The White Ridge Saga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Universe - Part 1

Go down 
+2
KenseiKitsune
kotelinie
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Dogoda Conference Room

Grigory took the beacon and eyed it carefully. "Thank you for bringing that to my attention." He placed it in his pocket. "I'll see if I can't find a mage to study it. I don't doubt its how Kaiden found us." Grigory Scowled and turned away muttering, thinking to himself.

He then spat and slowly turned back to the others. "We'll be arriving at the Department Station, soon. Phaesis, if we're caught with Gravitic Technology, it will be our necks. While its not common, the Department may want to look through our cargo hold." He sighed deeply. "Phaesis, if we -live- through this, I will consider taking you on as crew. You've proven resourceful if nothing else.

Grigory paused and started walking towards a desk on the far side of the room. "First, however, I need you to check on your Generators, make sure they're safe, and make sure they're hidden. Don't let my crew know whats going on, if you can help it." Grigory opened the old metal desk, producing a Holocomm and handed it to Phaesis.

"If you have any trouble with crew on the way, contact me. Also, might be good to keep... just in case your ship gets too clingy."

Turning to Kotie, "Admiral, your ship is very unique. So unique that its presence will make for an uncomfortable if its discovered in my Docking Bay. I know this is a lot to ask, but do you think you could place it in cloak for the time being? Once we're clear of the Station we can launch you ship at your leisure."

Kotie mulled it over for a moment.

"Also, should any of your crew wish to join us on the Station, we have some civilian clothes in storage, as well as spare uniforms we can lend you, that would help keep attention away from you."

----

Dogoda Brig

The Brig was large and bathed in a cool blue glow. Arranged around the brig were 8 large cells, each with a glowing field of energy encasing it.

Each cell held four of five people. In one of the cells Ixtu and Achmed sat sullenly. Seeing Achmed, Ixtu inched his way over to the sleepy looking sabretooth and tapped his shoulder. Achmed looked over to see a large flashing Question Mark displayed on Ixtu's faceplate, as if asking What happened just now?

The guard on duty entered the room and began talking. "Alright folks, no one wants to be here, so lets keep it orderly. In the morning you will all be released, but we will be keeping an eye on you."

----

Dogoda Sickbay

Dr. Ancir warmly shook Steven's hand.

"Think nothing of it. Its really one of the better reactions one can expect from a patient exiting Cryosleep. I swear some of them are so... cranky" He emphasized with his hands.

"Now about you equipment." Dr. Ancir nodded, and looked over towards Akilah and Chrysta. "Dr. Akilah, can you handle sickbay for a few hours, Mr. Yancey here is entrusted to my care by special order of the Church and..."

Akilah cut him off. "Just go already Halim, I have things in order."

Halim nodded, "Mr. Yancey, I was sent a care package for you, and it should be in the cargo hold. If you care to come with me, we can retrieve. it." As the two exited the Sickbay Dr. Ancir spoke, "I should be back in an hour or two. If something comes up, I have my Holocomm with me."

In the Hallway, Dr. Ancir led Steven to a Mag-Lev tube and then entered.

A hologram of the ship popped into view, and the half-screeching, half-rumbling voice of Perun piped in. "Please... indicate destination... Dr. Ancir."

----

Department Station 1106 - Docking Bay D

The Docking Bay was relatively quiet people going about their business. All things came to a standstill as there was a sudden screeching noise and from out of a black cloud a flaming wreck of a small ship skidded to a halt. The ruined thing's hatch popped off, but no-one was seen exiting.

As alarms began to flare a shadowed figure made its way deep into the Station.

----

OOS: ok, finally posted, Ru if you feel I overstepped trying to get to the Mag-Lev let me know.

Also, fun things should begin happening very soon. Very Happy

Last edited by KenseiKitsune on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:12 am

OOS: Forgot this one.

Defiant MessHall

The doors slid open and Gavin and Julian entered into the MessHall. It was deserted as Julian helped Gavin over to one of the tales.

Gavin looked around, "So... wheres the kitchen staff?"

Julian smiled, "What kind of food would you like?"

Gavin thought for a moment, "Well I don't have many credits on me, but a hamburger sounds particularly good." He stooped for a moment, "Wait, we won't get ration pills, will we? I never did like the taste of those."

Julian shook his head and walked over to a nearby Replicator terminal. "Hamburger, hot, ketchup, mustard..." He looked over to Gavin who was licking his lips, "...lettuce, tomatoes and pickles."

The terminal emitted a humming noise, as glowing particles formed into the shape of a hamburger.

Gavin looked curious. "I've never seen a fabricator unit that small before."

Julian pulled the fresh smelling hamburger from the terminal handing it to Gavin, "We call them Replicators."
Back to top Go down
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 am

You're fine.
Steven followed the Doctor, listening. As they were walking, he noticed that the ship was more run down that he first saw. Time will do that, Steven thought. He felt a pang of guilt and he missed Sophia, his wife. She was long gone now and so were his children. He knew that everything that he knew on the planet was changed or gone.
Steven followed the Doctor into the Mag-Lev tube and heard the voice. It took less than a second to recognize the voice belonging to Perun. He smiled; he hadn’t heard that voice for the longest time. But he never forgot the ship’s voice.
“Perun,” Steven said. He looked at Dr Ancir, smiling. “He’s still here?”
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer
kotelinie

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 am

Dogoda Conference Room
The admiral listened to Pheasis explanation, so also for what captain Grigory thought all about it. He looked at the beacon, but had never seen such device. Even there are some records about beacons. This type is new to him.

