The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alright wolves! Sound off!

Go down 
+7
mercury
Zeroki
Roxy90
mightymorphinpowahranger
FaunaMyth
Xerhox
FireStormWarning
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 1:23 am

I bet his male ego is just hurt by being a kitten - I mean cat - and not a dragon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Xerhox
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 4:35 am

Mahrkale wrote:
Xerhox: I beg to differ... anytime I read my horoscpe (though for entertainment purposes only) More likely then not I am an Aquarius. And I thought all your other girl friends were Capricorn and that's why they sucked so bad?

Its not how the horoscope applies to you but how the sign applies to you...And no all my bad gfs were aquarius
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 am

I'm guessing this would be the best place to make an "I'm new here" post, eh?

Well... I'm new here. :p

A friend of mine linked here on dA and I thought I might join in on some RPs. So, heya, I look forward to this forum. heh

Last edited by on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:48 am

Ohhh horoscope talkies :3
I'm an Aquarius Pices cusp, but I claim Aquarius and so does the board XD

Quote :
I bet his male ego is just hurt by being a kitten - I mean cat - and not a dragon.

XD ROFFLE. I'm a dragon >3 I eatchoo for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 5:10 am

Being a pig, I find the idea of being eaten offensive. :p
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 10:49 am

What's wierd is that the cat is not even supposed to be part of the Chinese zodiac, according to the old legends surrounding it. The tiger on the other hand... He's a DEFINITE part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 11:19 am

Oh my goodness! Complain, complain! I'm a RAT for crying out loud!

XD

Sorry to interrupt... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Mmm.... Mousie bits.
Back to top Go down
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mightymorphinpowahranger

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Quote :
Being a pig, I find the idea of being eaten offensive. :p

being a horse, i will make it my goal to eatcherface. because thats exactly what horses do. besides pooping and kicking people.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 6:54 pm

FireStormWarning wrote:
Mmm.... Mousie bits.

Don't go there, baby boy. XD This mouse carries the Plague! XD

(kidding!)
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 pm

That was the rat, not the mouse. :p

Besides... Were cats affected by the plague?
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 1:27 am

FireStormWarning wrote:
That was the rat, not the mouse. :p

Besides... Were cats affected by the plague?

Rats were mice first, darlin'. XD

... weren't they?

And as to that cats... Idunnooooooooo... lol
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 12:54 am

Not to get off topic (even though we already strayed from the point of no return :p), but I found this quite interesting:
http://www.novareinna.com/constellation/celtic.html

To be honest, I never thought that the Celts HAD a zodiac. XD Of course, it never occured to me to look it up until I saw a series of deviant stamps saying "In the Celtic Zodiac, I am the Oak" etc.

According to this zodiac, I am "the Holly" (my bday being July 31st)...I can't say that it is wholly accurate in describing my supposed personality, though. For instance, here's an excerpt from "the Holly" page - http://www.novareinna.com/constellation/holly.html - of which I instilled some commentary in it to separate "fact from fiction"...in me case, o' course. :p

". . . . In general, Holly individuals are practical, capable and steadfast in the face of adversity. *It would depend on who or what I was dealing with; and how much time I would have to ponder upon either subject*Being cautious, logical and efficient, they possess a good business sense, but prefer to assist rather than lead. *Only sometimes true. There were instances when I eagerly took up the lead, but I guess that was only because I was working with people characteristically weaker than myself.* In relationships, Holly people are supportive, protective and possessive. *nod* Holly individuals have a tendency to strive for perfection, which often leads to loss of confidence and direction. *Nod* They exhibit a large amount of personal integrity and tend to influence things a great deal, but usually behind the scenes. Their word is literally their bond and honor is their guiding principle. *Erm..no, unfortunately. I've broken more promises than I could keep them, to be honest XD* The weak point of the Holly individual is sensitivity to personal criticism...his or her need for constant affection and attention can make the Holly demanding in a close relationship. *NOD* There may also be a tendency to exhibit a miserly attitude. Not known to be risk-takers until all the facts have been gathered,*NODNODNOD* the Holly individual possesses the ability to solve difficult problems through the use of simple logic.*I do possess the potential...unfortunately, I am the epitome of a uber-emotional girl/woman.*"

So, yeah. Kinda sorta accurate, but not to a "T"...but then, what zodiac *is*? Inquires Miss Obvious. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 1:45 pm

It said I'm a birch. Very Happy It was close, but there are a lot of differences too.

