled her and breathed deeply. "But you've been my best friend before now...I didn't deserve that. Now you're my mate. I don't deserve that either. You're so lovely. " He grinned and licked her ear. "It's nice to hear though. That, and that the upheaval isn't bothering you much. It will indeed be nicer to have a larger pack. Larger family. "
He closer his eyes, head on his paws, contented.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 pm

[Yah. I meant Silver Leaf. LOL ]

Dusk Owl listened to him and smiled. She lay by his side and continued to nuzzle him, smiling contentedly herself. "You deserve all that and more, Silver Leaf," she told him, "You dedicated your life to the pups... to our pack's future. It's only fitting that you have some of your own, in time. And I promise, my darling... by Black Wolf's leave, you will."

She gently licked his ear as she laid down to sleep beside him for the time being. At least now her dreams could turn toward the future. Maybe that was what she needed, to forget some of her past.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
FaunaMyth

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Silver Leaf felt his heart race as he remembered watching Red Falcon and Blaze, and their pups. They weren't even full grown yet..but he loved every minute he spent around his adopted siblings. Their playfulness, their quirks. Everything. And his parents...Red Falcon was never as happy as when she was around her family, though because of her history he knew she just wanted to make it a new start from the life she had. Blaze was always happy around pups as well. For Silver Leaf himself to be a father was a startling concept. It was both fascinating and terrifying and wonderful all at once, and now Dusk Owl was promising him they'd be parents. If the idea made it feel like he'd eaten butterflies alive now...he glanced for a moment at his mate's stomach, trying to imagine her pregnant.
Silver Leaf sighed, leaning against Dusk Owl. "I'd love to be a father. You know I would, especially for your pups. It's somehow a overwhelming concept though, no matter how much time I spend with pups. Even my siblings! Just...baffling. But I love you. I'm happy to look forward to a day we have a family of our own."

ooc: More or less done here? What story shall we RP out next? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)   Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Getting Away (ATTN: FAUNAMYTH with SILVER LEAF)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2