Hearing that the Defiant can cloak, he wondered how he found that out, as they haven’t used it in space and it was broken. Then recalled that when it was fixed he tested it to see if it works properly. So that is then the way how he found it out.

“Yes captain, she is a class apart from my organisation and I can put her on cloak, only it will still be there in the docking bay. So if someone bumps against it (what has happened, but unaware of them), they will know that you are hiding something from them.” The lion said. Launching the Defiant after that sounds good, as there are still a few things there must be tested, to see if everything works as it should be.

Kotie turned to Pheasis, “Pheasis, perhaps you can store the generators temporary onboard of the Defiant? As I need to hide her from being found, and your ship is all detected. What do you think about that?” he asked him.

He turned back to the captain and asked him “Captain, is the Department aware of the presence of my ship and crew? And that we have helped you our of the attack?” He wanted to ask that question for a while, and had planned it to ask it on the bridge, just before Pheasis came to the bridge and took them to here, and hadn’t gotten the time to ask it.

“I shall ask it to my crew for who want to visit the station and let you know it. Thank you for the offer. What is our ETA to the station?”

Defiant Mess Hall
Gavin looked curious. "I've never seen a fabricator unit that small before."

Julian pulled the fresh smelling hamburger from the terminal handing it to Gavin, "We call them Replicators."

“All our starships, starbases and space stations are equipped with them. They are also capable of making other things then food.” He told him.

Then walked back to the replicator to order self a drink. “Computer one iced Raktajino.” (Klingon coffee)” he said. The terminal emitted a humming noise, as glowing particles formed into the shape of a cup of raktajino

When it was done he took the cup and sat down at the same table as Gavin. “So Gavin how does it taste?”

(see the link: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/1/14/Raktajino%2C_For_the_cause.jpg/180px-Raktajino%2C_For_the_cause.jpg)
Back to top Go down
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Dogoda Brig

When he got to the cell Achmed first decided to take a cat nap, until the metal figure poked him. Looking up, he sees a question mark displayed on its face plate,and he raises an eyebrow sleepily in return. Before Achmed gets a chance to talk to the metal creature, the guard on duty entered the room and began talking. "Alright folks, no one wants to be here, so lets keep it orderly. In the morning you will all be released, but we will be keeping an eye on you."
Achmed looks over at the guard blankly before laying down on the floor lazily. He closes his eyes and answers Ixtus unasked question. "Cooks attacked us, and you flew into them before the guards got there. Now we're in the brigg. Rrrr..." He wrinkles his nose adn twitches his whiskers in dissatisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:05 pm

"If the Defiant is to stay cloaked in the docking bay, it would be the best place to hide the generators. If the Department knows about the ship, then it wouldn't be any better than the holding bay they are in now." He paused. "Either way, I need to go and esnure that they are completely unusable, and I should be able to reconfigure them so that any cursary investigation wouldn't think they were anything other than a mining station. Also, is there anyway the Razor could dock with Dogoda for the remainder of the voyage?"
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:57 pm

OOS: This is going to be a fractured update, trying to quick post. I'll get to the Defiant's Mess and the Brig later on.

Dogoda Conference Room

Grigory spoke solemnly to Admiral Kotie, "The Department's Admirals are sometimes too rigid in their application of what they deem to be law. This includes, sometimes, even the possession of advanced technology.' Grigory paused, puffing on his pipe. "I felt it best to leave them uninformed of your presence for now."

Grigory considered for a moment while he turned to Phaesis. "You may bring your ship aboard but keep her inline." Thinking a moment more, "You may want to keep her from cloaking again in the Department's presence, that will arouse suspicions, most likely."

Mag-Lev Tube

Halim smiled to himself, "Thats right you used to live here, didn't you?" he nodded, "Perun is one of the systems we left intact when Grigory bought the ship from the scrapyard."

Halim stepped forward and spoke, "Cargo Bay, Perun."

Perun rumbled. "Destination confirmed... Doctor Ancir."

The Mag-Lev jerked slightly as it always had and began descending smoothly. The ride would take a bit. Halim turned to Steven, "Would you... like to get reacquainted?" He asked, as Perun's avatar filtered into view where the ship's diagram a moment ago was.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Phaesis nodded. "I'll contact her and tell her to be ready. Once she is on board, I'll be able to work on the generators and get them hidden." He glanced nervously at the beacon. "If you have a trained mage on board, you may want them to look at that. Otherwise. I might suggest flushing it into space or leaving it with the department. With your leave, I would like to get to work getting the Razor on board and the generators broken down."

"Go." Grigory exasperated. "I doubt the Department ships have detected the Defiant, or they would have been sure to ask more questions or to have opened fire."

"Thank you Captain. Admiral, I will take you up on that offer to store the generators. I'll contact you when I am ready to move them. Thank you again."

"I would like to have one of my engineers occampy you, just to be sure the generators are safe to move." The admiral interjected before Phaesis could leave the conference room. "Pheasis, I am keeping her cloaked to till this is over, as I can’t risk to have this ship to fall in the wrong hands and what happens to my crew and myself I don’t know.”

"Of course." Phaises replied. "Thank you again for your help. The generators are in the aft starboard storage bay, mid level. I need to check on Pandora before going down there." He nodded towards the men in apprecation before exiting the conference room.

Phaesis connected the holocomm to his suit and rewired his own comm unit to it while on the Mag-Lev. He mulled over the change in plans.

