The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Run With Vista

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Run With Vista Empty
PostSubject: Run With Vista   Run With Vista EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:03 am

Have you made the switch to the new operating system of Windows Vista yet? If you have, are you getting a little frustrated with being away from everything you knew in XP? I mean, going from XP to Vista is an extreme change and it can be very difficult getting used to all the new features. I know I felt that way when I first started working with Vista. I was so used to XP and I just felt like the two operating systems were like day and night.

But, if you look past all that confusion, you'll find that there are a few things you can do with Vista to bring back the comfort of XP. (I'm not even kidding!) And as a matter of fact, I'm going to tell you how to do one of those right now. In Windows XP, a function I always use a lot is the Run command. It's just an easy feature to work with and it gets me where I need to go. Now, as I'm sure you've noticed, Vista doesn't offer the Run command. Or does it?!

To get the Run option back for yourself, right click on the Start button in Vista and choose Properties. Make sure you're under the Start Menu tab and then click the Customize button. Scroll down near the bottom of that list and checkmark the box that says "Run command." Once you've done that, click OK. In the next window, click Apply, then OK again. Now, go and click your Start button. What do you see? Yep, the Run command is back and ready for some action. Yes!

~ Erin
Back to top Go down

Run With Vista
Page 1 of 1