On a side note... Rox, that avatar is scary. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 2:21 pm

I'm an ash tree Razz

The Ash was a sacred chieftain tree, believed to "court the flash" since it was prone to be struck by lightning. The wood of the Ash was thought to be enchanted and was used by the Druids to fashion wands and spears. Its twigs were placed in circles as a protection from snakes, while witches would use the timber as handles for their broomsticks. Children would be passed through the branches of an Ash in order that they might be protected and to cure them from illness. Ash leaves were placed under pillows to induce prophetic dreams or placed in bowls of water to ward off ailments. The Celts believed that the Ash originated in the Great Deep or the Undersea Land of Tethys. It belongs to the trilogy of sacred Irish trees (the other two being the Oak and the Hawthorn) and is said to offer particular protection from death by drowning. The seeds of the Ash have long been used in love divination. If the seeds did not appear on a certain tree, then its owner was thought to have been unlucky in love or a future venture would be unsuccessful. In Northern England, it was once believed that if a woman placed an Ash leaf in her left shoe, then she would be fortunate enough to immediately meet her future spouse. In Greece, the Ash was sacred to the Sea God Poseidon and in Ancient Wales and Ireland, oars were made of this wood. The shade of this tree is said to be harmful to plants because its roots will strangle other roots.

Edit: Which might explain my interest in nursing, maybe? X3 I rather like the healer status...so I wonder to myself just why don't I have a healer character besides SnowTooth? The answer..because I have too many already X3 maybe I'll make one of my next generation pups a healer.

Another Edit XD: Well, after reading more about it this zodiac sure does seem a lot like me. :

Quote :
This may be considered by some as a certain gullibility or naivete, but this apparent weakness is just that...merely apparent. In truth, it is the outward display of a humble spirit...a rare and much-coveted quality.

That is for certain, of what it says before that I can't say for myself XP FireStorm might be able to enlighten me upon that whether it's true or not for me since we've been friends for years and years.

Quote :
On one side, they are artistic with an aura of vulnerability...on the other side, they are quite pragmatic. Being compassionate and sensitive, they understand the baser elements of humankind, as well as the spiritual aspect. The compassion of Ash individuals also extends to the animal kingdom and they have an innate ability to relieve suffering, both by physical nursing and the power of prayer.

I am artistic I suppose, Razz you all know that I draw and stuff. I don't know what pragmatic means, but it was in the sentence XD again perhaps FireStorm can enlighten me. I am a sensitive person, that is definately for sure. I LOVE animals and, as I said before, the healer thing and nursing. By prayer notsomuch. There was more to that paragraph that I left out, again, because I can't evaluate that on myself.
Quote :

Often easily influenced by others, the Ash individual can be low on self-confidence and may become isolated.

Yes.

Quote :
Ash individuals are drawn to fantasy worlds. They adore the theater and movies, frequently blessed with beautiful singing voices although their preference is to work behind the scenes. They are also usually attracted to the ocean...or any other body of water...sometimes with fascination and sometimes with fear. There is no compromise for the vulnerable Ash individual where water is concerned...it will be one or the other. The career of the Ash person should never involve a routine which is too strict. The arts are a good choice but, because of the compassionate nature of these individuals, they are often drawn to the medical field and are good at organizing charitable functions.

I'm always off in some other world or another XP. I love watching movies, and I love to sing and I'm told I have a good voice but I'm not one that likes the whole stage and lights deal. I do love the ocean, especially at sunrise/sunsets. Must I say anything about nursing again? XD.

Quote :
They possess a lively curiosity

I am curious Razz

Quote :
They are also easily influenced by others and have a hypersensitive nature which can undermine their self-confidence and ambitions.....inclined to become nervous and irritable.

Yes yes yes

Quote :
Color: Green

My favorite color XD

Also: February 18: Those born on this date also fall under the lesser influence of a secondary tree...the Cedar, whose motto is "Moral Greatness" or "The Confidence." Cedar individuals are often possessed of rare beauty. They know how to adapt, have a love of luxury and are usually blessed with good health. Not in the least shy, Cedar people are prone to sometimes look down on others, they themselves brimming with self-confidence. Determined and often impatient, Cedar individuals like to impress. They have many talents, are industrious and possess a healthy optimism and inner strength. Alert and usually thoughtful, the Cedar lives in enlightenment, responding to precise self-imposed requirements. Neither success nor failure can erode the serenity or the determination of a Cedar individual. Otherwise able to make quick decisions, Cedar people seem to constantly be waiting for their one true love.