Phaesis activated his comm unit and contacted the Razor. "Lesla, await docking orders from Dogoda command. Also monitor any strange energy signatures within the ship and make detailed recordings of anomalies. I'm going to need to repair a mining unit."

Lesla responded quickly. "Understood, though I wonder why they are bothering having you work on mining equipment."

He smiled as the link went silent. When the lift doors opened, he hurried to sickbay, where he confirmed that Chrysta was still watching the sleeping Pandora. He thanked her and promised to repay her somehow before he left and headed towards the generators.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Dogoda Conference Room
How Grigory it explained, it seemed just like what Starfleet does also, but only then in war times. Like that of the Dominion war (not the one that is known in this time frame) In peace times is there no need for it. “Ah, I understand that one, captain. You have made the right decision.” He said to him.

The admiral turned to Phaesis “Phaesis, I am keeping her cloaked to till this is over, as I can’t risk to have this ship to fall in the wrong hands and what happens to my crew and myself I don’t know.”

He gave a nod to Phaesis and when he left he found that there was a short time to prepare everything, so he tapped on his gold combadge and spoke:

“Defiant, Admiral Kotie here. I want to prepare the ship for full cloaking with all the unnecessarily systems offline. We are approaching soon a starbase and are going to dock there. The Department in this system is very strict on possessing advanced and strange technology. Also tell Hilco O’Mane to stand by with his toolkit, so that he can be beamed to the aft starboard storage bay, mid level on the Dogoda. There he shall meet a badger called Phaesis. Kotie out.”

“aye sir” said a strong voice on the other end of the line before the connection broke off.

Kotie turned back to the Grigory “Captain, I am sure of that we can pull this one off, but we need to have a good cover up for the Defiant I the case someone bumps accidentally against it, as that is my greatest concern. So how can we do that?”
Back to top Go down
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:30 am

Kuyat left Khetatha sleeping in the room. He had another mission just given to him. He didn't like the new orders, but he was getting paid for the missions from the Faction. It annoyed him as both were babysitting jobs, only one was an adult. He hoped that something interesting came from this new job. He didn't care if the boy actually left the room, as long as the child stayed on the ship. It was a lot of trouble trying to stay with the boy when he did that.

Kuyat walked the corridors heading for the lift and stopped at the door, waiting for the lift. He had his orders and the payments already for his job. He could walk away if he desired. He narrowed his eyes as the thought crossed his mind. He didn't own the faction anything. But the fact that he was paid kept him here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven looked at the Doctor, smiling slightly. It was the only thing yet that was from his past. He wanted the familiarity of Perun, but felt a bit awkward in saying it. He nodded as his smile became a grin.

"I don't know what to say or do though," Steven said. "I remember Perun from way back. But why was 'he' in the scrapyard?"

Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 1:22 pm

OOC: I left out some techno babble. If anyone wants my ideas on what Phaesis removed or what exactly he did to O'mane, just ask.

IC:
Phaesis made his way to the storage bay, diverting the minds of anyone he crossed to pay attention to their other duties. He reached the bay's doors, opened them and stepped into the darkness. Lights flickered back on to his presence.

Phaesis ran to the generators disguised as a mining vessel. "Lesla, let me know the moment the Defiant activates their transport technology."

He removed his nanite storage device from his belt and connected it to a slave circuit of the first generator. "Command, infiltrate and protect. If anyone attempts to use, destroy the generators and the perpetrators."

"We aren't comfortable with destroying." Lesla replied from the comm.

"Fine, sabotage. Prevent the generators from being used, infiltrate perpetrator's ship AI and architecture and shut it down. Prevent them from leaving, contact me,..." He removed the nanite device and moved up to the second generator. He removed the miner's access panel and exposed the generator's control circuits.

"Power surge." Lesla called.

Phaesis looked down and saw a shimmering energy field materialize into a lion.

"Hello down there. I'm Phaesis." He called from the generator while nonchalantly attaching the nanite device to the slave circuit and injecting a swarm into the second generator.

"O'Mane, chief petty officer of the Defiant." The lion's blue eyes gazed over the miner while he pulled a small datapad like device from a holster on his side. "What is this?"

Phaesis removed the nanite holder and climbed down the stairs. He pulled his own datapad after restoring the holding device. The datapad showed what he expected, the generators were completely powered down, but intact and not hardwired into the miner. "Well, this was a normal mining station, but the primary power units and some of the other hardware have been replaced by Gravitic generators." Phaesis paused. "I think it's best to leave the generators installed as is and move the entire device over if that is possible. I don't know how your transport technology works."

The lion glanced at him briefly while setting a toolbox down. "We should be able to beam it over, but I want to check and make sure it is safe."

Phaesis nodded and moved behind the O'mane who was now circling the miner with his datapad. Phaesis watched some gauges fluctate as they moved around, but wasn't familiar with the technology.

"What is that doing?" He said, touching the lion gently on the shoulder and peering at the device. Phaesis released a gently stream of psionic energy into O'Mane as he started to explain.

Phaesis didn't actually hear his explanation, but instead learned from O'Mane's mind as he used the device. He tried to push aside the lion's subconscious thoughts as he did so, but paid attention to any reactions he might have to the readings. The mind was unfamiliar to Phaesis.

"Yeah, those energy patterns are probably just noise from the buffer systems." Phaesis glanced at his own device that was also receiving information from the nanite swarms. "As far as I can tell, neither generator has ever been used." He took his hand off of the man's shoulder and stepped away breaking the psioinic connection.

"Ouch." O'Mane said, rubbing his forehead. He checked his tricorder but didn't see anything interesting.

"What is it?" Phaesis asked, approaching the access panel that concealed the first generator, knowing that the man was experiencing a sudden headache.

"My head, it started pounding. I think I need to sit down." He stumbled to a box on the ground and sat.

Phaesis pulled himself away from the device and approached the man. "I can take you to the sickbay if you like. I just need to remove a few parts to ensure that no one can activate the generators."

O'mane shook his head. "It's passed now, I am fine. That was really odd, it felt like someone's hand was clutched around my brain for a moment." he shrugged and followed Phaesis back to the miner.

There, he pointed out what he needed to remove and how to best do it. O'mane allowed him to do the work, offering tools that would serve the needs and recording any energy readings from each removed part. It took a while for Phaesis to work in the tight space allowed by the miner, but soon they had removed parts critical to the function of the generators.

"I'll store these on my own ship, that way if someone wants to use the generators they will need to steal from both of us." Phaesis smiled, but the grin slipped from his face at the confusion on O'manes. "So how do we move this to your ship?"
Back to top Go down
Jarod Cain
New pack member
New pack member
Jarod Cain

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 am

Location: The Pharaon: Deep Space, four and a half light weeks outside the Gemini System.

Doctor Lazarus stood near one of the outward facing windows and watched, troubled, as the Pharaon was escorted towards the asteroid. The fighters that flew in perfect formation around them were fast, sleek, and agile with a black and red patterning that made them nearly indistinguishable from the surrounding space.

“Statement: Master, you appear distressed. You should have opened fire on these meatbags; it would have made you feel better.”

He chuckled silently and responded, “It would certainly have been the easier route Raelthorne, but unfortunately with our current situation it would probably be best to not provoke the locals. As amusing as they are, I’m going to have to tell Horo to try and be a bit more diplomatic with her communications.”

“Discerning Observation: Master, this situation goes entirely beyond diplomatic prudence. What is it about this place that distresses you so?”

He sighed, “Am I that transparent Raelthorne?”

“Observation: Master, I am pleased to note that more often than not, in many ways you are more machine than meatbag. There are times though when your meatbag sentimentality shows through. I am merely attempting to facilitate an external diagnostics check on your part so the problem may be identified and then purged from your systems.”

Doctor Lazarus listened to the android as the ships rounded the long end of the asteroid towards their drydock. “I suppose you’re right, I just have an uneasy feeling about these people we’re meeting. I don’t think they’re enemies but their leader seems to know an uncomfortable amount of classified and more importantly, ancient, Dominion battle tactics… By Selene… that is the flagship that their lead pilot spoke about? Even under construction she’s magnificent!”
-J-

Last edited by Jarod Cain on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 am

Defiant bridge
Commander Vorge got he message from Admiral Kotie, over what is going to happen and that the chief is needed onboard of the Dogoda.

Vorge turned to the Chief and spoke: “Chief, you are needed onboard of the Dogoda, in the aft starboard storage bay, mid level, take your toolkit with you.” “Aye, sir” replied O’Mane and left the bridge to grab his toolkit and then headed to the Transporter bay... I mean room and beamed over to the location and there he assisted Phaesis with the two Gravitic generators.

Then Vorge turned over to Lieutenant Herrie and spoke “Lieutenant Krembo, shutdown all unnecessarily systems and prepare the ship for cloaking. Wait for my mark to cloak the ship.” “Yes, sir.” Herrie replied and started with powering down all the unnecessarily systems, but kept the power to the transporter room till Hilco is returned.

After that Commander Vorge pressed on a button on his chair and said “All hands, this is commander Vorge. I am take off all non essential systems, so don’t worry, if something is not working.”

Dogoda aft starboard storage bay, mid level
Here helped Chief O’Mane with the disabling of the generators and to answer the question from Phaesis "So how do we move this to your ship?"

“Just like the way I have came to here,” Chief O’Mane replied while he took out of his toolkit two small transporter beacons and attached it to the two generators “by transporting it to our cargo bay. If you like you can come with me.”

Surprised at the inventation, Phaesis nodded. "I would greatly enjoy that."

On the answer of Phaesis, O’Mane tapped on the combadge and spoke “Transporter room, four to be beamed over to Cargo bay 2” (in this case 2 persons and the 2 generators, normal is it meaning 4 persons)

“Yes sir” was the reply on the other end. “Energize” Chief O’Mane answered.

There appeared 4 streams of blue/white sparkles as the two with the cargo disappeared from their location, only to appear in the Cargo bay 2. of the USS Defiant, with very little light, just enough to see where they are.

Might Phaesis carry any weapons with him, they are automatically disabled, as it is a safety protocol.
Back to top Go down
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 pm

As he waited, Kuyat remembered a time, 10 years ago.
~
Kuyat looked at Ryuu, who was staring at him. The male was slightly smiling. "You must be sure about that, "Kuyat heard Ryuu say. "The Elders of your House, I'm sure, aren't going to like the fact that you're consorting with criminals."

Ryuu Virsom had mutated himself to appear more like a dragon. The male had reddish black scales and was taller then even him. Ryuu, was his friend for the moment and Kuyat was learning what he could from him. They were in a way related- even if Ryuu was from House Virsom- the House was descended from the Sajiro bloodline. It didn't matter to him, if the House was banished from the faction. Ryuu knew certain powers and had the authority to get him what he wanted.