Last edited by on Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mercury

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Hm...my zodiac signs would be...

Pisces

Sheep/Ram (Chinese)

and Ash (Celtic)
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Quote :
On a side note... Rox, that avatar is scary. Laughing

IT WAS MADE JUST FO' U, BROTHA :afro:

On a side note...I happened to scroll down further on me Holly page and discovered this, which is irrelevant to you folks but I'm going to plaster it here anyway for me own sake:

" July 26-August 4: Those born between these two dates also fall under the lesser influence of a secondary tree...the Cypress, whose motto is "Song of Resurrection" or "The Faithfulness." Cypress individuals are strong, muscular and adaptable, taking what life has to offer. Content and optimistic, Cypress people crave money and acknowledgement and hate to be lonely, although they are prone to pursue independence. They are passionate individuals, with a love which is difficult to satisfy, but are nonetheless faithful. Cypress individuals have a tendency to be quick-tempered, unruly, pedantic and careless. They often possess a biting irony and a certain taste for sarcasm, acquired by virtue of their tendency to bravely undergo the hardest of blows and thereby learn how to free themselves from the burdens of life. "

Now doesn't *that* sound more like me? Smile Heh.
Back to top Go down
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mightymorphinpowahranger

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 5:26 pm

lol...you guys sure like yer zodiacs. xD i dont personally believe in them (like most, if not some, peeps), but i guess it can be fun to find out "what you are"...in a sense. but anyway, according to this zodiac, i am The Elder.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha
FireStormWarning

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 5:49 pm

Haha! Nope! I do believe that I am the elder. XD
Back to top Go down
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mightymorphinpowahranger

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 6:03 pm

...true. you are pretty dern old. tongue
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 6:06 pm

hm...

might as well...

Libra
Pig
The Vine (interesting, hm)

Edit: Elder? You're all youngins, I say. :p
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 6:10 pm

You got any proof of that Firestorm? lol. Razz

Anyhow.... for the celtic Zodiac i am The vine

Short info:
In this illustration, the Vine grows over a mysterious entrance into the Castle of Arianrhod, Lady of the Silver Wheel. Deep within the citadel lies the seat of Annwn...in Celtic legend, the center of the astral plane. The four White Swans represent the radiant aspect of the psyche approaching another revelation and initiation. The Vine is associated with the Celtic festival of the Autumn Equinox, known to the Druids as Alban Elfred, celebrated on September 23.

The long version is to be found on the link.
http://www.novareinna.com/constellation/vine.html

And the last one for what is directed to my date:
September 13-September 22: Those born between these two dates also fall under the lesser influence of a secondary tree...the Lime (whose motto is "The Doubt") or the Linden (whose motto is "Protector of the Oak Trees")...dependent upon the source. Lime individuals are said to be inclined to accept in a composed fashion whatever life hands to them. They detest fighting, stress, laziness and idleness. Limes are relenting people who will often make sacrifices for their friends. They possess many talents but lack the tenacity to make those talents blossom. Lime people can be somewhat jealous and complaining by nature, but are very loyal individuals. Linden individuals are said to love life. No matter how much such people may try to convince themselves that everything is perfect, they cannot help but wonder why their ideas and dreams are more beautiful than reality. Extremely imaginative, Linden people tend to look at the world through "rose-colored glasses." This is an ideal that they are often able to convey to those around them who may then also view life in a more beautiful manner.
Back to top Go down
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
mightymorphinpowahranger

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 7:06 pm

kay firestorm...i take that back. youre only a demioldfart. tongue
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 7:32 pm

He's not a girl...not yet a woman...

...Emphasis on the word yet.

*And so, as her inevitable death comes, she does nothing but recline on her comfy sofa and sip some of her winecooler* ...Mmmm yummy. Tastes like ginger ale cheesecake. Smile
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate
Avadedra Hetarra

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:49 pm

Still going on about zodiacs and the like? lol Well, I'm up there with Kotie. His info goes twice for me. So... yae!

Ok... I'm random and stupid. XD Ignore me if you want. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright wolves! Sound off!   Alright wolves! Sound off! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright wolves! Sound off!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next