"I don't care what the Elders think, "Kuyat replied almost snarling. He noticed the red eyed, Virsom turn and he saw what looked like scales that had formed like points all down Ryuu's backbone. It made the guy more frightening to look at.

"Okay then little one, "Ryuu said, grinning. "You'll get what you want. But you know the cost..."

Kuyat nodded, pleased. But then saw Ryuu look back at him. "There's more then just that price, Little Kuyat. There's also another cost. What you want will wear on you and will eventually kill you, I hope you know. When that happens, I won't be there to help you. This is what I owe you and this is what you are getting."

~
His attention was brought back to the present when he started feeling tired. It was about that time, he thought. But he still had the order to carry out, he just hoped that he'd make it another hour before he actually passed out. He was only doing this for the money, as he wanted to see if he could clone himself. There was alot of things still unfinished- like showing his House who was actually in charge. He was the clone of a Grand Elder, and he was going to get the respect due to him. He heard a noise behind him, that was so faint only he caught it. He turned around and looked around him. He didn't see anyone, but the assassin knew different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khetatha followed his guardian up till this point when he stubbed his foot. A small gasp of pain escaped before he could stop it, and he noticed that Kuyat looked behind him. Khetatha was hidden so well that the boy smiled when the guardian turned back to the door. He wanted to see what Kuyat was doing. The guy never got more than two hours of sleep and Khetatha wondered how he could do it.

He watched the guy stand there, then suddenly Kuyat was gone.

Khetatha's eyes widened in shock and the boy's instinct screamed for him to get out of there. He did so, but as soon as he moved he found himself against a wall with the yellow eyes narrowed to slits.

"Just what in the hell are you doing!" Kuyat demanded from the boy. "You are more stupid then I thought.'

Kuyat let the boy go, and stood him on his feet, "Fine you are staying with me, as you can't seem to stay out of trouble."

Khetatha decided not to say anything as he was scared of Kuyat now. He realized that he could have been killed now. But as he looked up to his Guardian he saw that Kuyat looked a bit older around his eyes. Exhaustion , Khetatha realized, placing a name to it. The fear died away as his curiosity slowly took over. His eyes gazed down and he noticed, as he stood beside Kuyat, a silver looking collar that he never saw anyone wearing from the Faction. He remembered what he had learned from school, that it was something that was used to make one faster and stronger. And it was something that wasn't approved of by the Elders as it shorted the life of a person.

Khetatha blinked and he suddenly understood his guardian. He knew that Kuyat was a clone, but the first one to break past what the other clones did. He was told that the clones all thought and acted as the original did. He had viewed Kuyat like the other clones, until now. He smiled as he found himself wanting to be like Kuyat. The thought quickly vanished however, as Khetatha remembered about the short life fact. He looked back up at Kuyat.

"Sir," Khetatha said. "Can ask how much time you have left?"

Kuyat glanced at the boy and held back a sneer. "About a month if I don't use anymore energy than I have to on a little upstart."

I wrote this -sort of- to pass the time. I hope that it was okay...

Last edited by The Ru on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 pm

OOS: Ru, filler RPing, is always more than welcome. Its character development, and character development is -always- good. Smile

Dogoda Conference

Grigory stroked his chin and puffed on his pipe at Admiral Kotie's question. "I can have my engineers refit some holo-emitters into the deck-plating near the Defiant. We can project a spare engine column where your ship is cloaked. I doubt anyone would think it was suspicious, its the only place on the ship that could house an extra."

Grigory's Holocomm beeped and he nodded to the Admiral to show he need to check it. D'Garmo's filtered image appeared over the Holo-comm. "Captain, I'm sure you're busy, but it be alright if I just went ahead back to the Sickbay and started gathering my things?"

Grigory clapped his head, "Sorry Doctor, I completely forgot I left you standing on the Bridge." He looked to Kotie. "Go ahead and gather your supplies. Pay attention to your Holo-comm and be prepared to leave when Admiral Kotie is ready to go."

D'Garmo nodded, "Aye, Captain, and thank you." The image flickered and died away.

"You'll be getting a damned fine Doctor with him, Admiral Kotie." Grigory said looking back to his guest.

Dogoda Mag-Lev

As Halim opened his mouth to answer, the familiar groaning, screeching voice, that could only be Perun interjected. "This ship... designation Dogoda... was placed in a scrapyard and stripped for scrap... upon its obsolecence. The previous owners... who ran cargo... sold the ship... so that they might acquire another. This unit, Perun... was deemed not worth... reinstallation into a new ship."

Perun's voice fell silent. It stated only facts, in a dispationate manner, which made them seem all the more sad.

Halim waited a moment. "About five years ago, Captain Grigory bought this ship, and has been refitting it. He decided to leave the AI core untampered. I think hes taken a fondness for the quirky AI."

A tone sounded, and Perun's avatar flashed a light blue. "Please hold... we have another passenger for... the Mag-Lev."

The doors slid open with a hiss.

Defiant MessHall

Gavin took a test bite of his hamburger expecting an artificial taste. He was suprised when it tasted not only real, but completely fresh. He tore into his food, he was hungrier than he thought.

"Thats amazing, I never knew fabricated food could be so good." Gavin smiled.

Julian sat to join him at the table. "Now, about your hand. I understand that Dr. D'Garmo, who will be staying with us, is gathering supplies from the Dogoda to return here. So, you have a choice to make. Do you want a cybernetic replacement? Wouldn't you rather get a replacement hand grown?"

Gavin blinked and then sat back in his chair. "I'm not sure... I always thought, if I lost a limb, I'd get a cyber replacement... cloning a new limb is usually too expensive... Are their any... drawbacks to having a cloned hand?"

Dogoda Brig

Though confused by Achmed's answer, Ixtu decided it best to let the Sabretooth sleep, he was beginning to look grumpy. Ixtu got up and walked to the other side of the cell and began to take a long look around. He had never been in the brig before. He only hoped it would not effect his medical career.

There was a groan to his side a newt lye on the ground holding his head. His face was bleeding and his eye was swollen. He must have been hurt during the fight.

Kneeling Ixtu produced some bandages from a compartment on his side, he began to patch the swollen eye and help the newt to a more comfortable spot on a nearby cot.

Station 1106 - Civilian Ring; Cerino's Bar

He sat there in the bar, Swilling back the cheap piss-water that passed for beer on this station. The coyote was deepy scarred, and carried the look of a mercenary about him.

"Friggin' jobs, don't pay nearly enough. How am I supposed to make a living when I get stinted in my pay?" He spat at the floor, drawing a dirty look from a nearby waitress. The coyote smiled at the attention, and drew a vibro knife. He buried it deep into the table, quieting the din and causing the waitress to scurry away. He laughed at that, and pulled out a picture.

"Someone has a debt to pay." He smiled, as he looked at the old photograph, "Should be fun to collect."

Hammering back another drink, he stood and stalked his way out of the bar, looking for some fun. Keeping his vibro-blade close, Jastor likely had different ideas for fun than most.

OOS: Jastor will be up in the NPC section soon. He should be... interesting. Very Happy

Hope the post works and doesn't push anyone into a corner.

Last edited by KenseiKitsune on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 am

In his catnap Achmed opens his jaws in a wide yawn, shifts on the floor to get more comfortable, and returns to his sleep, letting his mind explore the ship as his body rests.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:14 am

Dogoda Conference
The idea of using holo-emitters to project an spare engine column on the place where the Defiant is resting, sounds very good. Kotie wanted to speak to him on what he found on that idea, but was interrupted by D’Garmo who spoke over the holocomm and waited till that is finished.

"You'll be getting a damned fine Doctor with him, Admiral Kotie." Grigory said looking back to his guest.

The admiral nodded in agreement on the last comment from Grigory about D’Garmo.

“Captain Grigory, that idea of using the holo-emitters. I really like it, lets do it.” he said to him “How long does it take to have the holo-emitters ready in the docking bay?”

((OOC: For the mess hall, over cloning, I have no clue, as cloning is not in my Federation database. Only for the cybernetic one, as we have Data. So I leave that up to you, Kensei.))
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:30 am

Defiant Storage bay:

Phaesis subconsciously checked over his body, making sure everything was still attached. His eyes scanned around the odd storage bay, everything was smoother and shinier than what he had seen in any starship. It was rather remarkable, and disconcerting.

"Another energy transfer." Lesla's voice toned over his comm device over a touch of noise.

"Confirmed. I've been ... transferred to the Defiant by their teleporting technology." Phaesis removed his scanner to recheck the generators.

O'mane chuckled. "We usually call it beaming." He watched in amusement while Phaesis rechecked the devices he had already removed from the generaters. "So what do these generators do?"

Phaesis looked up in suprise before answering. "They are basically weaponized gravity generators, but they are capable of projecting the gravity node over great distance. I hope to use these generators to create a better shield system that can even defend against those attacks." He closed and replaced his scanner. "Everything is fine here, I just need to get these devices to my ship, but it should be docking soon."
Back to top Go down
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate
The Ru

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 am

Steven was more than pleased to hear Perun explain, but his smile faded as Perun told the facts point blank. At least Perun’s still here, Steven thought. He listened to what the Doctor said and he smiled again. “I think that I know why,” Steven said. “He might be annoying to some, but he’s quite useful, I’m sure.”

Steven then heard Perun again and he looked at the door as it opened. Two stood at the door, and he recognized them from his Faction.
~~~~~

“Sir,” Kuyat heard again. “Why don’t you take it off, if it’s killing you?”
Kuyat’s lip curled in disgust. This boy was very annoying, asking so many questions. What did he care if he were to die?

“Because I don’t want that!” Kuyat snarled at the boy. He noticed that Khetatha was recoiling from him. The door opened then and Kuyat regained his formed stoic posture. He then saw a familiar face and a memory, once buried, now surfaced.
~
Takuya bounced up to Steven, his role model as he wanted to be as cool as the older male. Takuya wanted to do the thing that he did with the water. He thought that it was way awesome that Steven could control water, making it do as he wanted. Steven looked down at the young one and smiled. Takuya jumped back, “Steven. I learned something new today. I wanna show it to you.”

Steven nodded,” Okay Tak. Show me.”

Takuya motioned and some of the sand around his feet rose up like a sting and then formed into a ball. Then the sand fell and the ball desnigrated. Steven grinned and Takuya felt a bit of pride, “I worked hard.”
~
Kuyat pushed the memory aside, to focus on his mission, and stepped into the Mag-Lev. “Steven Yancey,” Kuyat said. “I’m here to help you with whatever you request of me, until I return you to the Planet.”

Steven, not recognizing the actual person, shook his head. “No. No, I’m not going back,’ He told the guy, noticing that the younger one with him was peeking out. “This is my home now. So whatever your name is-“

‘Kuyat.”

“Well Kuyat, you tell the Elders that. Understood?”

“I have my orders,” Kuyat answered harshly, his eyes narrowing as he looked at Steven. “And if I don’t bring you back, then I’m not getting the other half of my payment.”

Steven then noticed that Kuyat had a system embedded into him and his eyes widened. A thought crossed his mind, that Kuyat was doing this for one reason, if only one. He then stared at Kuyat, studying him. He noticed a lot of things about Kuyat. The man looked tired, worn out from running himself ragged. Steven estimated from the look of the guy that he was hanging on by a thread and at the most only had weeks left.

Steven folded his arms over his chest. “I’ll make an agreement with you,” He told Kuyat. “I’ll make up the remaining payment that’s owed to you. But you must do something for me in return.”

Kuyat looked at Steven, his eyes widening.

“You must first tell me what you plan to do with this money, or have that thing removed,” Steven demanded, pointing at the collar.

That agian, Kuyat thought. He saw a Doctor and Kuyat's attitude got even darker.

"I really do hope that you're here for another reason," Kuyat threatened hissing. He looked back at Steven, a debate raging within him. The faction had always been agianst cloning, and this one was no different. Kuyat's hand clenched into a fist as he decided to answer the man. "I need the money as I still have unfinished business."

Steven recognized the answer as one pointing towards cloning. He frowned. It was a reasonable solution, he thought, but one that went against the Laws of the Faction. Then again so did the system that Kuyat was wearing.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Department Station:

Kat made her way to the civilian commerce deck with her small bag slung over her shoulder. In it, were all the belongings she needed: some clothing, her computer pad, some personal items, a collection of vibroknives, and two nondescript cubes. A third cube was currently fashioned around her head as a fancy circlet.

She brushed through the bustling crowd while whistling a songless tune to herself. It had been a good day, things were running right on schedule, and she could catch the aroma of fresh noodle bowls in the air.

She found the stand, a small thing situated in the back of one of the many side corridors. It looked almost like one of those open market stalls she heard where on the more organic planets, but that didn't matter to her.

What mattered was the menu, and the small group of Department men lounging on the restaraunts scarce furniture.

She noticed several of the men's eyes following her as she whistled up to the counter and ordered a bowl of steaming noodles with vegetables and protein strips. She paid and took the bowl to the one empty table in the hallway. She pulled her chopsticks from an inner pocket of her jacket and began to eat.

Kat was enjoying the noodle bowl, but a soft whining noise from a nearby Department soilder distracted her. The man answered his comm device for a brief conversation before replacing it.

"Blood Horn task force is coming in with an extra ship in tow. We gotta get below and prep the docking stations, probably get the dry dock ready. Seems the transport ship coming in will be with us for some refitting and will probably be shopping for more crew." The man sighed in frustration and heaved himself up and out, with several of the other men following close behind.

Kat smiled to herself and finished her noodle bowl in the relative quite of the corridor. A transport ship always needed a cook, and she just happened to be a cook. Or she could be a maintenance working if she needed to, but either job would get her on the ship and off of the station. She produced a small packet of spices and added a drop to the noodle bowl before she continued eating. The spice defiantly improved the taste of the protein strips, and put her in an even better mood.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Defiant Cargo bay 2 (deck 3)
O’Mane listened to the explanation from Phaesis for what he is going to do with the generators while he removed the two beacons he used for the transport, placed them back in the toolkit and putted it away.

“Do you like to have a short tour on our ship while you wait for your ship to dock?” he asked to him friendly.

"Of course, this ship is unlike any I’ve seen." Phaesis replied overjoyed, as this ship doesn’t exists in this universe.

“Well, this ship has a very unique design, compared to the all the other starships we have. As those have a separate saucer section and an engineering section.” O’Mane explained to Phaesis, “Shall we start at engineering?”
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:03 pm

"Lead the way." Phaesis said cheerfully. The lion was trusting, but so was his admiral. He followed O'mane out of the Cargo bay and into the corridor. It wasn't like the Dogoda's walk ways but the floor and ceilings were solid and the running lights clean.

There was also little exposed machinery or wiring. "It's so clean." Phaesis muttered. His own ship had long since lost its free space to mechanical upgrades that reduced his walkways to crawl spaces.

O'mane smiled and guided him into a lift of some sort. "Deck two." The man said. As the list started he turned to Phaesis. "The Defiant has a total of four decks, and two subdecks." The lift doors opened and he led Phaesis out into another hallway and aft. He pointed out a few things along the way until they came to the engineering section.

"This is main engineering." He said with a wave of his arm.

Phaesis glanced around, looking at the interface consoles and displays to the simple layout of the room. The section wasn't large or open, but it wasn't cramped like the spaces he was used to seeing. It lacked the many of the devices and ports he was used to seeing in an engineering section. It felt almost safe.

They were standing on what was almost a metal balcony overlooking most of the rest of the section. He listened as O'mane explained various control panels and energy conduits, while his gaze shifted from place to place.

He attempted to reach out and touch the machinery, but it was so alien that he couldn't make sense of it. He relaxed his psionic powers and let them simply hover around O'mane and anyone else who wandered into sight. Phaesis was trying to gain a better understanding of these people and their ship.

Then something O'mane said gave him pause. He was describing the large generator glowing on the lower level, calling it a "Class 7 Warp Core."

"Warp drive?" Phaesis asked, excitied. "Is that a working FTL design?" He practically grabbed the front of the lion's uniform in excitement, and his voice changed becoming slightly higher pitch with a different accent.
Back to top Go down
Jarod Cain
New pack member
New pack member
Jarod Cain

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 1:22 am

kotelinie wrote:

((OOC: For the mess hall, over cloning, I have no clue, as cloning is not in my Federation database. Only for the cybernetic one, as we have Data. So I leave that up to you, Kensei.))

OOC:
Just an observation, while not completely unheard of, cloning in the Federation outside of a purely medical situation is considered unnatural and illegal.

It is usually spoken in the same breath as genetic engineering and seen as possibly dangerous.

In the medical field, when dealing with amputees, the Federation Doctors can usually reconstruct an entire replacement limb using their own genetic code. Basically they tweak the genes to only grow an arm and have it happen in an accelerated state. Sure it's technically cloning, but it's a semantics problem and they're more comfortable just saying "we can grow you a new one, rather than a full clone (as a full body clone would be subject to the Interstellar Bill of Rights). Hope I'm making sense here... But yeah, Kensei wasn't completely off in his statement.

On another note, I should be posting here soon. Hopefully I'll be able to get all this character building and exposition all done and caught up with everyone in the next few posts. Before you ask, yes there is a couple reasons why Doctor Lazarus needs to meet with the Matriarch, for a hint, look at my character description. Wink
-J-
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

kotelinie

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Defiant Mess Hall
"I'm not sure... I always thought, if I lost a limb, I'd get a cyber replacement... cloning a new limb is usually too expensive... Are their any... drawbacks to having a cloned hand?" said Gavin

The doctor took a sip from his Klingon coffee while he listened to Gavin. Took another sip from it and answered his question “There are no drawbacks on it, as it is exactly the same as the one you have used to have. Unfortunately is the Defiant not qualified for doing such procedures. So those are mostly done aboard of a starbase or starship that is qualified for it.”

Defiant Engineering, deck 2
"Warp drive?" Phaesis asked, excitied. "Is that a working FTL design?" He practically grabbed the front of the lion's uniform in excitement, and his voice changed becoming slightly higher pitch with a different accent.

O’Mane nodded, “Yes, and this one is capable of achieving a maximum velocity of warp 9.5. But when we came to this region of space. Became our warp field unstable and it collapsed.” He explained.

“Do you have any questions about it Phaesis, or shall we go further to the Sickbay, Transportroom, Mess hall? As those are also on the this deck.”

((Jarod, thanks for the info, the post for it is a bit changed))
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member
KenseiKitsune

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:27 pm

OOS: Post saved for later. There, Phi, happy? I posted. :p

Dogoda Conference

"Well, Admiral, shall he head to your ship?" Grigory said as he readied his Holocomm once more. The image of an Engineer flickered into view. "I want five Engineers to bring a spare holo-emitter down to the Docking Bay.

The crewman saluted, and said "Aye, sir, we'll be there shortly." and faded away.

Grigory and Admiral Kotie rode the Mag-Lev down to the Docking Bay uninterrupted, and stepped out to see five crewmen standing ready with a large metal box. They saluted as Grigory stepped from the Mag-Lev.

"Patch that into the hull plating next to the Defiant. Work quickly, now. We need it working before we reach the Station."

Dogoda Mag-Lev

Halim's features hardened at the threat that was tossed to him. He spoke calmly, and his eyes narrowed "Its none of my business if you plan to kill yourself, but while you're on this ship you will keep your tongue in check, or I will throw you out the airlock myself."

Halim closed his eyes and shook his head, conciously throwing out those urges to defend against the implied attack. He breathed out slowly. He opened his eyes, once again calm, as he carefully watched the newcomers.

Defiant MessHall

Gavin closed his eyes and nodded. "Well, thenit would be best to get the cyber replacement after all. ummm... Could I, maybe, have another Hamburger?" Gavin grinned sheepishly.

Station 1106 - Civilian Ring

The gathering was in full-swing as a hooded man stood before an altar and rang out in loud words his superiority. Parishoners sat on pews leading to the back, their eyes fixated on the hooded figure.

As the hooded one stood up, there was clinking noise as a metal ball rolled into the room. A flash of white and noise made the room shake. The parishoners were all knocked unconcious and the hooded man swore as he pulled back his hood.

Jastor walked calmly in, smiling at his prey, an older Cat with a deep scar running acrossed his face. As Jastor approached the cat smiled wide.

"A new devotee." He rasped as he stared intently into Jastor's eyes. Jastor came to a stop and continued to look amused.

The cat stopped suddenly and grabbed his head, as blood began to flow from his nose.

"But... what? Why? Who are you?"

Jastor slowly drew his vibro-sword and rushed forward quickly impaling the confused cat on his blade. "Piece of Psion -filth-, should have kept licking your master's boot. Got to be free for a few months, what did it get you?" He forced the blade through the cat's side and placed it back into its scabbard, "It got you a bloody mess on the floor."

Jastor moved over and raised his boot above the dying man's head, before bringing it down with a sickening crunch.

[filth is a stand in word for something I can't post based on the rules :p]

OOS: Just a bit rushed, and grappling with insomnia.

Incase you are wondering, the Cat was using his Psionic gifts to dominate a large group of people and force them to worship him as if he were a god.

Some Psions get that sort of god-complex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Universe - Part 1   A New Universe - Part 1 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Universe - Part 1
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next